Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

I guess we'll just have to wait a while longer and see what happens. Unfortunately even if they take dated cards it doesn't help me because I don't have one. I do think our chances are getting better and better though. $150 is alot of money for someone who doesn't have a true passion for the job. I think a bunch of people will drop out just because of the price, but we'll see. Hey Scotts did you apply anywhere else? Would you take the first that came up or would you wait on Hartford. Probably a stupid question but just wondering. My buddy already dropped out because he got picked up by Meriden.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just got off the phone with the fir academy and they told me testing will not start again untill at least mid April. I hope Hartford has some kind of plan because that seems like a hell of a long time. I don't know if they will allow orientations to start mid Feb. for the 2 month prep time though. If this is the case then Hartford should be letting us know something within the next couple of weeks, but once again it is all on the shoulders of the Personell dept in Hartford and we all know how speedy they are.

MembersZone Subscriber

I only did NBFD and HFD, i already have a great FF job, i would just like to go to the public sector rather than stay private. Yeah at this pace HFD would be looking prolly toward June to have a class start, Im guessing. You figure you do have the 2 month wait period for CPAT, plus it takes a couple weeks to do background and Cheifs interviews. So Who knows. I did hear a rumor today that b/c there is such a wait for CPAT they were considering their own agility, like i said just rumor but who knows. It does make sense that way they could "tailor" the test to "individuals" who would not otherwise pass the CPAT. But that is rumor and either way im ready for it. Im hoping they stick with CPAT though, one b/c i already have an upated card and two it will increase odds of getting hired by knocking out riff-raff so to speak.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah I'm kinda hoping the CPAT is gonna be what they go with as well. I don't have a card but have no doubt I'll pass with all the prep I've been doing. It will def weed out the weak "riff-raff" as you said. Where do you work if you don't mind me asking?

MembersZone Subscriber

Drop me an email. Scotts48@aol.com

Forum Member

They will probably stick with the CPAT. It doesnt cost them a penny, and they dont have to worry about being sued.

Nothing in Hartford goes quickly.

MembersZone Subscriber

I hear that!!!!!!! I was also thinking the same about the CPAT, you think they get it free or do they get a discounted rate????

Quote Originally Posted by CTJAKE View Post
    Nothing in Hartford goes quickly.
    Just look how long the process took last time before they hired the class. It was a long time guys, I'd be surprised if they start a class before the winter.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

Default Fyi

Guys,

I beleive that HFD Chief of Training D. Nolan is on deployment with the US Army. I don't know if this has any bearing on new hiring or running a class

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes this is correct he is on Deployment as for what this means for the hiring process I don't know but as I stated before teh Dept has nothing to do with anything until the Chief's interview so as of right now it has no bearing on anything. Now if he is still on deployment after Chief's interviews I don't know if that would delay the start of a recruit class. I don't think it would because there are others in the training division for this exact reason but I do not know for sure. If I hear anything I will let everyone know.
    Last edited by jfaz81; 02-01-2007 at 05:28 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

That shouldnt be a factor. Any how got a real good hint today from HR that CPAT is the way they are going. Wont go into detail but I really think its diehard. Also from another source i heard that they wont allow cards from last year, thats just rumor though.

MembersZone Subscriber

Heard through the rumor mill that cpat letters are going out this week. Anyone hear the same? Also I heard that the city signed a contract with the state to send 200+ through the test. Anybody hear anything else???

MembersZone Subscriber

I haven't heard anything but I'll make some phoine calls and let you know.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just called personell and they said we should recieve something within the next couple of weeks. I asked if it was going to be the CPAT and the guy said that he couldn't say, so I don't know if he was just clueless or if they are trying to keep it a secret. I have a contact that is supposed to get back to me soon with any info.

MembersZone Subscriber

Closing for CPAT apps is 2/21, with a scheduled test date of 4/28. I wonder if thats the date we should all be looking forward to. Can you imagine that the state is only going to run 4 tests all year round? Anyway, does anybody have any updated rumors? Gota keep this forum active.

Forum Member

Scotts, having only 4 is highly unlikely... They'll add tests as needed to deal with the applications they receive. The initial 4 was just to get started. Price has also increased...

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't know what the deal is but I do know that I'm gettin in that first session no matter what. If Hartford doesn't go with the CPAT then oh well I'm well prepared for whatever they have and if they do then I'm good to go. Not to mention it's something to fall back on if I don't get on in HTFD.

MembersZone Subscriber

check this site out. I think you guys will find it interesting

http://www.helplawlor.com/

MembersZone Subscriber

CPAT letters are on the way.....!!!!!!!!!! My roommate got his today for
    May 8th....

MembersZone Subscriber

is it Hartford sending the letter or did he actually sign up for the CPAT himself? Are we going to have to pay?

Thread Information