Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default PRices

My FD is in the process of short listing manufacturers for a rescue pumper after my RFP closed. The cheapest was ALF but they did not come close to our requirements. However in order from cheapest to most expensive that we received were Rosenbauer, Elite, KME, Smeal, Fererra, Ft.Garry ( CDN company ), Dependable ( CDN company ), Seagrave. From lowest to highest the spread was $ 130,000.00.

Quote Originally Posted by MurphysFireKC View Post
    Hey eng19ine,

You ever go to Stella Blue? My cousin Peggy owns it.
    Yes many times to graciously sweep young intoxicated females onto my stretcher. I have met her before. Small world.
    Firefighter II/EMT-Intermediate, ECFR, NC

"I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but who we know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. Under the impulse of such thoughts, the nobility of the occupation thrills us and stimulates us to deeds of daring, even of supreme sacrifice."
    Chief Edward F. Crocker, FDNY

Member IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Here is what may be a useful link. LA contract option pricing list from Pierce. Other brands if you search on the LA web site.

Pierce
    http://doa.louisiana.gov/osp/contrac...istoptions.pdf

Ferrara

http://doa.louisiana.gov/osp/contrac...peroptions.pdf
    Last edited by neiowa; 07-19-2007 at 01:31 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    Here is what may be a useful link. LA contract option pricing list from Pierce. Other brands if you search on the LA web site.

Pierce
    http://doa.louisiana.gov/osp/contrac...istoptions.pdf

Ferrara

http://doa.louisiana.gov/osp/contrac...peroptions.pdf
    Very good information listed on apparatus options, do you have a web site with the base fire apparatus listed ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
    Very good information listed on apparatus options, do you have a web site with the base fire apparatus listed ?
    I plowed around a bit and got to
    http://doa.louisiana.gov/osp/osp.htm

Then searched on fire

Some thing useful does come out of LA.

HGAC also has contract pricing info listed but I've never seen option pricing there. Though many of the installed prices (for Ferrara at least) look VERY high to. But something to use for a planning tool.

Forum Member

Default New truck

All - I can send the drawing of the truck that is being built on a commercial chassis - we spec. it out to our needs and is nicely priced. Ask and you will receive.

Forum Member

I plowed around a bit and got to
    http://doa.louisiana.gov/osp/osp.htm

Then searched on fire

Some thing useful does come out of LA.

HGAC also has contract pricing info listed but I've never seen option pricing there. Though many of the installed prices (for Ferrara at least) look VERY high to. But something to use for a planning tool.
    The state of Pa, has a good web site for apparatus pricing: Costars-13

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
    The state of Pa, has a good web site for apparatus pricing: Costars-13
    Thanks found it.

http://www.dgs.state.pa.us/costarsre.../costars13.pdf

Forum Member

Post Program Apparatus

You can still purchase a quality apparatus without spending a ton of money by looking into a " Program truck " like this Ferrara Intruder 2 aerial ladder, the cost of this unit is in the range of $ 424,000 !....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

On our latest rescue/engine being built now, the only serious competitors where E-One, Ferrara, Crimson and General. General got the rig with the range on pricing being about $50,000.00 total from lowest to highest.

It came down to spec for us. Who stuck to ours and who wanted to "change" things and make it "better" because it worked better for them.

Our total spec was about 60 pages long with a final price of about $530,000.00.

All 4 specs were impressive and the rigs, if built, would have been very impressive.

On our previous rescue/quint the only serious contendors were Pierce and E-One. Needless to say Pierce was on the high end of the 2 and was thrown out immediately due to not offering a mid-mount boom device with a standard pumper style hosebed.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by STATION2 View Post
    On our latest rescue/engine being built now, the only serious competitors where E-One, Ferrara, Crimson and General. General got the rig with the range on pricing being about $50,000.00 total from lowest to highest.

It came down to spec for us. Who stuck to ours and who wanted to "change" things and make it "better" because it worked better for them.

Our total spec was about 60 pages long with a final price of about $530,000.00.

All 4 specs were impressive and the rigs, if built, would have been very impressive.

On our previous rescue/quint the only serious contendors were Pierce and E-One. Needless to say Pierce was on the high end of the 2 and was thrown out immediately due to not offering a mid-mount boom device with a standard pumper style hosebed.
    Most custom built to spec rescue/pumpers are costing $ 450,000 -$ 550,000 fully loaded up with options!... That will take some smaller departments 10-15 years to pay off a loan or lease .

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Pricing Hierarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Captain112 View Post
    My FD is in the process of short listing manufacturers for a rescue pumper after my RFP closed. The cheapest was ALF but they did not come close to our requirements. However in order from cheapest to most expensive that we received were Rosenbauer, Elite, KME, Smeal, Fererra, Ft.Garry ( CDN company ), Dependable ( CDN company ), Seagrave. From lowest to highest the spread was $ 130,000.00.
    Do a spread sheet of all the bids and use a scoring system so that you get truly the lowest "responsive" bidder that's closest to meeting the spec's and then look at price. I've seen some of these competitor's say YES to everything and be low BUT when you go through their proposal spec's they aren't even close to being responsive and then they had in the caviet that"their spec's prevail" NOT yours.. SO C.Y.A and do your homework before awarding.

Curious as to where your located? State/Province based on the bidders you list.

Forum Member

Default Ontario

John, it's Ben from Pelham, Ont. The Smeal proposal Brian submitted was dead on. Chief has taken full control of who he is going to short list. All that was required of myself was to evaluate the bids submitted.

MembersZone Subscriber

I stand corrected. The final price, after some minor chages, was $472,000.00 for the rig itself, another $82,000.00 for capital equipment and another $19,000.00 for small tools and equipment.Total being $573,000.00 give or take.

This is the rig turn key from beginning to end with all necessary tool mounting, graphics, radio installation, etc.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

MembersZone Subscriber

Assuming like body design. Is the pricing hierachy generally (from lowest to highest) Galvannealed/steel, formed Al, Extruded frame Al, SS.

Where is poly body?

Forum Member

Post Wow ! $$

The Lenola Vol Fire Co. Moorestown Twp, Burlington County, N.J. has taken delivery of a 2007 pierce Dash 95' MM platform , Raised roof, 2000Gpm pump, No tank, roll up dooors, Gen ,the cost was approx $ 951,000 !....
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 08-28-2007 at 05:11 PM.

Forum Member

Wow $$ Pierce saw these koolaid drinkers coming... They just paid about $100,000 for Pierce to fund thier marketing department.

Forum Member

For $657,262.00(CDN) this is what we get from E-One.

Cyclone II
    HP 100
    Detroit Series 60 515 HP
    Truck company body
    EMS cabinet in cab,passenger side ext. access
    too many things to mention...

Many custom features that even Pierce would not do.

The total number of ladders trucks on order ? Thirty !
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Forum Member

Assuming like body design. Is the pricing hierachy generally (from lowest to highest) Galvannealed/steel, formed Al, Extruded frame Al, SS.

Where is poly body?
    Poly and SS are about the same.
    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Price of Montreal Aerial

Nice chevron striping on the rear. You guys are already compliant in 2007 with the proposed 2009 NFPA1901 standard. That's being ahead of the curve.
    You guys must have some forward thinking people on your apparatus team. Congradulations!

Thread Information