Forum Member

Default Pierce Velocity & Impel

Any information on the 2007 Pierce Velocity & Impel chassis cabs, Did Pierce start production of the new chassis yet. If so did any fire department place orders or take delivery of a new 2007 engine,aerial, rescue, tanker, etc. !...
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 09-04-2007 at 08:03 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

We signed a contract on a Rear Mount Rescue Pumper on a Velocity Chassis Oct 30. Several orders had been placed for Velocity chassis' prior to our contract, we received our build number and tentative delivery date of Aug 07, however their are still several variables to this date. Per the contract for a Velocity, you are looking at a possible 360 days or longer for delivery. I couldn't imagine you seeing any production trucks (less any demos) hitting the streets before late July, however that is just my opinion. I do believe engine choice will somewhat play a factor in the delivery dates.

Forum Member

Talking Pierce

Off track a bit, but we are getting an Enforcer Rear Mount in January, chassis start is Dec 13
    YAY

Forum Member

Cool spartan still tops in cabs

we chose this spartan diamond for many reasons. aluminum exstrusion cab,96" wide cab. superior overhead a/c, low engine tunnel and flat floor desing, 10 inch raised roof over driver and officer. low cab entry steps, engine fluid checks in the front of the cab.

spartan chose to cover a lot of the things pierce is doing now three years ago.

dont get caught up with cub holders and cell phone pockets.

we didnt drink the coolaid.

later
    Last edited by Station25C1; 08-03-2008 at 05:53 PM.

Forum Member

The Spartan Diamond is a nice looking chassis but it is only available with a 400 hp engine & 3000 EVS trans. Who is your apparatus " builder " ?

MembersZone Subscriber

My dept is in the process of getting the spec together for our new engine. We are considering the Velocity/Impel chassis and the E-One Cyclone II chassis.

Some Guy

dont get caught up with cub holders and cell phone pockets.

we didnt drink the coolaid.

I would drink that coolaid. I hate it when I just sit down for coffee in the morning and then off and running. It seems to happen a lot.
    This space for rent

Forum Member

Default spartan cabs

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyFFII
    The Spartan Diamond is a nice looking chassis but it is only available with a 400 hp engine & 3000 EVS trans. Who is your apparatus " builder " ?

the truck is being built at Marion.
    Last edited by Station25C1; 08-03-2008 at 05:53 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

And your post about buying a Spartan relates to the topic starters thread HOW? Each thread here would be so much more beneficial and informational, if users, ESPECIALLY "Guests" would post related information in appropriate threads only. I need a cup of coffee, and I don't even drink coffer.

It looks hot in there

I think our new rescue is coming on the Velocity chassis, one of our guys works for pierce, so I think we are getting one of the first...It could be just another quantum though. They look similar on the blueprints.

Forum Member

Default spartan cabs

Quote Originally Posted by todd3603
    And your post about buying a Spartan relates to the topic starters thread HOW? Each thread here would be so much more beneficial and informational, if users, ESPECIALLY "Guests" would post related information in appropriate threads only. I need a cup of coffee, and I don't even drink coffer.

I dont understand thread is on pierce cabs i simply pointed out what we bought and why.

I think its nice to here waht else is out thier and why someone bought it. maybe you could tell me what makes the new velocity so great considering it hasent been field tested yet.

Forum Member

Smile " What No Pierce "

Quote Originally Posted by Station25C1
    the truck is being built at Marion.
    Marion fire apparatus builds a very good apparatus , do you know how much your rig is going to cost!... Good Luck With your new Truck !....

Forum Member

Default cost of truck

the truck was over 395,000 its what we would call a agressve engine.

MembersZone Subscriber

My point is, here is the thread topic:

Any information on the 2007 Pierce Velocity & Impel chassis cabs, Did Pierce start production of the new chassis yet. If so did any fire department place orders or take delivery of a new 2007 engine,aerial, rescue, tanker, etc. !...

This was not a discussion about we are buying a X type rig, what do think of brand X? It was, according to original thread, a post about information on the Pierce Velocity and Impel and their production status. I make this point, because everytime a thread is started someone has to "Brand Bash". This thread should have contained pertinent information about the Pierce Velocity/Impel, not your Spartan. Their are many appropriate threads on that very subject.

My problem is that you can't carry on an adult, educated conversation on this forum without someone having to throw in jabs about something not relevant. I am all for buying what works for you, if a Marion body built on a Spartan chassis works for you, then great. However, in my twenty years in the fire service we have bought Pierce, been happy with their quality and service, and plan on continuing those purchases, however again, that is what works for us, nobody else.

Just every thread is ten times as long as they should be, and you have to read page after page of information that isn'r relative to the subject at hand. I use this forum only to ask questions and research certain subjects, not fly the Pierce flag. I don't jump in on discussions about E-One, Rosenbauer, Ferrara, ect. and state how great Pierce is, if they want a Pierce they will buy it, if they don't, they will buy what works for them, and that is fine with me.

But you look at your last post to me:

maybe you could tell me what makes the new velocity so great considering it hasent been field tested yet.

This is not relevant to any information requested by the thread starter and also doesn't respond to any information I posted in this thread. This is simply trying to pick a fight about my truck is better than your truck, which as you can tell by the hundred of apparatus posts here, gets everyone no where. However it seems that you can no longer just have a thread about a topic without someone, ususally someone who doesn't take the time to register and signs in as a guest, to try and hijack a thread and send it down the path to being long, useless arguements where no valuable information can be obtained because of the topics number of posts.

I hope you have wonderful luck with your Spartan as I have had with my previous and future Pierce Purchases. NewJersey, sorry for venting on your thread, just tired of this forum continually being abused by trolls.

Forum Member

Smile My Favorite

I like chocolate chip cookies better than oatmeal, but my brother really like double fudge oreos. We fight about it alot, but at the end of the day, I know I'm right.

By the way - American LaFrance RULES!

sorry - I couldn't resist

Forum Member

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by canuck1
    I like chocolate chip cookies better than oatmeal, but my brother really like double fudge oreos. We fight about it alot, but at the end of the day, I know I'm right.

By the way - American LaFrance RULES!

sorry - I couldn't resist

i guess canadians arent that bad anyway.

good post

later i have to go look for trolls.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Station25C1
    I dont understand thread is on pierce cabs i simply pointed out what we bought and why.

I think its nice to here waht else is out thier and why someone bought it. maybe you could tell me what makes the new velocity so great considering it hasent been field tested yet.
    he has a point the thread didnt want to know if you liked them or not just wanted to know if anyone has ordered them yet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by todd3603
    My point is, here is the thread topic:

This was not a discussion about we are buying a X type rig, what do think of brand X? It was, according to original thread, a post about information on the Pierce Velocity and Impel and their production status. I make this point, because everytime a thread is started someone has to "Brand Bash". This thread should have contained pertinent information about the Pierce Velocity/Impel, not your Spartan. Their are many appropriate threads on that very subject.

My problem is that you can't carry on an adult, educated conversation on this forum without someone having to throw in jabs about something not relevant. I am all for buying what works for you, if a Marion body built on a Spartan chassis works for you, then great. However, in my twenty years in the fire service we have bought Pierce, been happy with their quality and service, and plan on continuing those purchases, however again, that is what works for us, nobody else.

Just every thread is ten times as long as they should be, and you have to read page after page of information that isn'r relative to the subject at hand. I use this forum only to ask questions and research certain subjects, not fly the Pierce flag. I don't jump in on discussions about E-One, Rosenbauer, Ferrara, ect. and state how great Pierce is, if they want a Pierce they will buy it, if they don't, they will buy what works for them, and that is fine with me.

But you look at your last post to me:

maybe you could tell me what makes the new velocity so great considering it hasent been field tested yet.

This is not relevant to any information requested by the thread starter and also doesn't respond to any information I posted in this thread. This is simply trying to pick a fight about my truck is better than your truck, which as you can tell by the hundred of apparatus posts here, gets everyone no where. However it seems that you can no longer just have a thread about a topic without someone, ususally someone who doesn't take the time to register and signs in as a guest, to try and hijack a thread and send it down the path to being long, useless arguements where no valuable information can be obtained because of the topics number of posts.

I hope you have wonderful luck with your Spartan as I have had with my previous and future Pierce Purchases. NewJersey, sorry for venting on your thread, just tired of this forum continually being abused by trolls.

good point though continue on.

Forum Member

Smile Pierce Mfg.

Pierce Mfg. Has 47% of the new Fire Apparatus market
    "they must be doing something right"

Forum Member

Question

When will Pierce fire apparatus stop building the ( Dash , Enforcer, Saber ) or is the new 2007 EPA engine instalation the deciding factor when they run out of stock 2006 motors?

MembersZone Subscriber

You are absolutely correct, when the 2006 engines are gone, so are those Chassis'. From what I understand, Pierce had quite a large reserve of 2006 engines. As late as early September, you could for sure still place your order with a 2006 engine, and I am sure probably for a while still. We spec'd a cat engine, and as of early September, their was still a decent selection of the larger HP motors. However if your order the Velocity or Impel, you must select a 2007 engine. I know of one other local dept. in process, and they are still able to buy a Dash with an 06' engine if they desire, not sure which engine though.

Forum Member

when we was at the plant end of october, they told us about 4 more weeks when they stop production on dash, enforcer and saber. 2 weeks ago they us they had no more detroits. I would just guess and say the there may be little to none on the 06 from pierce.

Forum Member

NJII- Pierce will stop building the Dash, Enforcer and Lance sometime in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2007.

If you are actually asking when they will stop taking orders for these same chassis that will be when the 2006 engines run out.

Forum Member

we should find out in the next day or 2. We vote today and Im sure it will be a pierce.

Forum Member

Default question

Quote Originally Posted by sven73
    NJII- Pierce will stop building the Dash, Enforcer and Lance sometime in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2007.

If you are actually asking when they will stop taking orders for these same chassis that will be when the 2006 engines run out.

I had thought that the last 2006 engine any manufacturer could install would be December 30-31 2006?????

Thread Information