Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by plisken View Post
    yes He graduated with my dad, (Bob) I knew sissy, went to school with her.

Get your CPAT. if you don't have it.
    Where in the local area can i take that, and will Superior accept DoD EMT-B or must i be NREMT-B?

-Damien

Fire tech school should offer it,, Check in EauClair for the Cpat.. As for EMT file resiprocity with the state of WI. You have 1 Year from the thime of hier for your emt,, Cpat is to take the test.
    Be SAFE!!! Go home when your shift is done and enjoy life.
    This is MY OPINION and ONLY MINE.
    Not my Departments/IAFF/WPFF

Hey JcCrabby whats new in Gb?

Forum Member

Get your CPAT. if you don't have it.
    So SFD went to CPAT then huh? I actually liked the old PAT they did...except doing in the rain...for crying out loud can't you get to 50 degrees in that part of the state?

Oh yeah, nothing like dressing up for an interview and then do you PAT right after. Although it beat driving 5 hours for each.

Yes the good old days are over,, Someone turned down our heat up hear so getting above 50 is pushing it... Yes sounds like alot of the state is going to CPAT. You know the New and Improved avoid lawsuits (st Paul 2000) type thing.. Ill misss watching the poor guys do the physical in a suit.

Fire tech school should offer it,, Check in EauClair for the Cpat.. As for EMT file resiprocity with the state of WI. You have 1 Year from the thime of hier for your emt,, Cpat is to take the test.
    you don't happen to have a number for fire tech school, do ya?

-Damien

look in the phone book,, call the duluth duty desk Maybe or duluth tech college... I would start with duluth tech college ( sorry lake superior tech college) They should Know Ask at the gaurd base I think they own some of the equipment they use for it....
    Last edited by plisken; 04-27-2007 at 01:12 AM.

look in the phone book,, call the duluth duty desk Maybe or duluth tech college... I would start with duluth tech college ( sorry lake superior tech college) They should Know Ask at the gaurd base I think they own some of the equipment they use for it....
    lol... thanks.. for some reason i was thinking there was somewhere in Eau Claire i had to call to find out the info. I'll ask around.. lol.. i work at LSC now..

-Damien

Forum Member

Hey JcCrabby whats new in Gb?
    Well for starters the GBPD had a shooting last Friday/Saturday morning. Cops stated the suspect had a gun, but used his cellphone like a gun and motioned like he was going to shoot...so he was killed. So now it is non stop news around here. Medics got on scene and cops said he was laying on a gun...but no gun when rolled. Also a bystander was hit by a bullet, serious injuries, but alive, somewhere around 33 shots fired (4 cops fired their guns). So I'm sure my taxes will pay for some lawsuits.

Fire wise, there was a house fire early Wednesday morning. Fully involved upon arrival of first in companies. Occupant had some burns and soot in her airway from exposure and 3 dogs dead. Couple nice vehicle fires but basically about it.

Sucide by police. Well we should alot in news when Cnn gets their hands on it... We have had a couple small structure fires (R&C) and a triple fatal car accident/fire but otherwise All EMS.. Be safe and catch you in the forums.. it hit 75 deg this weekend so summer is comming.. Colder by the lake for the next week so we will have to put on the parka's....

Hey Gozy12 : How about you guys over there put your fires out before they send that stuff to our land fill... 12 hours standing on a pile of trash ( A BIG PILE OF TRASH) spraying water on the sweet smell of Sh** is not my idea of fun.. Guess the guy responsable for your fire got a 2 for one special.... Glad you boys could share your fires with us, but next time try to keep it in the truck (truck fire ) instead of our whole land fill....... 2 1/2 acres of burning whatever was a little much before breakfast....4:02am We had some fun, single man 2 1/2's with lots of heavy equipment working to keep it out of the woods..... In hindsite we had a great time out there, so were not to ******..... but still try to put the fires out before you send the trash to the DUMP... Thanks ....LOL

Wink

Hey Gozy12 : How about you guys over there put your fires out before they send that stuff to our land fill... 12 hours standing on a pile of trash ( A BIG PILE OF TRASH) spraying water on the sweet smell of Sh** is not my idea of fun.. Guess the guy responsable for your fire got a 2 for one special.... Glad you boys could share your fires with us, but next time try to keep it in the truck (truck fire ) instead of our whole land fill....... 2 1/2 acres of burning whatever was a little much before breakfast....4:02am We had some fun, single man 2 1/2's with lots of heavy equipment working to keep it out of the woods..... In hindsite we had a great time out there, so were not to ******..... but still try to put the fires out before you send the trash to the DUMP... Thanks ....LOL

Yea, Sorry about that. I was at that fire for about 5 or 6 hours before my truck was cleared. It ended up being a 12 hour call, our runoff was bright green so we had to shut down operations. We thought we had a haz mat on our hands but it just ended up being some highly concentrated non toxic dye. Bun hey, I'm glad we could share with you guys.

Ya No prob... We had fun... Next time give us a heads up so we can be pro-active and get to it before it gets big again.... Later and Thanks

hey Gozy what are you guys doing over there. Thats about 1 fire a day adv for the last week... Thanks for saving my locksmiths place.... why don't you guys share the pitch some our way.....

Yea, it got kinda busy there. We had three house fires in one shift, the second fire happened literally 20 seconds after we got back to the station form the first one. And then the shift after that we had the dump fire. I'm not sure if their have been any other fires since then, I'm on my 6 off so I'm out of the loop right now.

Oh yea, and we did pitch one your way, if it wasn't for us your landfill wouldn't have burned.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hello all fellow wisconsinites

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey JcCrabby... We are doing the trench tech class right now, with Collapse in july at the volk, Have you gone to the volk yet or is this in your schedule??

Any word on negotiations with the state yet???

Forum Member

Hey Plisken,

I get to go to Volk in October and November for collapse training. I had a chance to go in summer, but decided it may be better if it is a little cooler out for that. Cooler for me would be like temps you get daily

As for hearing from state, there was a meeting last Friday, but I was unable to go. Don't know if there is new word, but should hear something when I go to Trench.

When are you going to Volk?

I still may have to get up to the Duluth-Superior area this summer. Can't really afford going all over. I may have to stop in at some point.

Stay safe brother.

Hey JC: I go in July back to back weeks, It will be like going to florida for me, Thin the blood up a little and get rid of last winters fat stores. Broke the 190 ,mark OH Sh** im FAT: maybe get a tan::: we are 1/2 through trench for the second time in two years but I guess that will be our speciality, broken between us and eau claire... Getting up here, still to cold for you southern boys, you might melt, get frost bite, or hypothermia... With gas the way it is I blew my allowance turkey hunting... Going to be short trips with the boat... well before you come up e-mail me: It might be nice to put a face with the chat.. later
    Last edited by plisken; 05-27-2007 at 03:00 AM.

Forum Member

thanks for the email...but aww shucks..now I feel unwanted

Anyway, I'll look you up before going.

Another thing though about the trench. You stated you think that will be your specialty. We are with Appleton, Neenah-Menasha and Oshkosh for our task force. So far, there has been no discussion as to anyone having a specialty. Heck we don't even have specialties for the guys within our own dept. I just feel like a jack of all trades right now. Nothing wrong with that, but I know I'm stronger in some areas of tech over others, so specialties would be nice to have. Also, right now, we don't even know how a response will go out, so that still has to be worked out. As another guy put it...It is like building a four story building, but the foundation isn't in place yet. We get all this training, but don't know how we'll respond if needed. Just wondering if it like that for the northwest as well?

Thread Information