MembersZone Subscriber

Smile plisken

Ya probie saw the giant pic of you in another thread, yet I knew who you were before that. Hey thanks for the pics from trng. Les sent them to me. You did good. When I get a line on the test I will pass it on, Also I have some friends in the big D so I will get the scoop. As I said the staffing over the bridge will suprize me if they keep it. Bugets are dropping fast Cloquet is excepting yet paramedic is a ness. Thanks again

Worldwide Menace

Quote Originally Posted by plisken View Post
    Ya probie saw the giant pic of you in another thread, yet I knew who you were before that. Hey thanks for the pics from trng. Les sent them to me. You did good. When I get a line on the test I will pass it on, Also I have some friends in the big D so I will get the scoop. As I said the staffing over the bridge will suprize me if they keep it. Bugets are dropping fast Cloquet is excepting yet paramedic is a ness. Thanks again
    Yeah.. i saw the ad for Cloquet and called them about it.. sadly nowhere near Paramedic right now.. lol... Glad ya enjoyed the pics... if ya would like anything larger, feel free to ask... and thanks for keeping me in the loop regarding the tests..

-Damien

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey DFurtman, Superior should be opening soon, Our list expires in june so the City should be accepting apps soon. Duluth has hired 14 in the last 2 months so their list has to be getting short. I've been with superior for 5 years now, it is a good department, Not alot of retirements cumming up though. In duluth it has become a mass exitess due to the healthcare issue. ? on weather they will hold on to the number in the staffing, might lose 3 engine ( not 3 engines) just headquarters #3 engine, if you have any questions drop me a post I check in every shift to see what people are talking about. catch you later
    3 engine is safe (I'm assigned to that truck right now), as far as I know the talks of cutting rigs on Duluth fire is done. They have hired 12 so far this year and they will be putting 6 more through in the next few months.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Gents Superior FD (city) Here. The city will be taking apps this summer to test this fall. Nice to see a few of us checking in. Be safe out there. Duluth is heiring 6 more off their list soon (we lost 2 guys to them reciently) so their list is about dead, watch the papers and i'll post when I hear anything

Sorry Golzy12 didn't read your post before I piped in. Thats 18 off your current list -. when is the mayham going to stop..?
    Last edited by plisken; 04-14-2007 at 09:57 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Golzy 12 Good to hear from a Duluth FF. Good to hear 3 engine is safe.
    damm glad to hear thought it would get the AX, Hate to loose anything from downtown. When they going to add someone to the point? I would go Bat Sh*t down there. You guys going to hold your staffing levels at current? At least through this fiscal year. Where does Superior send donations to the Stauber for Mayor fund ( Just Kidding ) how about 101,s fund against him. Hey be safe over their and don't be affraid to give us a jingle if you need our help. Be safe and keep your head on a swivel.

P.s Now we are EVEN!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by plisken; 04-14-2007 at 09:59 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Golzy 12 Good to hear from a Duluth FF. Good to hear 3 engine is safe.
    damm glad to hear thought it would get the AX, Hate to loose anything from downtown. When they going to add someone to the point? I would go Bat Sh*t down there. You guys going to hold your staffing levels at current? At least through this fiscal year. Where does Superior send donations to the Stauber for Mayor fund ( Just Kidding ) how about 101,s fund against him. Hey be safe over their and don't be affraid to give us a jingle if you need our help. Be safe and keep your head on a swivel.

P.s Now we are EVEN!!!!!!!!!!
    Funny... It sounds like after they hire these next 6 their not going to be hiring much more for a while. And as fas as I know the staffing levels are going to stay the same. I don't think they will be hiring another guy for park point, it would be tough to justify hiring another firefighter for a station that only gets 100 calls a year, plus any call that sounds like they might need some extra hands 1 engine is dispatched to as well. The park point station is pretty much only there for if the lift bridge is up and other rigs cant get out there. I've heard some interesting stories about the park point station, I've heard its haunted, and that it's infested with spiders, one thing is for sure, it's creepy down there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes it is a old station. looks like it is about to fall over> My inlaws live on 33rd so I go past it all the time. Rumor has it they might build a new one down their. Im not saying hire another guy down their but at least give him some company. Get them a dog. Yet with the taxes those POOR people pay you think they would get more for their money. I pitched to herbie getting them a polarus 4x4 to respond down the beach with but I don't think it helped any. Well be safe and remember us over here. See ya this summer for Boat Trng,( our new fire boat ) I guess we are going to get you all involved.. Later
    Be SAFE!!! Go home when your shift is done and enjoy life.
    This is MY OPINION and ONLY MINE.
    Not my Departments/IAFF/WPFF

MembersZone Subscriber

hey Dfurtman just found out your Dad is Ralph ie butch. spent a lot of time in my younger days standing in the lester with him.. Tell him Bob says hi.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes it is a old station. looks like it is about to fall over> My inlaws live on 33rd so I go past it all the time. Rumor has it they might build a new one down their. Im not saying hire another guy down their but at least give him some company. Get them a dog. Yet with the taxes those POOR people pay you think they would get more for their money. I pitched to herbie getting them a polarus 4x4 to respond down the beach with but I don't think it helped any. Well be safe and remember us over here. See ya this summer for Boat Trng,( our new fire boat ) I guess we are going to get you all involved.. Later
    Yea, rumor has it that their remodeling the station soon, but i guess that has been a rumor for a while now (I can't really say, I'm still really new to the game). 5 engine down on park point is due to be replaced here soon, I was told that their going to be going with something along the lines of a mini or midi pumper on a F-550, nothing has been confirmed yet. i guess one of the perks of being at that station is that your able to do some chick watching when they are on their way to the beach, thats gotta make the guys feel a little less lonely.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yea chicks in cars, Give hm a 4x4 so he can run the beach, then it would be worth it. Otherwise he is stuck watching on the road. Plus the 4x4 would get him on the beach with all his chit to effect rescue when the waves are big. Now he has to hoof it over the dunes with that chit Ya know they arn't getting any younger. Use it to tranport the patient to the gut bucket instead of hauling the PT up the sand by foot. AND It would be dam fun driving in the beach. It would **** the city off, but still dam fun.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golzy12 View Post
    Yea, rumor has it that their remodeling the station soon, but i guess that has been a rumor for a while now (I can't really say, I'm still really new to the game). 5 engine down on park point is due to be replaced here soon, I was told that their going to be going with something along the lines of a mini or midi pumper on a F-550, nothing has been confirmed yet. i guess one of the perks of being at that station is that your able to do some chick watching when they are on their way to the beach, thats gotta make the guys feel a little less lonely.
    OK, been awhile since I was up in yours and Plisken's neck of the woods. Stupid ??? but is 5 engine a one person unit? I heard Duluth had a one person pump, could be wrong on that.

Anyway, I was thinking about heading up that way again this summer. Last time I was there it was getting cold and things were shutting down, I think it was August. (just kidding) Actually had a friend of mine from the Navy from Superior and I was testing for SFD last time I was up there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey jccrabby

Yes 5 Engine is a one man operation, I beleave it is the only one in the country. it protects Park Point. Hows GB doing? To bad for the packers (farv-ras) comming back. Next time your up in the great white north stop in. I did 10 years in the navy as a (AW) rescue swimmer/ Sensor operator. Sh-60B Helos. East coast. I don't miss the B.S.

Worldwide Menace

hey Dfurtman just found out your Dad is Ralph ie butch. spent a lot of time in my younger days standing in the lester with him.. Tell him Bob says hi.

I'm assuming same last name as your own?

-Damien

Worldwide Menace

oh Plisken.. Expect to see me around application time... if anything i could use the practice...

-Damien

MembersZone Subscriber

yes He graduated with my dad, (Bob) I knew sissy, went to school with her.

Get your CPAT. if you don't have it.

Worldwide Menace

yes He graduated with my dad, (Bob) I knew sissy, went to school with her.

Where in the local area can i take that, and will Superior accept DoD EMT-B or must i be NREMT-B?

-Damien

MembersZone Subscriber

Fire tech school should offer it,, Check in EauClair for the Cpat.. As for EMT file resiprocity with the state of WI. You have 1 Year from the thime of hier for your emt,, Cpat is to take the test.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey JcCrabby whats new in Gb?

Forum Member

So SFD went to CPAT then huh? I actually liked the old PAT they did...except doing in the rain...for crying out loud can't you get to 50 degrees in that part of the state?

Oh yeah, nothing like dressing up for an interview and then do you PAT right after. Although it beat driving 5 hours for each.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes the good old days are over,, Someone turned down our heat up hear so getting above 50 is pushing it... Yes sounds like alot of the state is going to CPAT. You know the New and Improved avoid lawsuits (st Paul 2000) type thing.. Ill misss watching the poor guys do the physical in a suit.

Worldwide Menace

Fire tech school should offer it,, Check in EauClair for the Cpat.. As for EMT file resiprocity with the state of WI. You have 1 Year from the thime of hier for your emt,, Cpat is to take the test.
    you don't happen to have a number for fire tech school, do ya?

-Damien

MembersZone Subscriber

look in the phone book,, call the duluth duty desk Maybe or duluth tech college... I would start with duluth tech college ( sorry lake superior tech college) They should Know Ask at the gaurd base I think they own some of the equipment they use for it....
    Last edited by plisken; 04-27-2007 at 01:12 AM.

Worldwide Menace

look in the phone book,, call the duluth duty desk Maybe or duluth tech college... I would start with duluth tech college ( sorry lake superior tech college) They should Know Ask at the gaurd base I think they own some of the equipment they use for it....
    lol... thanks.. for some reason i was thinking there was somewhere in Eau Claire i had to call to find out the info. I'll ask around.. lol.. i work at LSC now..

-Damien

Forum Member

Hey JcCrabby whats new in Gb?
    Well for starters the GBPD had a shooting last Friday/Saturday morning. Cops stated the suspect had a gun, but used his cellphone like a gun and motioned like he was going to shoot...so he was killed. So now it is non stop news around here. Medics got on scene and cops said he was laying on a gun...but no gun when rolled. Also a bystander was hit by a bullet, serious injuries, but alive, somewhere around 33 shots fired (4 cops fired their guns). So I'm sure my taxes will pay for some lawsuits.

Fire wise, there was a house fire early Wednesday morning. Fully involved upon arrival of first in companies. Occupant had some burns and soot in her airway from exposure and 3 dogs dead. Couple nice vehicle fires but basically about it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sucide by police. Well we should alot in news when Cnn gets their hands on it... We have had a couple small structure fires (R&C) and a triple fatal car accident/fire but otherwise All EMS.. Be safe and catch you in the forums.. it hit 75 deg this weekend so summer is comming.. Colder by the lake for the next week so we will have to put on the parka's....

Thread Information