Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default age info and help....

I have read a ton of threads and Iam looking to summarize what Iam looking at and hope to get a few questions answered. Iam living in Saint Louis, Missouri

I am a 35yo ex AD Army...Iam looking to re-enter the reserves to go to the DOD school @ goodfellow AFB in texas. I am currently seeking a career change to a civilian FF ....i will be going to the DOD school this spring..through the Army reserves.

Upon leaving Goodfellow-
    I will recieve IFSAC (International Fire Service Accreditation Congress) certifications for Firefighter I/II, HazMat Operations and Awareness, and Airport Rescue and Firefighting. Is there anythning left out that I would receive upon graduation that any one else knows? Beside emt-b or para what else will I need

I do not qualify for the city of Saint Louis by age...but all the other muncipal area fire departments have different age requirements any place to see this in a summary form by state or city? I would be willing to move to get in due to my age...I am not old but damn they make it hard...lol....is there a listing by states or cities that also show if the DOD school tranfers over to civilian area fire departments.

Thanks for everyones time and help.......

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Los Alamos NM does not have any age restrictions, we are expecting to start another cadet academy in June 2007. If you apply and are accepted, you might qualify to do a lateral class or you may have to do the full 22 week academy. The dept works a 56 hour week. starting Jan 14 we are going to the 48/96 schedule.

No departments in Florida have age restrictions, or so I'm told. . However most paid departments I know of would require you to attend their academy regardless of your current certs. But! Check in to Cape Girardeau's fire dept. I know they plan to hire in the next month or two and they do honor the FF 1 and 2 certs.

http://www.cityofcapegirardeau.org/o...e/default.aspx

Good luck bro!
    Last edited by pkfd7505; 01-05-2007 at 10:48 AM.

PKFPD
    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

MembersZone Subscriber

Joplin, MO doesn't put age restrictions on. I don't believe Springfield does, either. However, both require EMT (medic preferred). I know Joplin just got a public safety tax passed that will allow the hiring of 35 new firefighters over the next five years to fill two new stations. email me if you would like some more info.

Forum Member

Anyone else have info on missouri fire depts and either age limits or DOD school transfers...outside of Saint Louis.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by payton185 View Post
    Anyone else have info on missouri fire depts and either age limits or DOD school transfers...outside of Saint Louis.....
    I included this in an reply I sent to your PM, but as I recall Republic and Branson (which I hear both may be hiring) I would doubt have restrictions. I would bet you'd find that most don't in the state.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    I included this in an reply I sent to your PM, but as I recall Republic and Branson (which I hear both may be hiring) I would doubt have restrictions. I would bet you'd find that most don't in the state.
    didnt recieve the PM send again please...thanks..

Thread Information