MembersZone Subscriber

Default Wolverines or Buckeyes?

No need to answer Steamer.

What do the rest of you think?

WIN IT FOR BO!

Forum Member
    On the flatest land around! (In central Il.)

I was gonna post the same question today, but figured it was to late... I'll have to say buckeyes

Forum Member

I just looked at the score... buckeyes down by 7

MembersZone Subscriber

Coming from a Buckeye, GO BLUE!

MembersZone Subscriber

4th and six on the 30, 3rd quarter and Mich. goes for the first down?????????????? THEN LOSE THE GAME BY THE THREE POINTS THEY SHOULD HAVE KICKED.

JEEZE

Forum Member

All I can say is.................

WE'RE GOING TO GLENDALE BABY!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Heck of a weekend for the state of Ohio.

Ohio State beats Michigan.
    Cincinnati beats Rutgers.
    Bengals win also.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Notre Dame and the Cowboys both won. At least many didn't see one of those coming.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

Question

Now the question is...who wants to see a re-match? I certainly dont. All we need is a re-match with Michigan winning. Then what? Best 2 out of 3? This BSC thing needs to go away. We need a play-off.

Michigan had their chance, give somebody else a shot. I dont care who, be it USC, Florida, Arkansas or Notre Dame.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983
    Now the question is...who wants to see a re-match? I certainly dont. All we need is a re-match with Michigan winning. Then what? Best 2 out of 3? This BSC thing needs to go away. We need a play-off.

Michigan had their chance, give somebody else a shot. I dont care who, be it USC, Florida, Arkansas or Notre Dame.
    I agree with ya that the BCS has got to go. I think a playoff system would be best. With the BCS there are to many teams that should have a shot at it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm a transplanted Buckeye in the Last Frontier.

I agree with getting rid of the BCS system and going to a championship playoff system.

Take the conference winners and pair them up like the NCAA basketball championship with top seeds getting a bye (if required to fill out a 16 team roster.) Use the present bowl games as neutral sites for the different rounds of a play off. Of course you would have to start the playoffs in early December in order to finish out with the championship game on January 1.

After watch USC and ND this evening, I'd like to see how Pete Carrol matching wits with Jim Tressel.

Go Buckeyes!!!!
    BE SAFE
    Before Everything, Stop And First Evaluate

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsdobson
    I'm a transplanted Buckeye in the Last Frontier.

I agree with getting rid of the BCS system and going to a championship playoff system.

Take the conference winners and pair them up like the NCAA basketball championship with top seeds getting a bye (if required to fill out a 16 team roster.) Use the present bowl games as neutral sites for the different rounds of a play off. Of course you would have to start the playoffs in early December in order to finish out with the championship game on January 1.

After watch USC and ND this evening, I'd like to see how Pete Carrol matching wits with Jim Tressel.

Go Buckeyes!!!!

Sounds like a plan. Take the conference champs and the top rated non-conference teams and put them in a play-off. You could even rotate the semis and the final between the major bowls just like they do now.

BCS or not, Ive never liked the break between the end of the regular season and the bowl games. OSU will have something like 45 days between games. That has to affect performance. I think you see different teams in the bowls then you do in the regular season. Not to mention, if you get a team whos on a roll, they loose all the momentum with the break.

I think they should keep playing right till the end.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

being a buckeye fan, I think michigan really got screwed out of going to the national championship game just b/c some coaches didn't want to see a rematch, if it would be any other conference they probably would've went. oh well, the buckeyes are gonna hammer florida, and michigan is gonna hammer USC, so I guess it doesn't really matter that much since they both will win there game

Forum Member

I dont think Flordia stands a chance against THE Ohio St. university.

MembersZone Subscriber

An NCAA football playoff is way over due. I propose the following.

Maintain the current ranking system throughout the year, but come December, the top 16 teams enter a playoff format.
    Week one- 8 games
    Week two- 4 games
    Week three- 2 games
    New Years Day- Championship Game.

It's time the Boise States of the NCAA get their shot.

Now comes the money issue (Because it's all about the Benjamins)

Every corporation who wants their name on the Championship game enters a sealed bid. When all bids are opened, the top bid gets the game. Each lower bid gets a game deeper into the playoffs.

Advertising dollars will roll in for every game, 10x what the revenues are today. This money is divided equally amoung all the schools in the playoffs.

Why do I think the advertising will be premium? Simple. OFFICE POOLS.

Every Super Bowl and March Madness get huge ratings because of the pools. The majority of viewers could care less who's playing as long as they have a chance at the pool, they watch. Advertisers know it and drop major cash to be seen during these games. An NCAA football tournament would attract a whole new base.

This marks the fifth time in the last seven seasons that the No. 1 vs. No. 2 matchup has been marred by controversy over a deserving team getting left out.

Two years ago, Auburn goes undefeated as SEC champ and gets shutout of the national championship game.

Three years ago, Southern California finishes No. 1 in the coaches' poll and the media poll (both BCS components back then) and doesn't even make it into the national championship game. The BCS was so messed up that year, the Trojans finished No. 1 in the final coaches poll but the coaches gave their national championship trophy to LSU because of a BCS pledge.

Five years ago, Nebraska didn't win its conference and got to play Miami for the national championship. Worse yet, the Cornhuskers didn't even win their division in the Big 12 or even play in the conference championship game.

MembersZone Subscriber

I like the Lts. format; let's take the idea one step further.

Right now there are 32 bowl games. The Lts plan uses 15 games. Lets take the second place conference finishers and some at-large independent schools and run a parallel tournament like basketball does with the NIT. The advertising dollars will still flow and more schools will get a cut of cash as well as the communities that host the games.

Just a thought...

Merry Christmas
    BE SAFE

Forum Member

Surely no one can honestly say now that Michigan deserved another shot at the title......USC pretty much handed them their butt.

MembersZone Subscriber

USC sure had a superior game plan. Michigan may been pressing to hard. How would you like to go three years in a row, losing to your arch rival and then lose your bowl game. Any expectations of a high pre-season ranking just went down the drain....again.

My guess is Lloyd has one more season. Beat Ohio State or take an early retirement.
    BE SAFE

MembersZone Subscriber

yeah i agree that usc had a more superior game, and not to change the subject but did you see boise state, wow what a finish!

Forum Member

Boise State looked like they should be playing for the national title.....Im not sure they didnt deserve it either. Undefeated for the season and they looked really good

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

"yeah i agree that usc had a more superior game, and not to change the subject but did you see boise state, wow what a finish!"

Only got to see the second half but it sure has the makings of an instant ESPN Classic.
    BE SAFE

the 4-1-4

Boise State looked like they should be playing for the national title.....Im not sure they didnt deserve it either. Undefeated for the season and they looked really good
    Boise State had a great game, it was an incredible finish, and will be watched for years. Oklahoma is still the better football team, though. I also really don’t think that Boise St. would stand a chance against Ohio St.
    The whole premise of Boise State’s win was the ‘gadget play’, which worked for that game, but will never work against a team better than Oklahoma, like Ohio State. Gadget plays also only work until they are on film, and are game planned for. The statue of liberty play, and it worked? Priceless!
    I was glad to see these Broncos win, but they are not contenders for number one.
    There are several teams that played New Year bowls that aren’t even in the BCS, so that teams like Notre Dame get a shot every year.

A playoff system is definitely needed in D-1A football.

the 4-1-4

"yeah i agree that usc had a more superior game, and not to change the subject but did you see boise state, wow what a finish!"
    People forget that Wisconsin gave Michigan all they could handle. I don't think Michigan is as good as people thought.

Forum Member

Florida is laying the woodshed on OSU right now. 41-14 with 10 min to go in the game.
    Marshall Griffiss EMT/FF
    Chaires Capitola Fire Rescue
    Tallahassee, Fl.
    www.stitchingbydesign.net
    Washington Lodge #2 F&AM
    Past Master
    Ham Radio: N4DOG General Class
    IACOJ

Thread Information