Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter Jackets

Forum Member

Default Winter Jackets

Alright folks, i know it proably does not belong in this forum but i figuar its the most appropriate forum.

Cold weather is comming and the jackets are being broken out. My department put me in charge of picking a jacket for our members for those calls such as medicals that dontt require bunker jacket.

What jacket do you like? Is it the game sports wear " bravest" jacket or another type and if its another can you please post a link for it?

Thanks

Dan

MembersZone Subscriber LFD1MICHAEL's Avatar

Dan, we wear and love our Globe Lifeline EMS gear. Zip out coat liner makes for 4 season use. We do the short coat and matching pants. Besides weather protection the crosstec barrier keeps us safe from all the bloodborne crap and meets compliance issues.

That was not a sales hit, I don't sell it, I just love it!

Forum Member

Default Game/5.11

Game Sportswear and 5.11 Tactical are 2 great companies with excellent jackets. If you are looking to keep the price down a bit, Game is the way to go. Their 3-Season is nice but they also have a 3 in 1 jacket with a zip out liner which can be used for a longer period of time. They also have the jackets with reflective striping that meet ANSI standards. As for 5.11, all of their jackets come with the reflective vest and are nice jackets...but are definitely more expensive.... I think it will depend on what your company is willing to spend and what the purpose is? Just to identify yourselves? Or to protect yourselves from body fluids? This will make a big difference in what you choose....

MembersZone Subscriber F52Westside's Avatar

We use Gerber Jackets. They work well for us. I think ours is the Chicago 2000.
    Stay Safe & Bring 'em Home!
    Eddie C.
    I.A.F.F. Local 3008

"Doin' it for lives n' property"

** "The comments made here are this person's views and not that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

MembersZone Subscriber LFD1MICHAEL's Avatar

Now that I see the above, we also run the Gerber Parka and 911 pants They do hit nfpa and ansi requirments at a very reasonable price. Our EMS crews run the globe in navy blue, our fire police / road safety guys wear the GERBER 911 pants and lime and black response parka. Decent garments at a very reasonable price we have had them over a year with regular use, they seem to be holding up well. We also had retro-reflective badges and lettering applied at the Gerber factory.

I have the gerber chicago 200 and love it ..........it is currently in the shop for a zipper replacement and will be nack next week another popular jacket here is something from Spiewak ?> (sp) I dodnt care for them as well.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Thread Information