Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Main page pop-ups

Enough with the embedded pop-ups. Everytime I hit the main page the dang Hummer add comes up. To get rid of it you have to click a very small portion of the add, otherwise you get redirected. I know you have to pay the bills, but that is just annoying.

Rant over.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just emailed Firehouse about how annoying it is. Also told them I'm not intereted in the HUMMER.

R.I.P K.Apuzzio 4/11/06 Fargo2722's Avatar

Default This sucks

As if there isn't enough AD space on the site, the pop up on the main page is ridiculous. Since it comes in slow I just clicked through 3 times to the hummer page instead of the article i wanted to read. PLease PLease please get rid of this ad. put it elsewhere or at least make it a separate window. It really sucks.

Guys, GET FIREFOX and stop using Internet Explorer. I have not loaded, looked at, or seen a firehouse.com ad banner or pop-up in years. You can't believe how much faster this site loads when it doesn't have to load 25 animated ads and popups.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

What are these pop-up ads you speak of?

nmfire is right again. Firefox is the path to a more enjoyable Internet experience. I only use IE to run updates from Microsoft (required to use Active X on the site).
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

The last few times this has come up, the webteam has removed my posts since it is their revenue. But since they disappear for weeks on end, I'm not too worried.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Weeks? *snorts in disbelief* More like furckin' months, man. And it is getting far beyond annoying the ***** out of me. (The webteam, that is)

Sorry, was just passing through, seeing if the Webteam had been by. Before I go post another rant about not being able to start a thread. I have at least 2 or 3 threads (all fire related, no fluff) I'd like to post. *sigh*

Come on FIREHOUSE ... when are you going to get it together?
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

I've been using Firefox for a long time, and I must say, even that damnned Hummer ad seems to get through. I don't care for all the flashy ads (but I also recognize the need to pay for such things at this site, staff, etc), but that Hummer has me about ready to say heck with the front page.

Administrator

We're not even going to respond to a message with profanity. Really. Totally uncalled for.

The Hummer ad should only show up once. If it is showing up more for you, please PM us your browser type and how often its appearing today.

Separately, we've been working very hard on upgrading the forums to resolve the login issues and posting issues. This should be done soon.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Hahaha. I've read this whole thread several times and I fail to see this alleged profanity. If you are going to ignore everyone's complaints and problems like normal, you could at least come up with an excuse that isn't total bull. Although I must say, the mere fact that anyone from the "webteam" replied at all is a miracle.

Anyone else find it ironic that they jump right on this thread when it involves their revenue but all the other problems that have been going on for years remain unsolved?

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire
    Hahaha. I've read this whole thread several times and I fail to see this alleged profanity. If you are going to ignore everyone's complaints and problems like normal, you could at least come up with an excuse that isn't total bull. Although I must say, the mere fact that anyone from the "webteam" replied at all is a miracle.

Anyone else find it ironic that they jump right on this thread when it involves their revenue but all the other problems that have been going on for years remain unsolved?
    It was me, nmfire. Oh well
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

I get the hummer ad every time I hit the main page. Can't even close it out half the time, gets redirected to the hummer ad. Im running firefox here, not sure what version.

MembersZone Subscriber

IF you are using firefox then this extension will block the ads and allow you to choose other images to block.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1865/

plus turn your pop up blocker on.

Thread Information