Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Swissphone Pagers

Yes... I have done a search on this topic and found a small amount of info. But, I am looking for input from people that have used or are using Swissphone pagers. We will soon be purchasing new pagers. I have been carring a Minitor V for a couple months and like it for the most part.

Keep away from the Swissphone and the Tribute911 pagers.

They both suck. I dropped a Swissphone less then 4 feet and it didn't work after.. Pagers should be "droppable".

The Tribute911 pagers have issues with alerting with certain tones and tone pairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by toddman View Post
    Yes... I have done a search on this topic and found a small amount of info. But, I am looking for input from people that have used or are using Swissphone pagers. We will soon be purchasing new pagers. I have been carring a Minitor V for a couple months and like it for the most part.
    We currently have 4 of the 529 pagers in service along with minitor 3,4,and 5 1 of the swiss phones is 2 years and and still running off of the original battery (will last 3 days without charging) and it has never had any repairs they generally go off 2-3 seconds before any of the motorolas. we even have some with voice store and it works very well. The only motorola I can compare to them is the old minitor 2. We are on narrow spaced vhf so I couldn't tell you about uhf.

I have been using a Swissphone Quattrino for almost 4 years now. I am still using the original battery. This pager's "toughness" is comparable to the Minitor II (obviously blows away the Minitor 3,4,5's).

The only problem I have had is that I broke the clip ($25). Not too bad. It looks like its been through hell and back but its crystal-controlled receiver is still crystal clear.

We're using them with good results.Battery life between charges is MUCH better than Minitor.My other job is towing and recovery which tends to be rough on anything that is attached to your belt.The Swissphone takes the punishment.Our supplier is P&W.HTH T.C.

We're using the RE629 and they are ok. They are a little busy at 4 AM. We've had issues with false pages due to timing and frequencies with a shared dispatch. We've also had issues with alert tones overiding the mesage.

They are tough and the battery life is quite good. I just wish we could get rid of functions we don't need and dumb them down a little.

Forum Member

Our VFD's just started handing out the Swissphone; and guys are doing everythign they can to hand them back, and get one of the refurb'd Minitor's.

I've heard complaints about poor coverage/voice quality, and issues with alerting on the wrong set of tones. It's all second hand info, though, as I've got a Minitor 2 that works just fine.

Thread Information