Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extra Events?

Forum Member

Question Extra Events?

At my post, we have drills, but we also have other events, like pancake breakfast's and spaghetti dinners. And tomarrow, the chief and captains are all taking the post out to dinner. Do any of your posts do stuff like that?
    Last edited by Explorer15; 12-26-2006 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Spelling

Forum Member

In my Kentucky vollie department,during state run fire schools,the host department would gather available Explorers and use them as runners,go-fers and toters to help the events run smoothly.I've seen kids running boxes of t shirts to the class rooms,handing out information packets,helping set up displays and putting together the dee-licious,new-tricious bag lunches we'd get at noon.
    Seriously,it might not learn them any firefighting skills,but they can use the time to meet officers and Chiefs from neighboring departments and how best to get from one point to another while loaded down,which comes in handy when in college or the military and reporting to a new command just across the base.

Default yeah

Yes we do a lot of other things besides training we go to local events in the city like theres a bell share in downtown Asheville Nc and we help out the Fire Dept and fun rasers we do those and alot of things. we also go to competitions twice a year i have trying to get us some more competitions to go to but i do not know of any besides Winterfest in TN and mertle beach. so if any one can help me i would apprciate it.

We do fireworks standby with the dept, parades, open house, pancake breakfasts, Blood Pressure Checks, if we are lucky we can do standby at festivals with the squad crew, we go to conventions, confrences, and other training events outside of our dept. and post. I think I covered them all.
    Last edited by backsteprescue; 12-31-2006 at 07:22 PM.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

We do 2 chicken BBQ's each year, we do all the work, we do the Fireworks display for the community, plus our required training and any additional training we can get into, like training with surround fire departments, 3 parades each year, visit our school for Fire prevention week, inspections, this from an unpaid volunteer Dept.

Default special events

Yup my post has special events that we take care of during the year. They all are fun but boring at times... Its all about paying yur dues and putting in time.

Forum Member

We do standbys for and assist/participate in fairs, rodeos, holidays, parades, and other special events. Attend conferences/conventions, special trainings. Host recruitment drives, public information meetings, etc... Just to list a few.
    American by Birth, Firefighter/EMS Provider by the grace of God!

These are my personal views/opinions and do not necessarily reflect that of my department.

Forum Member

Cool More Extra Events

In addition to the dinners and stuff, we too do parades, prevention, fairs, and openhouses.

Thread Information