Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Happy Holidays & A Message from Firehouse.com's Founder

Hello all,

Eight years ago -- Christmas Day, 1998, Chris Hebert and I started a little site called Firehouse.com. And since then firefighters and first responders around the world have called us home. I'd like to personally thank each and every one of you for making Firehouse.com the #1 Web Site.

This year the site was honored with being the business media industry's Top Community Web Site (by the American Society of Business Press Editors) and the Top Web Site in the industry by FOLIO: Magazine. These are more tributes to our great userbase as much as the hard work our team puts in doing its best to manage and grow Firehouse.com, and sister sites Officer.com and EMSResponder.com.

I'd like to let everyone know that the time has come personally in my career to move on to start some exciting new ventures. I'll also be working with some fire service organizations on projects, but primarily be working on building new unrelated businesses. And heck, maybe write a book or two like Dennis Smith

Firehouse.com is in great hands under Chris, with a team of web and firefighting pros, many of whom have been with Firehouse.com from near the beginning.

Again, thank you all for your support over the years. Together we raised millions for the families of heroes lost on 9/11, attacked critical fire and rescue service issues, helped promote and grow the FIRE Act grant program, brought the cast of Emergency! together one last time, got to hang out with some stars from Ladder 49, and most importantly learned, communicated, trained and much more, all together online.

There are great things on the horizon for Firehouse.com, with new services, features and content being added all the time.

Chris, who has been in the fire service for almost 20 years, with the help of a team that includes Editor Pete Matthews (a former Assistant Editor with Firehouse Magazine and Long Island Firefighter), veteran journalist and News Director Lon Slepicka and Sales Director Mike Natchipolsky (a Firefighter/EMT with Bethesda-Chevy Chase, Md. Rescue Squad) will ensure that Firehouse.com's mission of being the online destination the World's Bravest trust and rely continues on for a long time to come.

Happy Holidays to you, your families and friends!

Dave J. Iannone
    Founder
    Firehouse.com

Dave@DaveIannone.com
    Last edited by DaveJIannone; 12-24-2006 at 03:07 PM.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default The end of an era ...

FH just won't be the same without you, I'm sure.

I wish you every success with your future endeavors.

Hope you'll stay in touch and pop into IACOJ occasionally to let us know how you are doing.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family, Dave.

Oh, and Happy Holidays to the rest of the FH team as well!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Thank you for bringing into existance a web site that allows us, the emergency service worker, to come together to talk, to share, to vent, to argue, and be closer as brothers and sisters than ever before possible.

Have a wonderful Christmas and only good things ahead.

FossilMedic

Default Thanks and good luck!

Dave:

I am sure that in whatever venture your explore you will change the environment like you have done here.

Mike

Merry Christmas from Down Under to you Dave and all your team.

It is The Day down here, and the Big Guy has been to visit.

Ya I know, what the heck am I doing on the computer. (had to check our web sites).

All the best for the New Year and your New Ventures.

Kiwi.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

Dave
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and the firehouse team.

Best wishes to you on your future endeavors. I have no doubt that you will continue to make a positive impact in the fire service as well as your future endeavors outside of the fire service. All the best to you. Take care.

Sherry (aka Cheffie)

ps. If you ever head to the the left coast, dinner is on me.
    Last edited by superchef; 12-24-2006 at 04:05 PM.

Merry Christmas to you as well Dave

Thank you for this site. Its been a great learning tool

Merry Christmas too everyone else as well

Ryan
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Dave, a tip of the leather to you. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Happy Birthday Firehouse.com!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Good Luck, Dave........

and Thank You for all your work with FH.com......... I don't think things will be the same.....
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Good Luck, Dave........

and Thank You for all your work with FH.com......... I don't think things will be the same.....
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    IACOJ

Good Luck, Dave........

IACOJ

Happy Holidays to all my friends, brothers and sisters on FH.Com. Please stay safe and watch over each other. Thanks to FH.com for tolerating all our insanities over the past years!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

Default Thanks Dave!

What a big loss...but changes happen and here we go again...but what a MAJOR difference you have made for firefighters! Through your and Chris's vision, look what has been created...essentially the USA TODAY of the Fire & Rescue Service...a big, BIG deal.
    You ability to help us communicate in this business through the creation and growth of Firehouse.com has lead to so many positives that cannot possibily be measured. From the news to the educational programs online, your efforts have lead to better, smarter and safer firefighters and fire officers....and the fact that you are a firefighter put credibility nd understanding behind the entire Firehouse.com effort.
    Your efforts mattered to every firefighter out there and what you did will last forever. Passing COMMAND to Chris, Pete, Matt and the rest of the crew will work very well because of how you established and managed command upon arrival.
    Thank you so much.
    All the best...seeya soon,
    BillyG

Border Patrol

Thumbs up

Happy Holidays to you Dave & all the team @ FH.com

I know you look back on all the work to make this site what it is with an enormous amount of pride and satisfaction.

If anyone wants to see just how far Dave & his crew have taken this site, check this out: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.firehouse.com

Congratulations BROTHER on a job well done and best of luck in your future endeavors.
    "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." - Vince Lombardi

Forum Member

Good Luck in your future endeavors Dave.

Merry Christmas to all!!!
    The opinions I post to these forums do not represent any entity to which I am affiliated.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Smile Well..............

As he so often does so eloquently, Chief BillyG spoke for many of us out here on the streets. Dave, a simple THANK YOU is small indeed, next to your very large contributions to the day to day life of the Fire and Rescue Services of this great nation, and indeed, the world. That FH.Com had a sizeable audience (and Forums contributors) from around the world, in a very short time after it's inception, speaks very well of the vision, and managerial skill, of it's founders. Best wishes in whatever undertaking you may pursue Dave, AND, you ever need a break from looking at the same old mean streets thru Truck 1's windshield, I got a seat for you on Squad 18. God Bless, my friend. Harve
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Congrats and Thanks Dave ..............Good Luck !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Eight years! Congratulations on all your hard work.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Thank You Dave & Best Wishes in your future endeavors!

One thing many "newbies" and some of the relative old-timers probably don't realize is just what a good technical and visual layout job has been done with Firehouse over the years -- it's format and layout was well ahead of it's time in the late 1990s. It's continued to be a leader. The Hyattsville VFD site Dave had previously developed for his own fire company had similiarily really raised the bar on what fire department web sites should look like -- demonstrating a content rich, visually pleasing format at time when many fire department websites were either plain vanilla or dominated by insepid animated "cutesy" gifs of hand-waving fire hydrants and flashing light bars.

It's kind of odd to think the Fire Service would have one of the best done web sites of all the different industries and government groups out there, but it's true.

Matt

DaveJIannone

--------------------------

Just kidding Dave. Good luck

Thread Information