Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas

MembersZone Subscriber RoughRider's Avatar

Default Merry Christmas

I'm not sure if I'll be able to be online much after today so I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. I sincerely wish prosperity, love, healing or good health & restoration for all.

So, I lift a Guinness to all and will pray for all our needs to be met this coming year.

All the best,

Ty
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

I wish you a Merry Christmas

And a Happy New Year!

Forum Member

Best wishes to all for a great Christmas and New Year!

Forum Member

Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year And A Special Wish To All Of Those Serving In The Military.

How dare you use any word encompassing the six letters 'C', 'H', 'R', 'I', 'S', & 'T'

How non-inclusive of you! I shall report you directly to the ACLU and Webteam for proper "sensitiity training" and indoctrination.

I do not celebrate Christmas, but do wish everyone a good holiday and may your time with your families be filled with good memories, good food (though not too much lest you end up in my ED being treated for an MI), and time with those friends who make every day better for us.

For those working, be safe.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber RoughRider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    How dare you use any word encompassing the six letters 'C', 'H', 'R', 'I', 'S', & 'T'

How non-inclusive of you! I shall report you directly to the ACLU and Webteam for proper "sensitiity training" and indoctrination.

I do not celebrate Christmas, but do wish everyone a good holiday and may your time with your families be filled with good memories, good food (though not too much lest you end up in my ED being treated for an MI), and time with those friends who make every day better for us.

Indeed Happy Holiday's to all as well!!
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

No matter how you argue it in court or in the media, it has been and always will be CHRISTmas to me. May everyone (especially the troops and their families) have a very Merry Christmas and all be happy and safe.

PKFPD
    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

MembersZone Subscriber nadeau526's Avatar

Happy Holidays to everyone and STAY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Politically Correct Chirstmas Message

I wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting to my friends and colleagues, but it is so difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending someone. So I met with my solicitors yesterday, and on their advice I wish to say the following:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted Gregorian calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

I too will be on limited internet access after Christmas as well. I hope everyone has a Merry one and for those like myself who are working be safe !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Merry Christmas
    Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

American Red Cross Volunteer

Ah, heck what everybody else said
    I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Have a safe and Merry Christmas.
    http://forums.firehouse.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1  81526&dateline=1193075762

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking could not say it any better

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    A Politically Correct Chirstmas Message

I wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting to my friends and colleagues, but it is so difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending someone. So I met with my solicitors yesterday, and on their advice I wish to say the following:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted Gregorian calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message.
    What he said.

Take care. Best wishes to all for a safe happy holiday.

Eat, drink and be merry (although that may not be a PC statement, I will say it anyway!)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post

To each their own.If someone wishes me a holiday greeting that I do not celebrate,I just say"And also to you and yours" and mean it.I don't mean to offend when I wish someone a Merry Christmas and do not take offense when someone says "Happy Kwanzaa",for example.They wish me well and I wish them the same.
    I've never understood what was so offensive about Christmas greetings.Is it the Peace on Earth part or the bit about wishing for Goodwill to all?
    Having been stuck on duty during most holidays the past few years,I really feel for the folks that have the duty this year.
    Hope for once you have a slow and quiet time of it.If not,BE SAFE and go home when your relief shows up.
    Last edited by doughesson; 12-23-2006 at 11:38 AM.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Years as well
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone out there. If you're on duty tonight and tomorrow, may it be a quiet and safe 24hrs.

Enjoy the season and your families. Take care 'n stay safe out there!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS from Malahat 27 at Co 2, Vienna VFD/FRD

MembersZone Subscriber SteveDude's Avatar

Merry Christmas to all my Brothers and Sisters from the USA, Canada, Australia & New Zealand.
    Steve Dude.

Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Smile And...........

From Laura and I, our Family, and the Officers and Members of The Glenn Dale VFD, Our best wishes for a Safe and Happy Holiday season. Our thoughts and prayers are with those who won't be home for the Holidays, whatever the reason. Stay Safe, Harve.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Smile And...........

From Laura and I, our Family, and the Officers and Members of The Glenn Dale VFD, Our best wishes for a Safe and Happy Holiday season. Our thoughts and prayers are with those who won't be home for the Holidays, whatever the reason. Stay Safe, Harve.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information