+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last
    IACOJ BOD

Default Troops halp Jon Carry in Irak

Got this from a friend.

Kinda sums up how the pillock is viewed in certain circles.

It was initialy posted on a USAF Undergound Forum.

This is a true story.....Check out this photo from our mess hall at the US Embassy yesterday
    morning. Sen. Kerry found himself all alone while he was over here. He
    cancelled his press conference because no one came, he worked out alone
    in the gym w/o any soldiers even going up to say hi or ask for an
    autograph (I was one of those who was in the gym at the same time), and
    he found himself eating breakfast with only a couple of folks who are
    obviously not troops.

What is amazing is Bill O'Reilly came to visit with us and the troops at
    the CSH the same day and the line for autographs extended through the
    palace and people waited for two hours to shake his hand. You decide who
    is more respected and loved by us servicemen and women!"

Again I say..."GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!"

UPDATE: My blog-friend Scott Johnson at the famous Powerline Blog has linked to this post here with a classic title: "Troops halp Jon Carry in Irak".

UPDATE 2: Michelle Malkin has linked to the post on her great site with some follow up links. Thanks Michelle.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

Talking

Kiwi; I noticed that he does not have a bottle of Heinz ketchup on the table. What's up with that? Actually he is sitting alone because he forgot to shower and use underarm deoderant. Either that or he cut the cheese and nobody wants to tell him he stinks.

Forum Member

Not even the officers wanted anything to do with him?I know he was excluded from the cool kids' table but the math club/chessclub/scienceclub nerds couldn't have felt sorry for him either?

Hey,John,ya reap what you sow,dude.

Forum Member

To be fair, Bush and kerry both Suck.

This country is goin nowhere.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OlieCan View Post
    To be fair, Bush and kerry both Suck.

This country is goin nowhere.
    If you haven't voted in any Presidential elections,why not?
    One of the reasons this country is going south is that the President is having to fend off sniping attacks over things that a President approved of by the media would get a pass for,instead of keeping his mind on the job at hand.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    If you haven't voted in any Presidential elections,why not?
    One of the reasons this country is going south is that the President is having to fend off sniping attacks over things that a President approved of by the media would get a pass for,instead of keeping his mind on the job at hand.
    Nice call Doug....I couldn't agree more.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Forum Member

John Kerry is not worthy of carrying these guys' seabags to put on a plane.

He will get the same respect back that he gives men and women in uniform - which is apparently none.

Thankfully he will not be President. And GWB is not the best guy out there either.

300,000,000 men and women in this country, and this lot is the best we can come up with? We deserve the government we elect.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

the visit you're talking about was at the base im at. i've only been here for 2 months and Kerrys visit from what i hear was about 1 1/2 years ago. i really dont think that he got the cold shoulder on purpose. although he is a well known person i probaly wouldn't have recognized him if i saw him alone in the gym. as for the press conferece i dont know why people wouldn't have showed up unless they couldnt get out of work. people work their as*ess off 7 days a week out here so im sure it was tough for people to get out there to the conference. for the breakfast thing, ive seen a few important people in the palace chow hall but im not gonna go up and bother them while they're eating...

this is just the way i interpreted that story. for all i know i could be way off....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post

He will get the same respect back that he gives men and women in uniform - which is apparently none.
    Sort of the same way I feel about Barbara Bush's comments that she isn't going to let little things like body counts ruin her day.

Kerry may have stuck his foot in his mouth. But he served his country honorably. He went to Vietnam not once, but twice. Albeit one of those tours was spent on a ship that was offshore.

Where was Bush during all those years? Oh yeah, he was getting drunk in Texas and Alabama when he bothered to show up at all.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Kerry may have stuck his foot in his mouth. But he served his country honorably. He went to Vietnam not once, but twice. Albeit one of those tours was spent on a ship that was offshore.

Where was Bush during all those years? Oh yeah, he was getting drunk in Texas and Alabama when he bothered to show up at all.
    So you want a man who lied about his purple hearts to be commended and have pats on the back? Sorry...go read..

http://www.massnews.com/2004_edition...rple_heart.htm

I would'nt of shaken his hand nor given him the time of day. Bush was put in office by the majority vote, he had to clean up the mess that Ole I didn't inhale Clinton left behind. No one will ever agree on this very heated issue, there will never be a president who everyone will like as there will always be something we don't agree on or don't like.

Forum Member

Thankfully he will not be President. And GWB is not the best guy out there either.
    300,000,000 men and women in this country, and this lot is the best we can come up with? We deserve the government we elect.
    I agree that Kerry isn't fit to lick the b***s of any E-2 over there now.
    But I do think that Bush is better than the alternative.If you've read "Dereliction(sp?) of Duty"by LTC Robert Patterson,you'll see what I mean.According to him,WH staffers wouldn't acknowledge simple "Good Mornings"from uniformed officers,expected AF 1 to be turned around because the First Daughter couldn't keep up with her schoolbooks in her senior year of high school,and treated the Presidential physician like a Pullman porter,expectiung him to tote luggage.
    You're right.We DO desrve the government that we elect.That's the beauty of the democratic process.Sometimes we elect some real foul balls and other times we elect people that have to clean up their mess for us.

Forum Member

text deleted by the author.
    Last edited by scfire86; 12-30-2006 at 07:08 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ERAngel View Post
    So you want a man who lied about his purple hearts to be commended and have pats on the back? Sorry...go read..

http://www.massnews.com/2004_edition...rple_heart.htm
    I guess in your world a mere lieutenant in the Navy has the power to do all that. Medals were granted to him via the regulations in place at the time. Even some of his detractors have recanted their stories. And like I said. He was in Vietnam. Bush got a special detail while in the NG to work on a state senator's campaign. Something I'm sure was available to all those who were drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by ERAngel View Post
    I would'nt of shaken his hand nor given him the time of day. Bush was put in office by the majority vote, he had to clean up the mess that Ole I didn't inhale Clinton left behind. No one will ever agree on this very heated issue, there will never be a president who everyone will like as there will always be something we don't agree on or don't like.
    Yes. Eight years of peace and prosperity with a balanced budget is now considered a mess to clean up.

And just in case you forgot. Bush was put in office by a majority of electoral votes. He got fewer popular votes than Gore. And as an incumbent he received a whopping 2.5% more than his next nearest challenger. The lowest margin of victory for an incumbent since I think Warren Harding.

Please point me to one aspect of his presidency that can now be considered a success. Fiscal policy is a nightmare. And our foreign policy is a nightmare.

Pity the president (regardless of the party) that has that mess to clean up.

Forum Member

So, having their asses handed to them in the recent elections, the righties are now resorting to swiftboating John Kerry again. Pathetic.
    What is amazing is Bill O'Reilly came to visit with us and the troops at
    the CSH the same day and the line for autographs extended through the
    palace and people waited for two hours to shake his hand. You decide who
    is more respected and loved by us servicemen and women!"
    No, what is pathetic is that a chickenhawk piece of crap like O'Reilly is lauded, while a decorated combat veteran is dumped on for daring to speak his mind about a stupid war that killed milions and achieved nothing. How many need to die in Iraq before you people realize how bad you screwed up? Millions? It's headed that way, thanks to you and your support for the idiot-in-chief and his greedy minions.

Sooo...that's all you have in light of the complete fiasco that is the right-wing agenda in Iraq? Beating up on Kerry?
    Goddamn, you guys are WEAK. But, hey; I guess that if it makes you feel better about yourselves, go for it.

Forum Member

And like I said. He was in Vietnam. Bush got a special detail while in the NG to work on a state senator's campaign. Something I'm sure was available to all those who were drafted.
    C'mon, now SC...protecting all that Texas oil from the Vietcong was a very important job!

Forum Member

I dislike Kerry for a number of reasons - and not one of them has to do with his service in Viet Nam. Only with him allowing it to be used to brow beat people.

I lived in Massachusetts all of my life until 2.5 years ago and he has done nothing for the state. Nothing.

He is a decorated veteran, and to throw it at people as he and his campaign did in 2004 disgusts me. You served your country, I couldn't care less about whether you were active duty, reserve, National Guard, or Coast Guard. You did what many men and women have done - you volunteered to serve. Thank you, our Nation is better because of it. Do not throw it in my face as if it makes you so great and wonderful and for that matter alone you deserve my vote.

And while the Republicans did lose the majority in both houses - I would hardly call it having asses handed to us. Many of these incoming Democrats do not exactly follow the spoon-fed party line and it ought to be interesting to see how many of these freshman Dems wag the dog. Nancy Pelosi is going to have to walk very carefully to avoid stepping in it with them.

The Republicans deserved to lose - they got hungry with power. Just as the Democrats did in 1994 and they were summarily dismissed. Either way, it does not matter who is in control of either house - they don't give a damn about any of us.

And Nozz....... Please tell me where you get the figure that millions have been killed in Iraq? Less than 3,000 U.S. deaths, another few hundred international forces. Last figure I have heard was MAYBE 50,000 Iraqi deaths. Explain to me how you got millions?

Not busting your stones, just calling you on what I think is a tremendously mis stated statistic.

Either way, John Kerry has screwed the pooch with his own party, the people of this country, and he has no one to blame but himself.

His actions upon his return to the United States from Viet Nam and his many statement about the men and women serving in the armed forces have caused me to dislike him. He has made his lot in life, and now he must deal with it. And so must the Demcratic party as a whole.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Forum Member

Well, to be fair, ThNozzle never actually said that millions have already died. I can understand his concern, however. At a rough estimate, provided by http://www.icasualties.org/, about 800 to 900 U.S. troops are killed per 365 days in Iraq, so, provided that the death rate would stay about the same, provided that there would be occasional spikes in violence and particularly rare but extraordinarily costly attacks on coalition forces, it would take an alarming 1,111 years for U.S. military deaths to reach one million. (1 million deaths / 900 deaths per year = 1,111 years)

This is the kind of statistic that the Republicans don't want the American people to hear.

There are also estimated numbers (with reported minimum and maximum death tolls) of Iraqi deaths since the war began.
    http://www.iraqbodycount.org/
    The two major causes of innocent [which the website makes no guarantee that all those killed were in fact innocent] deaths appear to be gunfire and car bombs (there is an option to view the list in a one-page format, it makes for easier reading). Gunfire is a two-way conversation, so there is undoubtedly shared responsibility between coalition forces and insurgents for the cause of death, but the last time I checked, car bombing isnít a drill our troops learn in boot camp. So, do I feel sorry for the [estimated maximum reported as of the latest update] 57,707 Iraqis killed in the war? Just as much as the next guy who can still find it in himself to sleep at night. Do I believe that Americans are to blame for most of these deaths? Nah.

And I'm not trying to belittle the U.S. military death toll in Iraq, but seriously, on Iwo Jima, between 6,000 to 7,000 servicemen died for an island that is less than 1/8 the size of Washington, D.C., in battle that lasted about 35 days. A lot of people have what I call the Post-Vietnam Bad News Media Syndrome. Iím just not exactly sure we should cut and run the next time CNN airs news of another car bomb attack. I for one am sick of this ďMilestoneĒ bullcrap that News networks are throwing up on the TV screen, as if there should be some correlation between the number of deaths on September 11th and military lives lost in the war on terror. We live in a day in age where the tone of the media determines whether a conflict is won or lost.

So what do we do about these deaths? We make sure that they arenít in vain. That isn't going to happen by "Staying the Course" or "Tuck-tailing and bailing." And, like DaSharkie, I donít think anyone in Washington, D.C. (in any party) at this time has the potential to make things better. Iím hoping in 2008 we will see some candidates who have what it takes.
    Last edited by GodSendRain; 12-31-2006 at 08:30 AM.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Forum Member

And I'm not trying to belittle the U.S. military death toll in Iraq, but seriously, on Iwo Jima, between 6,000 to 7,000 servicemen died for an island that is less than 1/8 the size of Washington, D.C., in battle that lasted about 35 days.
    While I know what you are trying to say. The analogy breaks down in that we were never attacked by Iraq. And though it took several years to admit, even Bush now concedes that oil was a factor in starting this war.

Forum Member

I lived in Massachusetts all of my life until 2.5 years ago and he has done nothing for the state. Nothing.
    Sharkie. What did you expect him to do? MA is a donor state. Kerry has been in the minority party for most of his senate career.

I was under the impression that conservatives wanted their electeds to be obstructionists on fiscal matters since that is the primary use of taxation.

Something repubs claimed to have the higher ground but we now realize they were more corrupted by power than any dem could ever imagine.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Sharkie. What did you expect him to do? MA is a donor state. Kerry has been in the minority party for most of his senate career.

I was under the impression that conservatives wanted their electeds to be obstructionists on fiscal matters since that is the primary use of taxation.

Something repubs claimed to have the higher ground but we now realize they were more corrupted by power than any dem could ever imagine.
    I expect him to represent the people of Massachusetts.

As a politician, he has rarely introduced a bill - including the time since the '04 election when he had all of his fanciful "plans" to solve the nation's ills.

I will say that he brought the Big Dig to Massachusetts (along with the equally incompetant Ted Kennedy) for which the nation's taxpayers have been soaked for $14+ billion.)

If he was trying to be fiscally responsible, he would have opted for a reduction in federal taxation to shift the burden to state and local governments.

And actually, Kerry has been in the minority and majority for equal amounts of time if I recall. And either way, you can still have an effect on the way things are done - albeit with limitations.

He has been a poor senator, and would likely have been a poor President - although the bar has not exactly been set too high given the shananigans of the most recent 2 Presidents.

And the Republicans blew their chance at showing that they knew what was right the past several years by allowing their power to corrupt themselves. Hence they lost "control" of both houses of Congress - and rightfully so. In the process they accomplished something else politicians love to do - they alienated more voters who have become more upset at the process and who will likely give up voting because they are all crooked. This makes it easier to be elected because you have to convince fewer people.

Either way, you and I will be no better off with the bunch of twits that now sit in Congress. Nothing changes.

Forum Member

Either way, you and I will be no better off with the bunch of twits that now sit in Congress. Nothing changes.
    I have to agree with on this one. I've come to the belief that obstruction is a good thing.

I guess I am just puzzled why there is such harsh acrimony against someone like Kerry in regards to the troops but never a word of vitriol against conservatives when they disrespect the troops.

IACOJ BOD

To the blinking eye.

I posted this because I happen to think it was funny. And a real reflection of the people that do the business when people that talk a lot fail.

Here is another one for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    To the blinking eye.

I posted this because I happen to think it was funny. And a real reflection of the people that do the business when people that talk a lot fail.

Here is another one for you.
    It's funny. But I don't understand the second sentence. Dems have shown they are not afraid to use military force.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    I agree that Kerry isn't fit to lick the b***s of any E-2 over there now.
    But I do think that Bush is better than the alternative.If you've read "Dereliction(sp?) of Duty"by LTC Robert Patterson,you'll see what I mean.According to him,WH staffers wouldn't acknowledge simple "Good Mornings"from uniformed officers,expected AF 1 to be turned around because the First Daughter couldn't keep up with her schoolbooks in her senior year of high school,and treated the Presidential physician like a Pullman porter,expectiung him to tote luggage.
    You're right.We DO desrve the government that we elect.That's the beauty of the democratic process.Sometimes we elect some real foul balls and other times we elect people that have to clean up their mess for us.
    Only problem with Patterson's claims? His public comments don't quite correlate with the claims in his books. And no one (even his own peers) have ever authenticated any of his allegations.

But if you want to believe his clearly partisan claims, go right ahead.

the 4-1-4

Dems have shown they are not afraid to use military force.

Now that is a funny statement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last

Thread Information