+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    MembersZone Subscriber

I haven't heard anything like that but I do know they had 454 applicants and I counted about 350 that showed up to the written. I don't know hao many passed but I just took the oral Monday. If you hear anything else let me know and I'll do the same.

MembersZone Subscriber

Rumor is that Hartford is trying to get CPAT indoors. Now that the oral boards are finished that is the last step before chiefs interviews. By the way the Hartford oral board was the worst one I have ever been s part of. Terrible questions!

Forum Member

what did they ask?

Forum Member

Yes most interested, what did they ask for oral questions that they were the worst?

MembersZone Subscriber

The questions were straight foward. There was no disecting the question, it was thrown out there to answer. It was a simple oral not a complicated one like some others. If you went over answers to the standard oral questions then you shouldnt have had a problem. Just my opinion though. Best of luck guys. We should hear more in the first weeks of the new year. Happy New Year.

MembersZone Subscriber

Everybody duck because rumors are flyin in this post!! Well here goes. Rumor has it everyone passed the oral!!! So if true congrats to all who took it. It shouldn't be long before we get our letters with our rankings. Another rumor is that if you are within the top 200 you are most likely going to get hired within the next 2 years. Final rumor guys I promise!! They still don't know about the agility but they are trying to have it in the expo center maybe March. They have to give us two months advanced notice to prepare and if they wait till March they will probably do the backrounds first. OK thats it these are rumors but believe me when I tell you they come from a reliable source. Any other info would be great. Thanks and good luck fellas.

MembersZone Subscriber

No rumor here guys, I just talked to personell and the letters were sent out yesterday so check your mailboxes and best of luck!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

No rumor here guys, I just talked to personell and the letters were sent out yesterday so check your mailboxes and best of luck!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

just got my letter today with a passing score! I talked to personell who told me that a list will not be made untill after the agility and the agility is more then likely going to be the CPAT but they are still trying to schedule. She also told me that just about everyone passed the oral so congrats to all who did!

MembersZone Subscriber

Got mine as well. Guess we are waiting on the agility now? Sounds like CPAT is def in. Called the academy Tuesday and they have no scheduled dates set yet for testing.

Forum Member

Thumbs down

The next 200 rookies to be hired with the City of Hartford Fire Department will be from a candidates list of all minority candidates. Most of minority candidates scored over the 90% on there oral exam. Most of the white guys only scored 80% on there oral exam. The City of Hartford recruit class will be "history in the making because it will be the largest class of Hispanics, Blacks, women, candidates without being ordered by a court order. The White guys getting hired in big City Fire Department's in the great state of Connecticut will never happen again. "History in the making

MembersZone Subscriber

Dude, you gota have a positive outlook.There are a lot of speed bumps in the way. First killer, CPAT. It will knock out more people than Mike Tyson. Second Killer, Background Checks, there are a lot of people with skeletons in their closets, so to speak. Alot of people that cant pass a drug test, or medical exam. There are plenty of qualified people that are guna get hired. This list is the one to be on. And as far as scoring goes, i would have to disagree, i am a caucasian male and I scored a 90. Just sit back and let it happen, you have to remember Equal oppourtunity employment, if the city is made up of 21% whites then technically 21% of the class has to be just that. Same thing with Latinos and African Americans, they are tied i think at 38% or so according to census data we will say high 30's to cover it. Diversity is a big issue, something that cant be overlooked or denied, hop on the train and take the ride, I think it will be alright in the end...... Good Luck.
    Last edited by scotts48; 01-18-2007 at 01:37 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I totally agree with you Scotts. Everyone cries about the reasons they won't get hired. Everyone that cries about this stuff is looking from the outside in and doesn't know the facts. Just to let everyone know I am a male caucasion and got a 78.3 on my Oral, do I agree with the score of course not but I'm damn sure not gonna blame it on a race issue. Here are the facts!! 80% of the Hartford Fire Dept is currently CAUCASION. There were 20 people in the last recruit class Hartford sent through their academy; 16 of the recruits were caucasion, 3 were Hispanic, and one African American. The CPAT will be a huge killer and in my opinion, if you pass the CPAT then you obviously prepared yourself and if you prepared then you obviously want the job that bad so you're not just some jamoke off the street looking for a job with good benefits and a good schedule. Next, like Scotts said, the backround checks will knock out a bunch. So if you prepare yourself, pass the CPAT, pass the backround, and get on the job then damn it you deserve it no matter what race you are. I also think that the CPAT and backrounds will knock out so many candidates that HFD will have to adminster another test because they are gonna be looking for so many people. Last thing, the whole hiring process up until the Chief's interview is handled by personnel, so the Dept has no control over it. So before you go blaming you not getting hired on a race issue or saying its the Dept's fault get you facts straight and prepare yourself. And for anyone out there that's applying for this job, good luck and if I get on the job I will be happy to work next to whoever gets on the job, no matter what race, because I know you prepared yourself for the job just as much as I did.

MembersZone Subscriber

Rock On Bro....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best of luck to you.

MembersZone Subscriber

CPAT up to $150 bucks now, and there is no set schedule. City said that if they run the cpat, they would accept cards dated back 12 months. Dont know of truth, but thats what they told a guy i know when he called.

MembersZone Subscriber

I guess we'll just have to wait a while longer and see what happens. Unfortunately even if they take dated cards it doesn't help me because I don't have one. I do think our chances are getting better and better though. $150 is alot of money for someone who doesn't have a true passion for the job. I think a bunch of people will drop out just because of the price, but we'll see. Hey Scotts did you apply anywhere else? Would you take the first that came up or would you wait on Hartford. Probably a stupid question but just wondering. My buddy already dropped out because he got picked up by Meriden.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just got off the phone with the fir academy and they told me testing will not start again untill at least mid April. I hope Hartford has some kind of plan because that seems like a hell of a long time. I don't know if they will allow orientations to start mid Feb. for the 2 month prep time though. If this is the case then Hartford should be letting us know something within the next couple of weeks, but once again it is all on the shoulders of the Personell dept in Hartford and we all know how speedy they are.

MembersZone Subscriber

I only did NBFD and HFD, i already have a great FF job, i would just like to go to the public sector rather than stay private. Yeah at this pace HFD would be looking prolly toward June to have a class start, Im guessing. You figure you do have the 2 month wait period for CPAT, plus it takes a couple weeks to do background and Cheifs interviews. So Who knows. I did hear a rumor today that b/c there is such a wait for CPAT they were considering their own agility, like i said just rumor but who knows. It does make sense that way they could "tailor" the test to "individuals" who would not otherwise pass the CPAT. But that is rumor and either way im ready for it. Im hoping they stick with CPAT though, one b/c i already have an upated card and two it will increase odds of getting hired by knocking out riff-raff so to speak.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah I'm kinda hoping the CPAT is gonna be what they go with as well. I don't have a card but have no doubt I'll pass with all the prep I've been doing. It will def weed out the weak "riff-raff" as you said. Where do you work if you don't mind me asking?

MembersZone Subscriber

Drop me an email. Scotts48@aol.com

Forum Member

They will probably stick with the CPAT. It doesnt cost them a penny, and they dont have to worry about being sued.

Nothing in Hartford goes quickly.

MembersZone Subscriber

I hear that!!!!!!! I was also thinking the same about the CPAT, you think they get it free or do they get a discounted rate????

IACOJ Agitator

Quote Originally Posted by CTJAKE View Post
    Nothing in Hartford goes quickly.
    Just look how long the process took last time before they hired the class. It was a long time guys, I'd be surprised if they start a class before the winter.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

Default Fyi

Guys,

I beleive that HFD Chief of Training D. Nolan is on deployment with the US Army. I don't know if this has any bearing on new hiring or running a class

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes this is correct he is on Deployment as for what this means for the hiring process I don't know but as I stated before teh Dept has nothing to do with anything until the Chief's interview so as of right now it has no bearing on anything. Now if he is still on deployment after Chief's interviews I don't know if that would delay the start of a recruit class. I don't think it would because there are others in the training division for this exact reason but I do not know for sure. If I hear anything I will let everyone know.
    Last edited by jfaz81; 02-01-2007 at 05:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information