Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Morning Pride Ben 2 Helmets Damage

Looking at our helmets and noticed on 2 of them lastnight that they had a crack where the faceshield mounting hardware is. Both helmets had a crack all the way through but one was on the right and one on the left. These helmets are not very old either, so I guess I'm asking if anyone has had any problems with these helmets and if not I'd recomend inspecting your helmet if any one uses them. We took 2 out of service and we are going to start checking them weekly I guess. I'm going to contact Morning Pride and see if they can do anything about this.BE SAFE!

GFDSlappyRob
    Firehouse.com Guest

My FD has had the same problems with cracks in Morning Pride helmets, but the Lite Force. It seems where a sticker or a leather front would go a crack due to heat develops(the only conclusion I could come to). All the helmets with this crack had seen fire... all the ones that haven't didn't have this crack.Here;s a pic of what I'm talking about... Hopefully ya can see it. Hey PM me.

Forum Member

also had my helmet crack, right in the front edge. my helmet has seen some heat but should not have cracked yet

Forum Member

also had my helmet crack, right in the front edge. my helmet has seen some heat but should not have cracked yet. had it replaced

Did any of your fire departments contact your dealer about the problem? I contacted Morning Pride by Email. I'll let you know what I make out.

Quote Originally Posted by GFDSlappyRob View Post
    My FD has had the same problems with cracks in Morning Pride helmets, but the Lite Force. It seems where a sticker or a leather front would go a crack due to heat develops(the only conclusion I could come to). All the helmets with this crack had seen fire... all the ones that haven't didn't have this crack.Here;s a pic of what I'm talking about... Hopefully ya can see it. Hey PM me.

I tried to PM you with no sucsess. Try sending something to me.

Our explorer post has hand me down Ben2's and Ben2Plus' from our dept. and many had shields on them at first, but were taken off. I have not noticed any cracks on my helmet or any of the others, and I have gotten pretty up close and personal with them as I helped take off all the old reflectors, cleaned the helmets, put new reflectors on, did misc. repairs to most of them, and put all of the shields on.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

we just returned them to our supplier and he replaced them, no questions asked

Quote Originally Posted by Petern View Post
    we just returned them to our supplier and he replaced them, no questions asked
    I recieved an Email today from Morning Pride. They seem very interested in wanting to check these helmets and inspect them. They said all that we need to do is contact our dealer and get a RA return authorization. Thats good to hear!!

Thread Information