+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last
    Forum Member

Default Where are all the wisconsinites

Hey every one, i have noticed not alot of activity on wisconsin's threads. I am starting to get into firefighting, and i was just wondering what is going on around the state? What's going on with Stations hiring, and when are dept's going to be hiring?

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm from WI. I just took my practical for firefighter 1 today. So now that I'm certified in that a few more doors will open up for me. Also takin my EMT-B in spring.

I know Madison is hiring. Apps are due by Jan 12 I think. That's the only big city dept. I know of.

Forum Member

hey clark, congrats and nice to hear from another cheesehead. I was just in madison about 2 hours ago for the open house. I have already applied, and cant wait to go through the process. Very nice facilities there, and awesome people to talk to. Let me know what you do, and another thing where are you from?

Forum Member

hey Clark Did you take yours at WCTC??? I Took Mine on the 6th as well. and what dept. are you on. I Belong to the Ashippun Fire Dept.

Forum Member

Howdy Fellow Cheddarheads!

I am from Tomahawk, however at the moment I am displaced to Balad Iraq for the next 300 days or so. Up to the point of my career change I was a firefighter EMT for Nokomis Fire in Northern Wisconsin and a full time Paramedic for Lincoln County Ambulance Tomahawk Division.

Stay safe and good luck in your career aspirations.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MMedrow21 View Post
    hey clark, congrats and nice to hear from another cheesehead. I was just in madison about 2 hours ago for the open house. I have already applied, and cant wait to go through the process. Very nice facilities there, and awesome people to talk to. Let me know what you do, and another thing where are you from?
    Thanks. I'm from Oak Creek, just south of Milwaukee if you aren't sure. It's about a 40 minute drive from Brown Deer. Are you on a dept?

Quote Originally Posted by Runn11 View Post
    hey Clark Did you take yours at WCTC??? I Took Mine on the 6th as well. and what dept. are you on. I Belong to the Ashippun Fire Dept.
    Nope MATC. I don't belong to a department yet. Possibly getting a POC job with South Milwaukee. Would be nice for the time being until I get a full-time job somewhere.

Good luck in Iraq Medic. I'm sure you'll make all of us and the rest of the country proud.
    Last edited by clark918; 01-20-2007 at 03:48 AM.

Forum Member

Just reading a couple threads there, so to those looking for a job, good luck. Also don't give up, try to get as much education as you can. That includes getting on a volly dept, get EMT, even medic.

As for looking for jobs, if you look into www.firerecruit.com that will give you info on who is hiring. It worked for me. Also, Green Bay will be hiring in April and there is talk of several retirements this year, so possible to have 2 hirings this year.

As for Madison, good luck to you. The written test is OK..most of it is psychological. The physical is pretty tough, but not bad if you work out. I went to school at MATC Madison, so I was at those facilities quite a bit. Anyway good luck to you all.

Forum Member

ya, i will see how it goes hopefully it wont be to bad, they said the written test is pretty much psychological. Just wondering if anyone on here is going to be going through the process for madison. It would be nice to meets some fellow brothers trying to get onto the dept.

Forum Member

I think everyone from Wisconsin are still Crying that the Bears are in the Superbowl and they won't have Brett Favre next year.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Sorry Ollie...breaking news Farve is coming back. HAHAHA

Forum Member

Default Menomonee Falls

I am from Menomonee Falls in their fire department. Taking FFI at WCTC in Pewaukee. Welcome all fellow WI firefighters.

Forum Member

you are from the falls, i work their as a police aide right now. Also are you full time or are you POC, or stand by. I was thinking about going on stand by for the falls they have a great crew out there from what i have seen. Are you going to madison for the testing, or staying with the falls.

ALSO FAVRE IS BACK!!!!!

Forum Member

Default Written Test for Madison

Got back from taking the Madison Written test, and i would have to say i feel i did pretty well. It only took me about 2 hours to complete, and we had 3.5 hours to complete it in. Anyone else take the test as well.

Forum Member

Default Applications Process

I understand the Village of Mt. Pleasant is taking applications. Racine Wisconsin area.
    Contact Lori Swenson @ 262-554-8812
    lswenson@mtpleasantwi.gov

Worldwide Menace

Hey guys.. another wisconsonite here. I'm with the Town of Superior Volunteer Fire Department... also a member of the 148th Fighter Squadron Fire Department across state lines in Duluth, Minnesota. Just returned from the Department of Defense Fire Academy with FF1 and 2, Hazmat Ops, First Responder, and ARFF certifications.

nice to meet y`all

-Damien

Forum Member

Hi Damien...nice to have you here..GB here. I applied for SFD...I liked the Twin Ports area.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Wow, there are firefighters from Wisconsin

Good afternoon everyone!
    I'm FF/EMT-IV in Wales/Genesee
    Glad to see there are some here from home.
    Tom Laumann

the 4-1-4

Glad to see there are some here from home.
    Oh, there are a few of us lurking about.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MMedrow21 View Post
    you are from the falls, i work their as a police aide right now. Also are you full time or are you POC, or stand by. I was thinking about going on stand by for the falls they have a great crew out there from what i have seen. Are you going to madison for the testing, or staying with the falls.

ALSO FAVRE IS BACK!!!!!
    hey sorry it took me so long to get back.

I am Station 1, brand new, finishing up Fire I, am paid on call and I live on right off of shady lane.

My full time job (where I am now) is working for an life insurance company as a project manager, I really like my job, so I won't be going full time in fire.

The falls DOES have a great crew. I love it.

Worldwide Menace

Quote Originally Posted by jccrabby3084 View Post
    Hi Damien...nice to have you here..GB here. I applied for SFD...I liked the Twin Ports area.
    Thank you.. I am planning on applying for the City of Superior FD as a Career as soon as they open up applications.. May also go for Duluth Fire or Minnesota Fire (Up at the Duluth Airport), but that may be a while... I love this area.. and hopefully plan on staying in this area.

-Damien

MembersZone Subscriber

I took the Madison test as well. Hope I did okay. I just had an interview the other day for a POC position at South Milwaukee. Went well.

Forum Member

hey clark, thats cool that you had an interview with south milwaukee i was going to apply with them. I had an interview about 2 weeks ago with Thiensville POC thought it went well, so we shall see. i wont know anything until March to see if the village board approves. By the way Clark where do you live?

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm from Oak Creek. I just got a call today to schedule my physical, which is Friday. So everything is going great so far. If you want to work POC for SM, then you would have to move closer. They just recently moved the limits out to Oak Creek and Cudahy because they couldn't get enough South Milwaukee residents. I'd say give them a call if you're willing to relocate. They Chief is a great guy. Where's Theinsville? Good luck with that though.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up plisken

Hey DFurtman, Superior should be opening soon, Our list expires in june so the City should be accepting apps soon. Duluth has hired 14 in the last 2 months so their list has to be getting short. I've been with superior for 5 years now, it is a good department, Not alot of retirements cumming up though. In duluth it has become a mass exitess due to the healthcare issue. ? on weather they will hold on to the number in the staffing, might lose 3 engine ( not 3 engines) just headquarters #3 engine, if you have any questions drop me a post I check in every shift to see what people are talking about. catch you later

Worldwide Menace

Quote Originally Posted by plisken View Post
    Hey DFurtman, Superior should be opening soon, Our list expires in june so the City should be accepting apps soon. Duluth has hired 14 in the last 2 months so their list has to be getting short. I've been with superior for 5 years now, it is a good department, Not alot of retirements cumming up though. In duluth it has become a mass exitess due to the healthcare issue. ? on weather they will hold on to the number in the staffing, might lose 3 engine ( not 3 engines) just headquarters #3 engine, if you have any questions drop me a post I check in every shift to see what people are talking about. catch you later
    thanks..

lol.. i just read your other post and realized who you are.. I have pictures for you and Les... this is "Probie" from the Flashover training this last weekend.

-Damien
    Last edited by DFurtman; 03-14-2007 at 10:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Thread Information