Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Incident Command scenarios powerpoints?

I am trying to find some powerpoint presentations involving Incident Command for Industries. I am one of the training officers for my company's ERT team. Can someone lead me to a web site or somewhere I can download something that would be interesting as well as informative for industry type environments.

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by shajoe44 View Post
    I am trying to find some powerpoint presentations involving Incident Command for Industries. I am one of the training officers for my company's ERT team. Can someone lead me to a web site or somewhere I can download something that would be interesting as well as informative for industry type environments.

Thanks
    ShaJoe44

I am part of ERT in private industry as well. We deal with chemical, medical and fire. Also have a strong search and rescue team, but thankfully, no collapse buildings for us to go through yet.

What exactly are you looking for? The Incident Command System that we use in private is the same exact one that the FD uses. If you are looking for specific incidents and how that played out, I might be able to point you some direction.

What type of private industry are you involved in? What are the hazards you are dealing with?

Anthony

Forum Member

We use the same ICS as the public agencies use also. I am in the papermill industry and was looking for something that more suited a situation that might happen in an industry environment vs a wide spread public disaster. Most all of our inceidents will never go past a small operations level. We have had a few warehouse fires and chemical spills. But nothing that has lasted over 24-36 hours.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by shajoe44 View Post
    We use the same ICS as the public agencies use also. I am in the papermill industry and was looking for something that more suited a situation that might happen in an industry environment vs a wide spread public disaster. Most all of our inceidents will never go past a small operations level. We have had a few warehouse fires and chemical spills. But nothing that has lasted over 24-36 hours.
    Take some pictures of areas your people would be familiar with and then put a timeline of events happening.

Show the area, set the stage and then every few minutes add a new verbal or written inject of information. Let the imagination of the crews take over from that point. Let them react to the scene you create for them.

I have seen this done with table top excercises for Homeland Security. You could also tape, figure out a way to inject video from actual players to be projected up using a TV or computer/projector setup.

Thread Information