Forum Member

Default Pennsylvania Grant Seminar

If anyone is intersted, My fire dpartment is going to host a grant writing Seminar on January 20 and 21st of 2007. I have been trying to find a seminar on the Northeast part of the US, but was unable to do so. So we decided to host one. If anyone is interested or wants more details, please email me from my profile. Stay Safe!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

Started to e-mail you then figured that this is a question that others may want to know the answer to:

Where are you located in Pennsylvania?

Tried looking on your profile and it is not listed....

Forum Member

This seminar will be held in the banquet hall of our fire department. This is the Alum Bank Community Fire Company in Alum Bank, PA 15521. We are located about 12 miles northwest of the Bedford,PA exit on the PA turnpike. We are about 30 miles south of Altoona and about 25 miles southeast of Johnstown. Let me know if you need any more information

Forum Member

What type of seminar is this? Who will be presenting?

Forum Member

It will be a grant seminar based around the fire service and the grants we are usually going for: AFG, Cedap, Fire prevention and Safety, etc. The presenter will be Kurt Bradley. Email me from my profile if you would like to receive information.

Forum Member

Some of you have requested information about this seminar, but I am getting failure notices back because your inbox is too full. Please trash some of your junk emails to receive the info. Also, I am noticing people that are close to each other showing interest in this seminar. You may want to start posting on this thread if you are planning on attending and your general location so carpolling may be established. Just trying to help all of you out. Thank you for the interests I have received so far. I look forward to meeting you.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Glad to see lots of folks interested in taking that extra step to get more knowledge about everything. Western PA is going to be a force to be reckoned with in 2007. Small world, I got invited to Westmoreland County this week for a trip in February. There's going to be lots of Pittsburgh area folks happy around these forums next year.

Which is good because they won't be from the Steelers efforts.

See I'm an Eagles fan, I learned years ago not to get my hopes up...

Forum Member

I am a TRUE BLACK and GOLD fan. Never count the Steelers out until it is mathematically impossible for them to do something, and even then be careful. I may get the opportunity to make the trip to Baltimore this weekend to see the game. Patiently waiting for the phone call. It kind of reminds me of this grant program stuff!!! Cant say anything bad about the Eagles now that TO is gone. I like the fact that they could possibly see each other in the big game some day.

Forum Member

Did anyone see those Cowboys today?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

That would be cool if you made the trip. It's fun going to away games. We went to Dallas a couple of years back to see the Eagles there. I think half the place was green.

I'm with you on tossing TO. He is one of those that it's nice to see come, but only stay for a little while before leaving. He stayed too long. He can play the game, but his numbers would be twice what they are now if he caught the ball with his big mouth. No one could defend against him then.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420
    Did anyone see those Cowboys today?
    Who are the Cowboys???? LOL. Sorry SLY. Just had to say it. If you come to our seminar, PLEASE do not wear a TO jersey. Any other player is fine, but please not a TO!!

Still no news on my tickets for Sunday at Baltimore. Would I qualify for Earls therapy on the other thread??

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Cowboys?! From a Chester County guy no less. Explains the blue trucks...

We're still celebrating the Texans beating the Cowboys in their 1st pro game ever. Of course not much has happened since then to celebrate over...

MembersZone Subscriber

Easy on those blue trucks.....

We really like those blue trucks from PA down here in MO!
    Can't beat the donations!

Heck, we even ordered a NEW truck that will be blue - from
    a PA manufacturer!

MembersZone Subscriber

Jeremy,
    I'm interested in going to the seminar. Get the information and let me know.

Forum Member

Wow. May have to talk to the chief about this. Even closer to home, about 4 1/2 hours. How's the nightlife out there in Alum Bank?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomcook18
    Jeremy,
    I'm interested in going to the seminar. Get the information and let me know.
    tomcook18, Email me from my public profile and I will send you the information if you need. Also, have Jeremy email me if he already hasn't so I may get the info to him also.

gmattox, If you have never been to Alum Bank, you do not know what you are missing. Not much night life here, but we usually travel to Altoona, Bedford, or Johnstown for the "nightlife". It all depends on what you like to do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301
    Easy on those blue trucks.....

We really like those blue trucks from PA down here in MO!
    Can't beat the donations!
    Whoa! Do you have one of our old trucks?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420
    Whoa! Do you have one of our old trucks?
    Many Fire Departments down here in our area exist today because of the kindness of departments like Grapeville, North Braddock, Elgin Beaverdam,
    and others in PA and NJ, and their donations of yellow, blue, red trucks!

Not to mention Airpacks, AED's, etc...

One of the reasons we let Fire Departments on our radio
    towers for their repeaters at no cost...

Forum Member

I forgot to mention on the nightlife issue that our fire hall is located about 10 miles from Blue Knob if any of you are interested in skiing after the saturday afternoon seminar.

Forum Member

Kelly,

Just FYI Commissioner Mann forwarded your grant seminar flyer to everyone on his mailing list...so lot's of PA companies received it today.

Forum Member

Thank you for that information SLY. I emailed most of the Pennsylvania EMA directors and Commissioner Mann with the information about the seminar and ask them to forward it to anyone that may be interested. Timing is going to be crucial because the seating is limited and will be on a first come first served basis. Just so you guys on the forum know, I told you all about it first!! Also, for those people that are planning on attending, I have a list of hotels, motels, and bed-and-breakfasts that offer housing. There is a small motel beside our firehall, but I do not know what it will cost. I hear it is not real fancy, but is kept clean. If you want the rest of the list, drop me an email. Thanks again SLY. Hope to meet you in January!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by imafireman
    Thank you for that information SLY. I emailed most of the Pennsylvania EMA directors and Commissioner Mann with the information about the seminar and ask them to forward it to anyone that may be interested. Timing is going to be crucial because the seating is limited and will be on a first come first served basis. Just so you guys on the forum know, I told you all about it first!! Also, for those people that are planning on attending, I have a list of hotels, motels, and bed-and-breakfasts that offer housing. There is a small motel beside our firehall, but I do not know what it will cost. I hear it is not real fancy, but is kept clean. If you want the rest of the list, drop me an email. Thanks again SLY. Hope to meet you in January!!
    I gues you had better send me that list Kelly. Tell me which one has Internet access though, gotta have that while I'm there.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780
    I gues you had better send me that list Kelly. Tell me which one has Internet access though, gotta have that while I'm there.
    Yea, I'm with Kurt. I live and die by my internet connection. Now I just have to wait for this months meeting to get the thing approved...

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I thinking that I'll have to end up with the Verizon broadband card myself. Looks like I'll be on the road from Jan 6 - March 11. At least the weekends if I don't end up with a bunch of weeknight dates too. Buddy of mine has the Verizon card and swears by it. Anywhere the phone words the card works. He's been a few places where dial-up wasn't even available and was surfing along. Kinda proud at $60 a month, but if you live off of it then well worth it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780
    While I agree on the necessity of the internet connection, just tell me the closest one to the best local bar. I'm ready to book.

Thread Information