Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: Howdy y'all...

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Howdy y'all...

Hi there. New to the forums here, and I'm not really a firefighter...yet. I've been a telecomm nerd in the Army for the last 4 years, and intend to get out after this 2nd tour in Iraq wraps up next fall.

My father's been the chief of our hometown volunteer dept for almost a decade, and I've got an older brother and handfull of uncles on other volunteer depts around the area. I can't think of anything I'd rather do than get hired on to a full-time dept when I get out. Still working on picking up the basics, though...it's "put the red stuff on the wet stuff," right?

Anyway, I'm just here to pick up what I can, so thanks in advance for answering any newbie questions I come up with!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fyrboss2
    Hi there. New to the forums here, and I'm not really a firefighter...yet. I've been a telecomm nerd in the Army for the last 4 years, and intend to get out after this 2nd tour in Iraq wraps up next fall.

My father's been the chief of our hometown volunteer dept for almost a decade, and I've got an older brother and handfull of uncles on other volunteer depts around the area. I can't think of anything I'd rather do than get hired on to a full-time dept when I get out. Still working on picking up the basics, though...it's "put the red stuff on the wet stuff," right?

Anyway, I'm just here to pick up what I can, so thanks in advance for answering any newbie questions I come up with!

First off, it's "put the wet stuff on the red stuff". Ask any questions you would like. First off, what state are you in?

And if your in the Forestry Service, it would be "put the red-wet stuff on the red stuff". Anyway, welcome aboard. And good luck, take care and stay safe!!
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Thread Information