Thread: owner

owner

Smile owner

Good afternoon everyone. I am a 55 year young been there done that. And if I could do it again I would. Former volunteer from southern Indiana, now living in north central Indiana. Firefighting has always been a passion with me. I own a wrecker buisness in my region and occaisionally do a job with the police and fire depts. Yes I miss it , but I have a idea to buy a used fire truck to have around. You know, like for good samaritan things.
    Dont take me too seriously. Just to say hi and y'all be careful out there, ya hear?

Forum Member

What kind of good samaritan things are you talking about? good luck either way and welcome to the board, i'm new myself.

Forum Member

Welcome to the site... Enjoy

owner

Smile owner

Quote Originally Posted by BMAIGM
    What kind of good samaritan things are you talking about? good luck either way and welcome to the board, i'm new myself.
    I am still learning the format of the forum, so forgive the mistakes . Since I left the FF-ing, I have always wanted to get back in it in some form. So the next best thing I thought of was to buy a fire truck and if I heard of a fire , go on out and do what I could. That may sound like something pretty stupid. But take that a little farther and start a "private" fire department. Now with just the idea of that I am still searching out the legalities and funding. I know its been tried before but I can't remember when and where. By the way, in the area I live we don't have a fire department close. We do get protection from surrounding towns but of course the response times are a little high. Thanks for callin' .

Forum Member

Question

Wow, that is definately something i have never heard of. not sure of the legal issues or union issues with iaff, but......best of luck.

Thread Information