Forum Member

Talking New England Patriots...

The New England Patriots

Just
    Ended
    The Jets
    Season
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Oh dear. Ray will be cryin' in his beer.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    The New England Patriots
    [B]
    I hope the Patriots get blown out sometime between now and the AFC Championship game. They won't make it past the Chargers... Guarranteed.

For the record. I'm Steelers fan... I know I have no where to talk.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just got home from the Pats game and it was great. Crowd was pumped and I thought very cordial to the poor Jets fans that were in attedance. Chargers will be tough but Pats will prevail. Indy looked like ***** last night and Peyton will still never win the big one. The Pats will meet the Bears at the big dance and it will be the same result as their meeting a few weeks ago. Pats on top!

MembersZone Subscriber

I thought it was a pretty good game... at least until mid-3rd quarter. Cunningham made some good plays especially to Cotchery. If nothing else they exposed some weakness in the Pats secondary.

Going against the Chargers is going to be rough. I hope it is a good game.

Forum Member

It will be Chargers at Bears for the SuperBowl, and the Bears are gonna come out on top. Grossman will be at the top of his game, and the Bears awesome defense will shut LT down.

Being a White Sox fan, and a Bears fan, its been a good few years to be me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OlieCan View Post
    It will be Chargers at Bears for the SuperBowl, and the Bears are gonna come out on top. Grossman will be at the top of his game, and the Bears awesome defense will shut LT down.

Being a White Sox fan, and a Bears fan, its been a good few years to be me.
    I also think the Chargers and Bears will face off in the SuperBowl. Chargers on top though. Bears cannot stop LT.
    Like I said before, I'm a Steeler fan but for the playoffs, I'll go for the Chargers. LT is clearly the cleanest player in the NFL and obviously one of the best.

Sorry to hear you're a Sox fan... and a Bears fan.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

I don't understand why we are still discussing football. The football season ended way back in November. Shouldn't we be talking about hockey?

the 4-1-4

I hate to bust Chicago's hopes, but even if they make it to the big dance, there is no way they will beat Baltimore.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    I hate to bust Chicago's hopes, but even if they make it to the big dance, there is no way they will beat Baltimore.
    Baltimore?

Who said anything about Baltimore. Chargers are the team to beat

MembersZone Subscriber

The team to beat:

Patriots

Chargers tried....came up short.....bring on Indy

Forum Member

Looks like I was off... big time. I thought the Pats would have troubles against LT. I was wrong... way wrong.
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

Talking

It was an ugly win.. but a win nonetheless!

We unplugged the Chargers... Now we have to corral the Colts!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Of the four games last weekend, the Pats/Chargers game had me on the edge of my seat the whole time!
    From the Pats perspective it was an UGLY game. Defensively it seems like they had a hard time stopping LT, though looking at the stats the Chargers were limited to 4.5 yards per carry. While watching the game it seemed like they were getting a lot more, some of those holes were huge. Offensively the Pats had a hard time getting anything going. How many 3-and-outs did they have? The Charger D did a good job protecting the pass and stopping the run (51 yards?? uhg).
    What saved the Pats is that Brady is probably the best Comeback quarterback in the league and the Pats D heald the Chargers to a 3-and-out in their last possession. That and a fumbled interception.
    This weekend should be interesting. Both the Pats and Indy showed some weakness last weekend. Should be a good game.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

MembersZone Subscriber

No fumbles, different outcome.
    BE SAFE
    Before Everything, Stop And First Evaluate

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Year of the Gator!!

It's gotta be those Gator receivers playing for the Pats. Great to see Reche Caldwell, Jabbar Gaffney, Chad Jackson and Kelvin Kight stepping up and playing so well.

Don't like the Pats (still depressed Cowboys fan) but they sure are tough to beat come playoff time.

It will be interesting to see if the Colts/Patriots game comes down to a Adam Viniteri field goal?!?! Sure the Pats fans fear that scenario?!?!

Anyway heres to a great game. Go Gators (receivers) !!!!!

Forum Member

Message deleted
    Last edited by FireBuffR1L2E3; 01-19-2007 at 04:59 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Uhg... what an aggravating game.

The running game (both offense and defense) in the 2nd half was atrocious. How many times was Maroney stopped in the backfield? Against a team who couldn't stop the run all regular season!
    -3dd

Forum Member

Talking

I know I'm new here, but I have to put my comment in. GO INDY!!! WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!! Okay, I'm done now.

Forum Member

I actually thought it was one of the most entertaining games I've ever watched once the Colts performed a successful Heimlich and got the bone they were choking on coughed out

Yep, Patriots didn't win. We also had run up a 21-3 lead against a terrific team, and didn't surrender the lead until 1 minute left to play. And all of Indianapolic continued to live in utter fear until Brady was picked off with 20 seconds left. Yeah, Patriots had some problems, so did the Colts. Those mistakes cancel out...although Caldwell is lucky we don't live in a society where the cutting off of hands is acceptable practice

We're 6 years into one hell of a run -- and this year we did very well compared to where we were in September. Pickup up some younger bodies to start learning from Brusci and Vrabel before they retire, and a few other tweaks ... it's not some pipe dream to say a couple more regular season wins, a bye, and homefield isn't a realistic hope for next year.

Yeah, 8, 9, 10 years and the run will peter out. I just suspect it's not quite dead yet.

Congratulations to the Colts and I hope they win the Super Bowl so we don't have to hear whining about Manning anymore

Lest you think I'm going soft, as a UConn & Red Sox fan...Duke & Yankees still suck.

Forum Member

Im glad the Colts are going to the Superbowl as well, Manning however will not be able to pull one off on Da Bears. They are just too strong...

Forum Member

Not the way they played against the saints! Grossman's rating was a 39.8 at the end of the first half! Thats horrible. I think the superbowl will be a good one.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmatian190 View Post
    I actually thought it was one of the most entertaining games I've ever watched once the Colts performed a successful Heimlich and got the bone they were choking on coughed out
    Well said. I don't know what changes the Colts made at half-time, but it worked. And while I would have preferred a different outcome, the game was a hell of a lot more exciting then the Saints/Bears game.

At least now the stress is off for the Superbowl and I can actually enjoy it. Who's having the party?

Oh, and go Colts!
    -3dd

Thread Information