Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Explorer SOP/SOG's

I was wondering if anyone had a set of SOP/SOG's for Explorers that they wouldn't mind sharing. We just got our post up and running, and I'm updating our department's SOG's anyway, so I find myself in the situation of either a)having to create them from scratch, or b) finding a template. I'm sure you understand that a template will be much less time consuming.

I did a search and couldn't find anything posted as far as links or anything fairly recent.

Thanks!

Forum Member

Search harder. There's one there. I found it in 2 seconds.

I'll give ya a hint: go to search and try advanced search, then in the scroll box, go to Explorer/Jr. FF Forums, then up in keywords, type SOGs.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326
    Search harder. There's one there. I found it in 2 seconds.

I'll give ya a hint: go to search and try advanced search, then in the scroll box, go to Explorer/Jr. FF Forums, then up in keywords, type SOGs.
    OK slick, find me one that's been posted within the last year. I've been on this site since 2000, I think I know how to use the search engine and find stuff. I'm looking for something more recent.

The only topic dedicated to SOG/SOPs is one from 2002, with all but one of those who posted having no activity since '04. The most recent activity was March of this year.

Forum Member

So I don't know what I'm talking about? WRONG.
    Copy and paste this into your address bar:
    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=68573
    (Sorry, I'm a "rookie" here, don't know how to put in link tags)
    Posted: 04-02-2005, 07:48 PM
    Last: 10-30-2006, 09:21 AM

Who’s Slick now?

Forum Member

So I don't know what I'm talking about? WRONG.
    Copy and paste this into your address bar:
    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=68573
    (Sorry, I'm a "rookie" here, don't know how to put in link tags)
    Posted: 04-02-2005, 07:48 PM
    Last: 10-30-2006, 09:21 AM

Who’s Slick now?
    Oops. Didn't know it worked that way. You don't have to copy and paste obviously.

MembersZone Subscriber

OK, for clarification, I'm trying to find a good, complete set of guidelines for Explorers. What they can/can't do, qualifications, ranks, etc. Not really looking for a synopsis of someone's guidelines in another post or a single-page guideline. What I'm looking for is a template that has a guideline for restrictions, a guideline for requirements for joining/maintaining membership, for ranks/promotion requirements, etc.

Anyone got something like that?

Catch 22, I got ya man.

If you can hook me up with an email, I would be happy to help.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer
    Catch 22, I got ya man.

If you can hook me up with an email, I would be happy to help.
    Thank you. PM sent.

Hey 326..

Jake is well respected around here, as is WeruJ1.... Don't make yourself look like a fool by opening your mouth without thinking....
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

http://www.vfis.com/resources.htm

We wrote ours from this Catch

Catch22,

You've got mail!

WHATS UP 343?!?!?!?!
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

One more thing and I don't think it's in that SOG from VFIS, they can't respond after 10 PM in accordance with MO's child labor laws

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue
    Jake is well respected around here, as is WeruJ1....
    Thanks Capt. Obvious... Have't figured that one out yet! Jake and Weru are pretty much respected anywhere.

Don't make yourself look like a fool by opening your mouth without thinking....
    People make mistakes. I misunderstood him. Didn't knwop what he was lookign for. If he hadn't added in the "Slick" part, I would have stopped and left it for Jake (as from what I've seen, he usually takes care of thsi kind of stuff.) The Slick part took it over the edge.

Thanks Capt. Obvious... Have't figured that one out yet! Jake and Weru are pretty much respected anywhere.
    Complain about someone calling you a name, and then you start? I'll let Jake take care of this himself the next time he sees you. Jake is a close friend of mine, and I'll probably be down to hangout with him once June (and the convention) rolls around since it's in Rossford this next year. Your actions are making you stand out like a BLACK SHEEP...

People make mistakes. I misunderstood him. Didn't knwop what he was lookign for. If he hadn't added in the "Slick" part, I would have stopped and left it for Jake (as from what I've seen, he usually takes care of thsi kind of stuff.) The Slick part took it over the edge.
    Your tone with him was sarcastic, and uncalled for. You won't last long around here, especially with an attitude like that. Let him call you a name, if it bothers you, report it to the Webteam. Don't continue to instigate things...

You need to act PROFESSIONAL on these boards, like you would on a call or when you are doing something with the fire department. Your username is a DIRECT representation of your department.
    Last edited by Res343cue; 12-10-2006 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

Complain about someone calling you a name, and then you start? I'll let Jake take care of this himself the next time he sees you. Jake is a close friend of mine, and I'll probably be down to hangout with him once June (and the convention) rolls around since it's in Rossford this next year. Your actions are making you stand out like a BLACK SHEEP...

Your tone with him was sarcastic, and uncalled for. You won't last long around here, especially with an attitude like that. Let him call you a name, if it bothers you, report it to the Webteam. Don't continue to instigate things...

You need to act PROFESSIONAL on these boards, like you would on a call or when you are doing something with the fire department. Your username is a DIRECT representation of your department.
    I wasn't the one instigating. You came out of know where and stirred this up. I did not continue to instigate. You're the one continuing to instigate.

To be honest... I feel pretty threatened right now. I really do (which you probably give a rats end for anyways)

I understand what you are saying about the professionalism here. I realize that my actions were not right and that my tone was too high. I'm very sarcastic and that will pretty much stick with me, it's sorta in the blood. It gets to some people, they let me know (usually) peacefully and I quit being sarcastic towards them. I rarely, if not, ever am sarcastic around the Dept.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ntmd8r38
    One more thing and I don't think it's in that SOG from VFIS, they can't respond after 10 PM in accordance with MO's child labor laws
    I thought I saw that somewhere and we've got that as a policy right now, especially while school is in session. You wouldn't happen to know what statute that is, would you? Maybe save me some searching. If not, don't worry, I'll find it.

Res343cue--I know you mean well, but it was me he was commenting to, not Jake.

RFxplr326--I'll step up and apologize for lipping off the "slick" comment (it wasn't really as deragatory as you may have taken it). However, I really don't appreciate a "guest" telling me to "search harder." Having been on this forum for over 6 years, I know how to search and find what I want.

I would offer a suggestion, if a person has hundreds of posts and several years on this forum, they probably haven't found what they're looking for on a search. Whether you meant to sound condescending or not, you did, and will when you suggest someone to search harder. Just part of the written word, we can't read your body language to see if it's innocent or sarcastic.

Forum Member

Catch- I apoligize for my sarcasm. I understand that you can't tell my body language or whether I'm being serious. I'll have to work on that. I understand your whole seniority deal. I didn't take that into consideration when I wrote that. I regret my actions.

Sorry.

Forum Member

I think I might have it down at the station, I'll see if I can find it today.

Forum Member

Catch- I apoligize for my sarcasm. I understand that you can't tell my body language or whether I'm being serious. I'll have to work on that. I understand your whole seniority deal. I didn't take that into consideration when I wrote that. I regret my actions.

Sorry.

343- I also owe you an apology for acting like an @ss towards you last night. I have no excuse. Sorry.

Forum Member

I found this online,,it's a good overview of what you can and can't do http://www.dolir.mo.gov/ls/brochures/11-AI.pdf and I misremembered it's 9 PM

Thread Information