Forum Member

Default Regional grant award

Has anyone been awarded a regional grant and if so what was your request for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Fire Departments in Marion County Illinois just received a regional grant for radio equipment.

Forum Member

congrats on the comm equipement.... what did you go for and what was total award amount?

Forum Member
    On the flatest land around! (In central Il.)

Also Champaign County in Illinois received a regional grant. It also was for communications. I don't know the exact figure of the grant though. I'll look it up later for ya.

K, I looked it up, the county got $519,408.00. This will be split up between all the departments here. The plan is to go from vhf to 800.
    Last edited by tfpd109; 11-20-2006 at 06:27 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

In Marion County the goal was to get everyone radio's that could handle narrow banding. We purchased mobile, portable, and base radio's along with pagers. The total grant was for $233,000.00

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Most regionals are for communications equipment but I did see one for SCBA also.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default regional award

We were fourth round winners of a regional grant for wildland PPE and radio equipment for twelve departments in our County. The whole package was for about $405k.

Forum Member

We got $925K for portable radios, P25, digital low band etc. 29 fire departments in total...We got it in Round 2...We also applied for $975K in mobile radios...No word yet...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by yulkster View Post
    We got $925K for portable radios, P25, digital low band etc. 29 fire departments in total...We got it in Round 2...We also applied for $975K in mobile radios...No word yet...
    I assume you mean this was for two different years?

Forum Member

same year another Dept was the host for mobiles we did the portables....

Forum Member

same year another Dept was the host for mobiles we did the portables....
    I'll be curious to see how that works out for you. Keep us updated. Brian, Kurt?

MembersZone Subscriber

PG:

In addition, the applicant must include a list of each of the participating organizations that will benefit from the regional project if the project is approved. These organizations, i.e., either fire departments or nonaffiliated EMS organizations, which will be the beneficiaries of the project, may also apply for funding under the AFG as long as they are not requesting the same items as the host applicant’s regional project. In the example where a host applicant is applying for a multi-jurisdictional communications project, a participating organization that will receive some of the communications equipment can apply for other needs as long as they do not apply for duplicative communications equipment. Host applicants MAY NOT apply for other needs beyond the regional project nor may a host applicant submit a second application for other, non-regional needs.
    Reading through the PG, I don't see any thing (my interpretation) that would prevent them from doing 2 regional grants. They have 2 different hosts and 2 different projects even though they are for communication equipment. One is for portables, the other for mobile radios. I don't really see any thing that violates the above clauses. Did they find a loop hole, maybe.

Time will tell. It will be interesting to see the outcome.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    PG:

Reading through the PG, I don't see any thing (my interpretation) that would prevent them from doing 2 regional grants. They have 2 different hosts and 2 different projects even though they are for communication equipment. One is for portables, the other for mobile radios. I don't really see any thing that violates the above clauses. Did they find a loop hole, maybe.

Time will tell. It will be interesting to see the outcome.
    You may be right but before I put the time and effort into that project I would run that question by an SME at firegrant support.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Default Regional Grant

We got our 10 Questions for mobile Radios.....This was a Regional Grant 22 fire departments partispated...So in one year we got new portables(grant 1) and mobiles(grant 2).... 2 different host agencies...... Our grant writter had checked with AFG prior to all his work in preparing 2 large regional grants. (our grant writter has over 70% success rate with AFG he is awesome) Many of you asked to be kept advised of the outcome. Good Luck!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default We almost got one

Got the questions and 1199 update on our app. (despite the Chip Plankehorn thing) so it looks like we are in line for our county wide grant. 500K for pagers, portables, mobiles, 4 bases with tone encoders (for redundancy) dispatch upgrades and interfaces, EOC mobile command trailer comm updates and interfaces to the 800mhz system in our state. I'm still a little shocky from seeing the 1199 updated and then the emailed questions.

bob
    I got your back

Forum Member

Default Regional Commo Grant

As as I posted yesterday on another thread...

"Received the 1199 update this morning for a 200K+ regional communications grant. Time to back away from the computer and do the happy dance!
    No more hourly checking...till next year."

Forum Member

1199 on 1-10-07 10q on 1-12-07
    regional communications grant $258,000

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Found out from a workshop attendee about their regional PPE 1199A that came through countywide PPE application, so definitely underscores the importance of talking to some of your neighbors about their needs.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Regional Mobile Radio grant

We got our 10 Questions for mobile Radios.....This was a Regional Grant 22 fire departments partispated...So in one year we got new portables(grant 1) and mobiles(grant 2).... 2 different host agencies...... Our grant writter had checked with AFG prior to all his work in preparing 2 large regional grants. (our grant writter has over 70% success rate with AFG he is awesome) Many of you asked to be kept advised of the outcome. Good Luck!!
    Yukster:

We're thinking of submitting a regional radio grant for 26 communities in the next grant round. Would you be willing to share some of your work with us poor New Englanders?

MembersZone Subscriber

aduniii, if you wil contact me offline, I can assist you. I have some large interoperable communicatons grants under my belt. Check my profile for email and wesbite.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

I realize that the grant is closed. Can anyone give me a site to find this grant as well as if this grant will be availbale next year. Thanks
    D.NELSON
    NREMTP,NAEMT, FF2
    Horry County Fire/Rescue
    Myrtle Beach, SC.
    FRATERNAL ORDER OF PARAMEDICS

MembersZone Subscriber

www.firegrantsupport.com

Also, Kurt (ktb9780) keeps a comprehensive list of creent offerings on his company site: www.chiefgrants.com

Hope this helps.

earl

Thread Information