Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default TIC trianing Ideas and senerios

I am looking for some new and innovation training ideas for our next training night. Anyone have anything other than the regular ole stuff.

Forum Member

One of my favorite drills is the camera failure drill. This is to remind guys that the camera is only a tool and if they don't use it correctly they can get into trouble. Basicly you have the crew proform a search to locate a victim. The proctor in the search area will announce "Camera Failure" and turn off the TI. The evacuation signal is then given. Now crews who followed search procedures (right or left hand, follow wall, etc.) will have no problem retreating. The ones that opened the door, scanned the room and went right for the victim may be confused in a dark and/or smokey room. When the RIT has to come lead them out its a lesson they won't soon forget.

Protective Economist Jonathan Bastian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonythetongue
    I am looking for some new and innovation training ideas for our next training night. Anyone have anything other than the regular ole stuff.
    Firehouse magazine has a monthly article on TI training and there are dozens of articles in the Technology section of Firehouse.com.
    My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

Thread Information