Thread: 1199A Update

Forum Member

Default 1199A Update

Got the 1199A update request in e-mail and the application link. On the link to update in the upper left hand corner it says application and awards. The update is in the awards link. Does this mean we got it? Thanks, it would be our first.

MembersZone Subscriber

It doesn't mean that you got an award, but you need to read between the lines. You are a first timer and have recieved the 1199A Update link. They will send the update link to potential winners, why create more paperwork for non-winners. The next step is the 10 q's, then the award letter. Time to put the bubbly on ice, but don't open it quite yet.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by asstrace
    Got the 1199A update request in e-mail and the application link. On the link to update in the upper left hand corner it says application and awards. The update is in the awards link. Does this mean we got it? Thanks, it would be our first.
    Remember to follow their directions closely here. Keep copies for yourself in your grant file and send the originals by " Priority Mail" with a return reciept requested. Then go to your email center in the online application and send them a message that it has been sent back as requested by priroity USPS.Congrats looks like you are on your way to an award.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Looked at our 1199A today and found award reference for 2006 SAFER - after going 0 fer 7, have now received Fireman's Fund, 2006 AFG, and it looks like 2006 Safer all within a 90 day period. To all who haven't received a grant yet. Just keep trying - It will pay off. To all those who post here - WORDS CAN'T EXPRESS THE APPRECIATION FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP. You all had a hand in us receiving these grants.

Forum Member

Smile

We got our 1199A for our new engine. Have been trying since day one of the AFG program. Now we get to retire our 1975 engine.

Steve C.
    RCFD

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Looking better!!!!!!!

Received 1199A this morning for a new tanker/tender. Hope to see the offical word before the end of the year. From what I have read from other posts its not for sure but looks very, very hopeful!!!!! Will be replacing a 1960 tanker.

Forum Member

Woo hoo, rbh!! See, no worries. I'm happy for you guys! Let me know if you need any help picking that bad boy out!

Chad
    SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
    I.A.C.O.J.

Forum Member

Thumbs up 1199 reference number

Received the award reference number on our 1199 last week for SAFER. Still waiting on questions. After this award, we will have received funding 4 years in a row....2003-Pumper/Tanker; 2004--Fire Prevention; 2005--Operations/Safety; 2006 so far SAFER....total funding reveived to date after SAFER will be over $565,000.
    Last edited by chief311; 11-13-2006 at 04:23 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 1199a

just back from 7 days in ARUBA and there it was the 1199A update notice for SAFER .....
    won't open the bubbly just yet - and the body still needs to finish de toxing after a week of Pina Coladas and Mijito's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and I agree wholeheartly with the prior threads for the 3 Amigos - all their advice and guidance to the family is invaluable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Many thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyg26
    just back from 7 days in ARUBA and there it was the 1199A update notice for SAFER .....
    won't open the bubbly just yet - and the body still needs to finish de toxing after a week of Pina Coladas and Mijito's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and I agree wholeheartly with the prior threads for the 3 Amigos - all their advice and guidance to the family is invaluable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Many thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
    way to go Tony. Congrats!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Default Finally, finally, FINALLY!!!

After an army of failed vehicle apps, I finally got an 1199a for one today! $185K for an engine and equipment to replace a '69 model and move the '73 model back to second-due/reserve!

Congratulations, Rockhouse Fire & Rescue!!
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

MembersZone Subscriber

As the old adage goes;

"If at first you do not succeed, try, try again"

Seems to be very fitting this year with the folks that have gotten grants after years of denials. Congrats to all.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Good deal there Brian.

Guess that means I'll have to spend some time logging in and out tonight to see if any more showed up. Good thing I have Prison Break set on the DVR.

Forum Member

any one have any dealings with deep south fire equipment?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 393dodge
    We've never bought one of their trucks, but we recieved a bid and I know of a department that has one. I looked it over pretty good while we were bidding out our tanker pumper. Can't say as I saw one thing wrong with it. Looked like a good, solid built truck. Had we went with a traditional tanker type apparatus (we went with pumper-style body), I'd imagine we'd have gone with Deep South. The department I know that has the one we looked at is very happy with it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 393dodge
    I have been buying trucks from Dennis at Deep South for about 15 years. I have never had a problem that was not taken care of right away. They are good people to deal with.

Forum Member

We purchased a Toyne engine from Deep South and a used air truck from them. Very good people to work with. The Toyne was bought with a Grant, not Fire Act. The purchase was a very long drawnout ordeal and they were great to work with us through the whole process. Two neighboring departments have purchased new tankers from them, and they have been impressive in water shuttle operations.

MembersZone Subscriber

We purchased used pumper in the past from Deep South. We had such good service from them that we purchased a new tanker in 2000 and a new brush truch in 2003. We have no complaints at all. Howard has been our salesman for all the purchases. Since we purchased our tanker they have made great changes in design. They are now building class A tanker pumpers with high side compartments. Their equipment make not have the sparkle of an E-One or a Pierce but the serviceis just as good. We are considering building a new rescue on a 550 chassis. They brought a CAFS skid to our station for a demo last week. Impressive! Give them a call.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle
    As the old adage goes;

"If at first you do not succeed, try, try again"
    If at second you don't succeed, try, try again.
    If at third you don't succeed, try, try again.
    If at fourth you dn't succeed, try, try again.
    If at fifth you don't succeed?

Still trying!

Forum Member

How long is it before you get the 10?s after recieving the 1199A update request?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by asstrace
    How long is it before you get the 10?s after recieving the 1199A update request?
    Utterly unpredictable. Some come the same day. Sometimes the questions come first. They can be separated by weeks.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Update

OK - final score for me
    1 1199A - SAFER
    2 dear john's - AFG

anyone have inof on when FP is going to open?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

January. Probably the 8th since it's the 1st Monday of the 1st full week of the month. It will run for 5 weeks, so if 2007 AFG App Period doesn't move there will be 3 weeks in between the end of FP and the opening of AFG. Better get it in gear for both now where there's time to breath.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 1199a

Thanks BC - by the way - how' sthe family and the new casa?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Family is good, Emma is growing like a weed.

New casa will look good on paper since that's all it is. We bought a lot full of trees so we have to find a plan, a builder, and then make it happen. Won't be in it for at least 12-16 months. Congrats on the SAFER by the way. At least you snagged one of them.

Thread Information