MembersZone Subscriber

Default What's new at the RKB website

The following is a release posted on the RKB website in regards to the HDER program. Thought I pass it on for the folks that have not started their daily check of their CEDAP application.

Homeland Defense Equipment Reuse (HDER) Program Suspends January 2007 Equipment Release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 2, 2007

The past year has brought significant changes to the HDER Program. New partnerships and the subsequent inventory expansion have significantly increased the HDER user base, as well as the quantity of equipment HDER provided to State and local jurisdictions. Since April 1st, 2006, HDER has provided 14,914 individuals items valued at $3,274,152.00 to 39 States and Urban Areas nationwide. The HDER program expansion has been overwhelmingly successful, with new additions on the horizon.

DHS is working hard to improve the program infrastructure and quality control processes to meet this increased demand. In order to implement these enhancements, DHS has decided to suspend the January HDER equipment release. This notification will be posted on the HDER Services Management Tool as well as the Responder Knowledge Base (RKB) to inform all interested parties. Our goal is to have the necessary improvements in place for an April 1st, 2007 equipment release.

The HDER Program has been shaped over the past 3 years by your needs, thoughts and suggestions, and we continue to incorporate as many of those ideas into the program as possible. I encourage you to use this opportunity to provide us with any ideas you may have for additional program growth, as we will be using this time to evaluate and implement additional HDER development.

If you have any questions, comments or ideas, please do not hesitate to contact me at the HDER Program Office (800) 368-6498, and discuss HDER initiatives. We will continue to communicate with you regarding the latest developments in the HDER Program.

Greg Bernard, HDER Program Office

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Bugle,
    Thanks for keeping us on track. Or at least me--i completely spaced out on HDER this quarter!! I'm glad they knew i was busy.

earl

Forum Member

earl
    Whats wrong? nothing in ( ) next to your name.
    You are getting lazy!!

Forum Member

I always enjoy reading what little line you sign off with!

MembersZone Subscriber

Let's see--1 hour of sleep before being toned out last night, back to sleep for about 10 minutes before starting to hit the "snooze button" for a half hour. Yep, lazy. Definitely lazy. What really sucks is that we went to bed just after 9 and i couldn't sleep until sometime after 11:30. I'm not sure the extra couple of hours would have helped, but it sure sounds nice!!

earl (wow, i wish i had the time to get lazier today!!)

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    Let's see--1 hour of sleep before being toned out last night, back to sleep for about 10 minutes before starting to hit the "snooze button" for a half hour. Yep, lazy. Definitely lazy. What really sucks is that we went to bed just after 9 and i couldn't sleep until sometime after 11:30. I'm not sure the extra couple of hours would have helped, but it sure sounds nice!!

earl (wow, i wish i had the time to get lazier today!!)

Try Ambien or Lunesta Earl! Better living through modern chemistry. Of course watch out for those "sleep driving" episodes. We have some crazy lawyer down here currently trying to get his client off on that defense after she crashed her car into her ex-husbands front door, saying she was "sleep driving" under the influence of Ambien.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

This is a great program so I would encourage everyone to take part; wait than that would be less for me.....on second thought never mind.. nothing to see here move along....

Just kidding

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by AFD2181 View Post
    This is a great program so I would encourage everyone to take part; wait than that would be less for me.....on second thought never mind.. nothing to see here move along....

Just kidding
    Oh the times I've thought the same thing. Our POC was telling me that he logged on at straight-up midnight last quarter, by the time he entered one department's requests the majority of the list was gone. He was saying he wasn't sure if there was that many requests or if someone was just picking up things in bulk for another reason. I'm really hoping it was that much need and that many requests. We ended up getting several items we really needed, but not near everything we could have used. Maybe we'll have better luck next quarter.

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone heard a possible date in January on CEDAP awards(first round)?

MembersZone Subscriber

A recent posting by RKBStaff states:

Yes~! We are still looking at the latter half of January for award notifications. As soon as we get any updates from the CEDAP Program Office, RKB will do a posting. Thank you for your patience and good luck to everyone~!

-Sindy

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Thanks onebugle for the info!!! Have a great day!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks. It's a great day for my insurance agent (seeing ^$$$$ in the future). Daughter goes for her learners permit this PM. God help us all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Password Policy Change

FYI: Posting at RKB.

RKB Password Policy Change

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 3, 2007

To all RKB users:

The Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) passed by Congress in 2002 requires all government entities to develop and maintain an information security program. As part of our FISMA compliance plan, the RKB has adopted a new password policy. This policy will take effect at 9AM on Monday, 01/08/2007.

The new policy will require all users to maintain a password of at least 7 characters in length, including at least one letter and one number. If your current password does not meet this new requirement you will be prompted to change it upon login.

Thank you for your cooperation. Please contact the RKB staff at 703-641-2078 if you experience any difficulty.

RKB Staff

MembersZone Subscriber

That is some of the best news i've seen all day!! My preferred password is 7 characters, mixture of alpha-numeric. I hate it when i have to do 8 characters as so many sites require.

RKB operates in just my style!!!!!!!

earl (you know it's a long week when 7 digit PW's generate the Happy Dance!!)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    That is some of the best news i've seen all day!! My preferred password is 7 characters, mixture of alpha-numeric. I hate it when i have to do 8 characters as so many sites require.

RKB operates in just my style!!!!!!!

earl (you know it's a long week when 7 digit PW's generate the Happy Dance!!)

Wow Earl, you really must be bored to get excited about that.
    J.J. Bichard, Chief
    Devola Vol. Fire Co.
    Marietta, Ohio

"A few, serving many"

Thread Information