MembersZone Subscriber

I saw that thing from Pratt Middletown, and yes it was freakin cold. Matt I gota send you pics of our new rolling hotdog cart. They paid like 52g's for a cushman with this huge diamond plate box on it, and a trailer that is like 10' long all for the confined space and elevated stuff. It claims it all terrain, but we will see......I take that as a challenge.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey if you guys in MT don't use it may be will get it like the hand me downs from Cheshire. It is cool looking Mace showed me the picture the other day.

MembersZone Subscriber

They wont let us use it yet. Only the "chosen ones" can play. I cant wait till i sink that in the sandpits down here, all terrain my ***. LOL. 357 did you apply anywhere?

MembersZone Subscriber

Okay Mini Moose have fun with the cart, and I won't apply anywhere until the company finishes paying fro my masters degree and the I am heading south.

MembersZone Subscriber

Mini Moose? I have my teeth. Thats a good plan, although if you want to stay in the FF field then you will take a huge pay cut down there.

MembersZone Subscriber

I will be heading south with no debt. So hopefully money shouldn't be an issue.

MembersZone Subscriber

That works. Im not a fan of the south, I like the wild wild west. Arizona is my retirement state.

JFAZ, I still have no letter, God damn postal service.

MembersZone Subscriber

I would give personell a call if I were you. I got no letter inviting me to the written so I called about a week before. They said I was lucky I called when I did because according to them, they sent it out. Maybe it got lost in the mail or maybe I got missed in the pile, whatever the reason I would definitely call. You don't wanna miss your chance, ya know!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Now that I think of it you may want to call the Fire Academy as well because from what I gathered from personell they are doing all the leg work with this. I don't know what else you could do but good luck!

Leather Forever

Typical....Typical...............

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah i called the academy, during normal hours, but of course no answer at the womans desk so i left a message. Now that i did that it will prolly come tomm.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well just to let you know the first orientation is scheduled for Tuesday, March 13th at 0830. They know mail you a paper with the dates that you have to bring with you every time and get signed. If you don't hear anything by then I would just show up that day and see what they say, but I'm sure you'll find something out by then. If not then the second orientaion is 2 weeks later and the last test isn't until April 10th.

MembersZone Subscriber

I talked with a couple of people who have names that are late in the alphabet and they too didnt get theirs? I think they mailed it late.

MembersZone Subscriber

they mailed the last batch out on saturday..........love that state

MembersZone Subscriber

damn just about as bad as the city.

MembersZone Subscriber

Oh yeah so get this. On top of not getting it yet. (it should be here the day before the orientation wed. for me) They sent it to the wrong address. I called them to find out what happened and they claim that it never got changed, but yet i have emails from HR that confirms the change. Kinda funny eh?

MembersZone Subscriber

When is your orientation because mine is this morning, March 13th. Maybe they are running 2 tests?

MembersZone Subscriber

I went to the orientaion this morning and there were only about 20 people there. The guy said there were about 40 or so scheduled to be there so I'm thinking there must be a couple diferent dates for testing. Scott let me know how yours goes and what dates you have. Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

may 8,9,10 are the dates for HFD. my orientation is 3/14 at noon, test on may 10th. I still didnt get my packet.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Scott how many showed for the orientation? Sounds to me like they're running two a day for the City which would make better sense for the number of applicants left. At 40 per that would be 160 in 2 days and maybe running one on the 10th which makes it 200 which is about what I heard passed the Orals.

MembersZone Subscriber

I still didnt get my package so tommorow I have to call again. I didnt go. Its not required and i had some things to take care of. all i know is that there are 249 taking the test, and there are 3 shots to get it. Talk about spoon feeding it to "them".

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah it's a little ridiculous but some will still fail or not show up at all and I still think the end numbers will be between 100 & 150.

MembersZone Subscriber

I would love to see numbers like those.

MembersZone Subscriber

The packet finally came on Monday, only a few days late

MembersZone Subscriber

Where are all the other applicants on here. I know it can't be just Scott and I that are still interested in getting on the job in Hartford, although that would be fine with me.

If anyone else has been to a CPAT orientation for the City or has heard any other rumors let us know. Thanks.

Thread Information