Thread: Blue Light

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Blue Light

I'm looking for a new good blue light for my 2001 Mustang i have looked at galls.com i dont really know which blue light is good im a First Responder/Firefighter any help would be appreciated

Chad

Forum Member

I have heard that K-Mart has a lot of "blue light specials"....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Master Firefighter

Before you get slammed for the post try and do a search. Its not that we dont like hearing about of helping out with blue light selection it is just that it has been brought up so many times that just seeing the words makes some people go insane. This then leads to people posting who want to call you a whacker and start bashing you for not using the search feature. Any questions you have you can pm me and I will try and answer them the best I can.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo
    I have heard that K-Mart has a lot of "blue light specials"....
    Thanks Cap, needed a good chuckle first thing this morn. We have financial auditors "visiting" us for the remainder of the week, and they just came in the office about an hour ago......
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Hook & Can

Last edited by Nine3Probie; 07-28-2013 at 06:14 PM.

simsfireR14
    Firehouse.com Guest

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7
    Thanks Cap, needed a good chuckle first thing this morn. We have financial auditors "visiting" us for the remainder of the week, and they just came in the office about an hour ago......

Why does the movie "Office Space" come to mind?

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.

I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

MembersZone Subscriber

Here we go again !

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by simsfireR14
    Try there. They've got lots of people that do that kind of stuff as a profession...

Stay away from Galls.... Order through a dealer online. If you just need a basic dashlight, look for something like a "DashMiser"... You could also spring the $$$ and go with a "Talon" or "Dual Talon"...
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

MembersZone Subscriber

Does it really matter what type and year of car you drive?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ehs7554
    Does it really matter what type and year of car you drive?
    But of course it does, do you know nothing about blue lights. The type and year could dictate alternator/battery size and go along way to determining whether the light will rotate the car or the car rotate the light! I'll forgive you cause its Monday! Geez!

MembersZone Subscriber

Considering the general lack of respect for rules of road, and yielding to emergency traffic running at Code 3 that most drivers "exercise" around here, I dont see how putting any coloured lights on a private vehicle is going to make you get to where ever it is you're trying to go any faster. Or any easier for that matter. About all coloured lights on a private vehicle are good for is hooking up your stereo to them, and hosting a tailgate party or something like that. Or maybe to try and impress the local girls?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

IACOJ BOD

I used to have two white lights in the front of my 4x4, but I took them out after reading all the posts here saying I don't need them.

Driving is so much more fun now.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I apologize for the post i made a mistake thanks for all the smart *** replies and the ones that did reply thanks

Chad

Forum Member

I must respectfully disagree with some of my respected colleges here. There are definite advantages to using a blue light in some areas and circumstances. I live in a rural area and we are allowed to use blue lights and sirens in our POVs. Our local population is well accustomed to our use of the blue lights and are very good at yielding the right of way. So blue light use in our area does help response time. BUT!! I am a huge advocate of smart use and non-whacker display of such lights. As an example; if I know that I am not going to make the first out units and that I am going to be responding to stage at the station then I do not use my light. If it is 2AM and I know that there will be minimal traffic, I donít use my light. IMO not every call requires a blue light, as a matter of fact I probably only use my light on %10 of our calls. Use common sense; improper use of the blue lights do nothing but endanger yourself and the public, not to mention the fact that it makes you look like an idiot. Now on to the non-whacker display of the lights, I use a single rotating blue light with a cheap Code 3 siren. When someoneís POV looks like a Christmas tree on wheels I tend to laugh loudly at them and thank them for joining a dept other then mine.

PKFPD
    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

MembersZone Subscriber

Only thing I have used a blue light for in the last 10 years is to make sure my truck's visible when it's sitting in traffic. Haven't had one for about 5 years. Augments the hazard lights is all. Even if I'm 10 miles away, I'm not going to make up that much more time by running a blue light, plus I don't have people complaining about me.

I actually try to talk my guys out of blue lights. I get more complaints that I can count about guys running them doing stupid crap who aren't even on my department, but the complainant thinks they are. It's nice to be able to say it's not my guys.

Forum Member

Whats a blue light? Thats that thing at K-Mart, right?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Permanently Removed

Well....It has been a long time since the "blue light" question. So like all things, it was due to come around. The poor guy got his due. It was an honest first time question, so I guess we can cut him a little slack.

Forum Member

abuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Blue lights are for the po-po anyways..Get with the program..

MembersZone Subscriber

My last unit was in a very rural area, with about 10 or 15 miles of highway up the middle of it. The only place where the blue light "might" have been of use is in the trailer park where I lived, and nearly all our guys lived there too. Besides that, the big air raid siren that goes off each time a page comes out does a better job of clearing the park roads than any blue, red, yellow or pink light (for that matter) ever would. As for being on the highway itself, I found that just flashing hi-low beams works a lot better, although I only used that maybe twice or three times in 5 years.

MembersZone Subscriber

Blue Lights are not allowed here !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BrianHFDLT
    Blue Lights are not allowed here !
    NO Blue Light Specials in your neighbourhood? LOL But ya know, I'd rather have a Blue Light than a BUD Light. (and I don't even like LABBATS products heehehehehe)

MembersZone Subscriber

Blue light , Bud light, just read another thread talking about Black and Tan......... Kind of thirsty now. What was the original question??

MembersZone Subscriber

I found some blue lights that may work for you

Thread Information