Forum Member

Default PA Grant Seminar in Danger

I just wanted to drop a thread in here to let people that are still interested in registering, that the Grant Seminar with Kurt in Pennsylvania is in danger of being cancelled due to a lack of interest. If there are not more people registered and committed to attending by the end of the week, I will be forced to do so. I hear a lot of people talking on this forum about their misfortunes with the grant process, so I figured I would try to help out by coordinating this with Kurt. Drop me a email offling if you are still interested in attending.

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation

Kelly, how many more do you need to register to keep the seminar alive?

C'mon fence sitters, I know you read the threads everyday like I do. You know you will get way more than your $250 and a hotel for 2 nights back in awards. Make the call today!

Forum Member

Hey Mike. We need at least 10 more to sign up for this to happen. A lot of people wrote me emails for information, but have not heard from them since. Did you register yet? If you did, I did not receive the information yet.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wish I could come out for free but, US Air won't buy the tickets. As I am sure Brian will also attest, we have bills and expenses too guys.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Kelly, I reg. with Chiefs. If you don't have my information than that makes for only 9 more? You might want to check with Chiefs, maybe they have more like me you don't know about. I sent you the same message this morning on private email. Get back to me here if you didn't receive it.

Michael

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LFD1MICHAEL View Post
    Kelly, I reg. with Chiefs. If you don't have my information than that makes for only 9 more? You might want to check with Chiefs, maybe they have more like me you don't know about. I sent you the same message this morning on private email. Get back to me here if you didn't receive it.

Michael

Mike contact me to be sure our system got you in there. Was it faxed or through the online secure site?
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Hey Mike. I checked my email and did not receive the message you sent me. I am wondering if there are not more out there that tried to do the same. Every person that registered for the seminar should have received an email confirming the registration. If you did not receive this after registering, please contact me at imafireman@yahoo.com Thanks Mike.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

I sent you both, private emails this morning

Forum Member

Kelly,

I sent you an e-mail also.

Forum Member

Sorry I am so late getting back to you all. We were assisting on a fatal house fire this afternoon. Time of call...3:07pm Time back in service...2:30 am. We had to dig all of the debris out of the basement for the fire marshalls. Talk about going above and beyond the call of duty. Anyway, I returned messages to those who emailed me. If you did not receive a response, drop me a line on here and also email me again. Time for bed. Keep safe.

Forum Member

Kelly,

I faxed my registration to you today for 2. What's the final tally now?

Forum Member

I received you fax for two and another department for two bringing me to 14 total. I also talked to our neighboring department who told me they would be coming with two, but I do not have their registration yet. If they follow through, we are to 16. If there is anyone else out there thinking about this, I need to know. Stay safe.

Kelly

Forum Member

How many do you need total? 20?

Forum Member

We need to have at least 20 people in order for the class to be a go. Right now I have 16 registered with the possibility of a few more out of New York. They informed me that they need to get approval prior to registering. So we will see how that goes. Hopefully there will be a few more register today.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by imafireman View Post
    We need to have at least 20 people in order for the class to be a go. Right now I have 16 registered with the possibility of a few more out of New York. They informed me that they need to get approval prior to registering. So we will see how that goes. Hopefully there will be a few more register today.
    Kelly,
    I am willing to extend the deadline till Friday( 1/5) for a decision to see if you can get the other 4 that are needed, if you want. Got to make a decision no later than that though.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Kelly,
    I am willing to extend the deadline till Friday( 1/5) for a decision to see if you can get the other 4 that are needed, if you want. Got to make a decision no later than that though.
    Thank you for the extension Kurt. I hope some of the people from Pennsylvania and surrounding states that get on here and cry the blues about not being awarded can talk their departments into funding a very worthwhile trip. If it makes any difference, Kurt and I are planning a trip to the flight 93 memorial in Shanksville after the Saturday seminar. If anyone needs the flyer or the registration again, drop me an email offline.

Forum Member

Wanted to write to let everyone interested that the grant seminar in Alum Bank, PA for January 20 and 21st is on schedule. There are seats available if any latecomers are interested. Our banquet area will seat over 300 people, so there are a lot of seats left. I just want to thank everyone who registered and also want to extend the invitation once again to those who may be interested. I believe we are going to have a terrific time. Kurt, myself, and some of the others are planning to go to the flight 93 memorial after the seminar on the 20th. I have lived within a half hour of there and have never been to it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Kelly looks like we are a go for this. I will be arriving on the 19th and be at Hampton Inn at Bedford/Turnpike exit. Looking forward to seeing that Memorial and meeting eveyrone.
    Kurt Bradley

Thread Information