Thread: Helmet Lights?

Forum Member

Yeah....I'm with the 'crap on helmet guys'...a couple of our guys had hang ups so we got rid of 'em....It'd be nice if you could have a quick connect/disconnect one for 'hands free' light on MVA's, "outside ops" etc...etc...but as for interior ops, no thanks.
    Last edited by lightsandsound; 01-06-2007 at 09:06 AM.
    A vomiting Firefighter is an ugly Firefighter.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by lightsandsound View Post
    Yeah....I'm with the 'crap on helmet guys'...a couple of our guys had hang ups so we got rid of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by SubWay1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jensam433
    too much crap on your helmet could hang you up

I would agree with that, I don't understand why you'd want a light up there anyway, why would it be any better?
    What sort of Fire Dept. do you guys work for...are you a bunch of Keystone Kops? You make it sound like you are getting clotheslined and triped up by having a few small items on your lid.

The reason the light on the helmet works so nicely is that the light is pointed wherever you are looking. Works great when you are trying to force a door in the smoke...or making a search. Also there is no easier way to carry a couple of chocks than in the rubber band on the helmet.

Do what you want...but it works around here quite well.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

The reason the light on the helmet works so nicely is that the light is pointed wherever you are looking.
    LMAO!!! yeah, I understand the concept.... thanks.

And no, we're not a bunch of keystone cops. I have no problem with the rubber band in the helmet...what I have a problem with are the lights that have a big metal clip bolted on to the helmet....they are trouble....
    A vomiting Firefighter is an ugly Firefighter.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by lightsandsound View Post
    LMAO!!! yeah, I understand the concept.... thanks.

And no, we're not a bunch of keystone cops. I have no problem with the rubber band in the helmet...what I have a problem with are the lights that have a big metal clip bolted on to the helmet....they are trouble....
    Just so you know I was refering to the comment from the other poster who asked the question.

FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

After trying out several different makes and models of helmet lights, my volly department just went with Streamlight LED 4AA w/ their full mounting kit. It comes with an extra wide rubber band with holes in it for use with bourkes or goggles, and also comes with metal clips for use on either traditional or salad bowl helmets, and also comes with a lanyard and a few other handy dandy contraptions... I think they retail for $40, and comes ready to use with batteries and everything... helluva good deal, and we are VERY satisfied with them thus far...

Thread Information