Truckie

Default Sure cure for the telemarketer.

My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

ROFLOL!! Ouch!! Ohhhh man that was some funny stuff!!!!

PKFPD
    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Forum Member

Talking

Just too good. I will have to remember that one when the next seller calls.I have at times answered the phone with Police dept. or Fire dept. which usually results in a quick hangup.

MembersZone Subscriber

ummmm sorry but your a little late....

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...t=telemarketer
    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Yup!!...............

I'm a telemarketer basher, first class. And that was absolutely hilarious. Telemarketers never expect a sharp comedown from an "Older" lady, but my late mother was really good at it. Mom would answer the phone and listen to the startup remarks, then cut it off with: (Mom) "Can you give me your home phone number? I'd like to discuss this, but I can't talk business right now." Invariably the TM's response would be "Oh, I never do business from home" to which Mom would reply "Well, I don't either" as she slammed the phone down. If I see a TM on the caller ID on my phone, I usually answer it with something like "Command Post, Major Martin". This will usually cause the TM to hang up, but a few will start saying something, and my best Parris Island Drill Instructor attitude shifts into gear. They never call back.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Truckie

ummmm sorry but your a little late
    Hard to keep a good joke down!
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods
    If I see a TM on the caller ID on my phone, I usually answer it with something like "Command Post, Major Martin". This will usually cause the TM to hang up, but a few will start saying something, and my best Parris Island Drill Instructor attitude shifts into gear. They never call back.
    Heh, i do the same thing. "Missile Silo, please state your target".... click.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Tom Mabes CD's are hillarious.
    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Forum Member

Funny stuff...But I find a "cure" for them years ago. Its called an answering machine.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire
    "Quarterdeck USS MahanthisisanonsecurelineMessengerofthewatchspeaki ng,How can I help you,Sir"is the Navy way of doing that.
    My Mom handles TMs when she's not in the mood for them is to do her old lady routine"Oh,I am so glad that you called,my arthritis is acting up and neither of my sons or my daughters will come from their fine expensive houses to help their own Mother,can you imagine that?...."

Forum Member

Whangaparaoa Peninsular North Island New Zealand

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire
    "Crows nest-Duty crow squawking-sod all to report"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2andfrom
    "Crows nest-Duty crow squawking-sod all to report"
    The forward lookout post on the 0-5 deck,just above the bridge also had a phone as it also served as a secondary conning station in my ship.
    Sometimes,we'd call down to the galley while at sea and inform one of the mess cranks(E-3 and below assigned to the galley when first reporting aboard)that they had an outside phone call on the bridge.
    Soon enough,the Officer of the Deck would come up for a visit and as the one on my watch was a CWO4/former Chief,the conversation did not involve asking"Howzeyer Mom-n-em?"but a discussion on the use of telephones while on watch.
    The there was the time I was BT(boiler tech)and during a slow watch,the BTOW started getting this look in his eye and turned to the growler phone which he started cranking on while truning the station selector dial.He then cut in the speaker so we could hear people answering"Main control","Two Fire",Number 2 Engine room","After steering"and one tired voice"Yeah,ChEng(Chief Engineer) here".People started accusing others"I didn't call you,you called me"and no one noticed that a certain fireroom was not involved in the conversation.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Memories, Memories..............

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson
    The there was the time I was BT(boiler tech)and during a slow watch,the BTOW started getting this look in his eye and turned to the growler phone which he started cranking on while truning the station selector dial.He then cut in the speaker so we could hear people answering"Main control","Two Fire",Number 2 Engine room","After steering"and one tired voice"Yeah,ChEng(Chief Engineer) here".People started accusing others"I didn't call you,you called me"and no one noticed that a certain fireroom was not involved in the conversation.

Doug, I can relate to that! In the 70's our station had a number of Phones with a row of buttons across the bottom, one for each line, and one "Hold" button. Someone, I have no idea who, found that if you pushed two buttons down at the same time, it would tie the lines together. Tha gag would work like this - I would call a phone number on one phone. Someone else would place a call on another phone. When both phones rang (on the other end) I'd jam both buttons down, and someone would answer the phones, and be talking to each other. We called two local Pizza shops one day, and in less than a minute, had two pizza shop owners arguing over who called who. I called my wife and my mother-in-law once. They figured it out in a couple of minutes.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

When both phones rang (on the other end) I'd jam both buttons down, and someone would answer the phones, and be talking to each other. We called two local Pizza shops one day, and in less than a minute, had two pizza shop owners arguing over who called who.
    *LMAO* that's classic...

Forum Member

I just hand the phone off to 2 1/2 year old Mini Murph

Andy

Thread Information