MembersZone Subscriber

Default I need some sound advice!

I'm a volunteer firefighter and a recent graduate of a fire academy. I have tons of certs, an emt, and a class b DL. I have been testing aggressively for a full time paid position and going through all the crazy ups and downs that come with it. The question is over the past three years I have managed to get 2 speeding tickets(both were for 5 mph over the speed limit) and 1 driving infraction. I know your thinking, what an *** you should slow down and pay attention. I agree with you, trust me, but how much is this going to affect my chances for getting hired on. Because of my class b, in California your not allowed to take driving school to get the points removed. What should I do?

Forum Member

Each department varies really, but I think the general rule is no more than 3 speeding tickets in a year so you should be ok, but than again I don't know how California does it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjashleyjr45 View Post
    I'm a volunteer firefighter and a recent graduate of a fire academy. I have tons of certs, an emt, and a class b DL. I have been testing aggressively for a full time paid position and going through all the crazy ups and downs that come with it. The question is over the past three years I have managed to get 2 speeding tickets(both were for 5 mph over the speed limit) and 1 driving infraction. I know your thinking, what an *** you should slow down and pay attention. I agree with you, trust me, but how much is this going to affect my chances for getting hired on. Because of my class b, in California your not allowed to take driving school to get the points removed. What should I do?
    You're probably still OK, but consider taking a safe driving hands on course to demonstrate you wanted to improve your driving. If it comes up you have something to back up your sincerity.
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Forum Member

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thread Information