Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Thread

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Default New Thread

Test, test, test.
    Been trying to start new threads with no success.
    Emailed webteam. No reply.
    Frustrated.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason View Post
    Test, test, test.
    Been trying to start new threads with no success.
    Emailed webteam. No reply.
    Frustrated.
    CR
    Holy crap.
    I'm in.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I guess the upgrade was a bust.

Have you checked out our new home?
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Hey, I've been trying to create a new thread in this topic for a couple days now as I had a few questions I wanted to ask you guys. Unfortunately it hasn't allowed me to create one and instead just goes to a blank screen, I've tried searching the site for a fix to this but haven't had any luck. Is there something I'm missing or do I have to be a certain member to post in the States subforums? Thanks for any help as this has been bugging me a bit, I even tried posting in the main forum and it still would just go to the blank white screen so I'm not sure if there's some kind of trick I'm missing.

Quote Originally Posted by brk2733 View Post
    Hey, I've been trying to create a new thread in this topic for a couple days now as I had a few questions I wanted to ask you guys. Unfortunately it hasn't allowed me to create one and instead just goes to a blank screen, I've tried searching the site for a fix to this but haven't had any luck. Is there something I'm missing or do I have to be a certain member to post in the States subforums? Thanks for any help as this has been bugging me a bit, I even tried posting in the main forum and it still would just go to the blank white screen so I'm not sure if there's some kind of trick I'm missing.
    It was doing the same to me until yesterday. I couldn't believe how quickly it posted my "new thread".
    I think they might have it fixed. Try it again.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Forum Member

Red face

Still no luck, I'll just keep trying at it though maybe I'll get lucky

Forum Member

Default Not Posting

I've had trouble in th epast posting new threads. I found that by limiting the words in the title seemed to work ????

Forum Member

Default Sudan Pension Issues

I'm wondering how other pension funds are fully complying with the Sudan issue. According to our advisors they tell us we need to be 100% out of every mutual fund by July because no fund that is qualified to be invested in currently will certify they are 100% Sudan free.

Is everyone really pulling out of every mutual fund in your portfolio? Seems like our funds are going to take a big hit.

Any other avenues being pursued??

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisFF View Post
    I'm wondering how other pension funds are fully complying with the Sudan issue. According to our advisors they tell us we need to be 100% out of every mutual fund by July because no fund that is qualified to be invested in currently will certify they are 100% Sudan free.

Is everyone really pulling out of every mutual fund in your portfolio? Seems like our funds are going to take a big hit.

Any other avenues being pursued??
    Can you elaborated on the "Sudan issue"?
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

The divestment of public pension fund money from Sudan is a huge issue in Illinois. While no one supports a country that is committing genocide, it is a bit more complicated then that. What this basically means is that our pension funds cannot invest with any company that does business there. That means Coca-Cola, IBM etc.. The AFFI legislative team is working hard to come up with some kind of waiver or at least some wiggle room. There was a plan in place, but one department that also is an IAFF-AFFI affiliated local got some bad advice and jumped into a lawsuit challenging the legality of the Sudan legislation. This angered the state senator who the union was working with. She shut down talks. Hopefully things will be resolved. It is going to cause headaches for those of us on pension fund boards. My personal opinion is that the state will have a difficult time enforcing this. At least in the first year or two. I will keep you posted.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Off the line but can't post new thread

I received a call a couple of days ago from a chief that wanted to know about the use of Red Lights in POV's for volunteer chiefs. Seems that I heard this was true via word of mouth some time ago but I have not been able to find anything written. Does anyone know if this is true. I have never heard of red lights been legal in any POV but I figured this would be a good place to check.

Quote Originally Posted by pmed19 View Post
    I received a call a couple of days ago from a chief that wanted to know about the use of Red Lights in POV's for volunteer chiefs. Seems that I heard this was true via word of mouth some time ago but I have not been able to find anything written. Does anyone know if this is true. I have never heard of red lights been legal in any POV but I figured this would be a good place to check.
    Absolutely true.
    In Illinois, if the fire district recognizes the chief's POV as a responding vehicle for the fire department, then the chief may have red or a combination of red/blue on his car, but only use them for official fire department business.
    It is in the Illinois Legal Compiled Statutes, but the number escapes me.
    Oh; and the law was enacted over two years ago.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

MembersZone Subscriber jaybird210's Avatar
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Default From the Illinois Compiled Stutues

Emphasis is bold is mine. See Illinois Vehicle Code

(625 ILCS 5/12‑215) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 12‑215)
    Sec. 12‑215. Oscillating, rotating or flashing lights on motor vehicles. Except as otherwise provided in this Code:
    (a) The use of red or white oscillating, rotating or flashing lights, whether lighted or unlighted, is prohibited except on:
    1. Law enforcement vehicles of State, Federal or
    local authorities;
    2. A vehicle operated by a police officer or county
    coroner and designated or authorized by local authorities, in writing, as a law enforcement vehicle; however, such designation or authorization must be carried in the vehicle;
    2.1. A vehicle operated by a fire chief who has
    completed an emergency vehicle operation training course approved by the Office of the State Fire Marshal and designated or authorized by local authorities, in writing, as a fire department, fire protection district, or township fire department vehicle; however, the designation or authorization must be carried in the vehicle, and the lights may be visible or activated only when responding to a bona fide emergency;

3. Vehicles of local fire departments and State or
    federal firefighting vehicles; [.....]
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber
    DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Leave it to Jay to find the legal stuff.

The way I read it, the red light better be covered unless it's an emergency. Sound right to anybody else? I knew that the dept. had to recognize the chief's vehicle as a dept. emergency vehicle but didn't realize it had to be in writing and carried in the vehicle. Makes sense though.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber jaybird210's Avatar
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Jack, I believe you can have pretty much any color light you want, as long as it's not illuminated. Having said that, if you've got a full red light bar on your roof, or even a red dash laser, you might risk getting pulled over when you're out of district. But show a reasonable cop the letter, and the IVC chapter and verse, and you should be okay. That's another reason why LEDs are a beautiful thing.

Personally, I don't run a red light. I don't think color makes much difference to people. If they see flashing lights, they'll pull over. Most of the time, non-compliance is simply due to inattention. Most of the time.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber
    DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Speaking of flashing lights, we've got a Ford Ranger that we use for a grass truck now and did run First Responders calls with until we got a different rescue. The mini light bar, red, didn't get anybody's attention. We put wig wags on it for the headlights and people pull over and stop all the time. Go figure.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Default Help!

I NEED HELP!
    I am sending this from work, because my computer keeps timing out at home.
    Is it my web browser, pop up blocker?
    Every time I try to respond to a thread from home, it takes forever and then says "page cannot be displayed"!
    AAAAAAAAAAGH!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Art..We are here for you.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

which browser are you using and what version? (e.g. internet explorer 6.0) The first thing I try to do when that has happened to me is delete the temp internet files and cookies. I then close the browser and try again. I hopes this helps!

Forum Member

Art i sure would like to help but i am so computer stupid i am lucky to turn it on. Mikey what da ya think buddy are your boys gonna but Indy in there place or are horseshoes gonna fly. Its just to bad you guys are playing on my boys homefield and we aren't there.......

Thread Information