Forum Member

I heard from a good source that Seagrave has been given the verbal and it will be under contract in the next month.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruckz View Post
    I heard from a good source that Seagrave has been given the verbal and it will be under contract in the next month.
    I cant see how the city could justify spending $90K per truck extra to go with Ferrara.
    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firepiper1 View Post
    I cant see how the city could justify spending $90K per truck extra to go with Ferrara.

There not there going with seagrave.

Forum Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruckz View Post
    There not there going with seagrave.
    I was at the " Seagrave Sales & Service office in East Brunswick , N.J. about 2-3 weeks ago picking up our pumper from getting serviced, and talked to a few EVT guys and they said that they still had the F.D.N.Y. contract for year 2007.Also there were between 8 - 10 new pumpers, aerials & towers in the fenced in yard behind there shop all new FDNY trucks getting lettering & stripping done!...
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 01-21-2007 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
    I was at the " Seagrave Sales & Service office in East Brunswick , N.J. about 2-3 weeks ago picking up our pumper from getting serviced, and talked to a few EVT guys and they said that they still had the F.D.N.Y. contract for year 2007 !...
    Thats what I heard also

MembersZone Subscriber

Should be interesting to see the new rigs once they are delivered.. Also has anyone heard of the FDNY going away from using the whalen all LED bars???

Master Firefighter

I believe that one of the rigs was seen with a LED Vector lightbar from federal signal. This is the same lightbar that NYPD is using on some of their vehicles.

http://www.fedsig.com/products/index.php?id=239

MembersZone Subscriber

Never, never, never understimate the determination of a certain individual from the State of Louisiana. If he wants something, he will get it sooner or later.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

Forum Member

chris ferrara?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by STATION2 View Post
    Never, never, never understimate the determination of a certain individual from the State of Louisiana. If he wants something, he will get it sooner or later.
    His determination isn't the problem it sounds like the price is.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by STATION2 View Post
    Do you know if FERRARA has a sales & service center near New York City to handle a large amount of repairs with FDNY apparatus !

Forum Member

Do you know if FERRARA has a sales & service center near New York City to handle a large amount of repairs with FDNY apparatus !
    No, but I know someone who said "Please tell me we weren't low bid."
    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firepiper1 View Post
    No, but I know someone who said "Please tell me we weren't low bid."

Would that be Ferrara?

Forum Member

Talked to a Firematic Rep (Long Island/NYC area Pierce dealer) They did not bid at all on the engines. He said they didnt want to get involved with the engines and were just concentrating on the Rescues at this time

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Taz288 View Post
    Talked to a Firematic Rep (Long Island/NYC area Pierce dealer) They did not bid at all on the engines. He said they didnt want to get involved with the engines and were just concentrating on the Rescues at this time
    Why would they " PIERCE " give up a large 60 engine order ? Even Kme bid on the LA County order of over 100 units and got the contract!...Maybe Pierce " overbid " the contract $$$$$$$$$.
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 01-27-2007 at 07:07 PM.

Forum Member

Why would they " PIERCE " give up a large 60 engine order ? Even Kme bid on the LA County order of over 100 units and got the contract!...

I know I thought that was funny from what I have heard on here Pierce is the best choice

Forum Member

From what I was told Firematic sells around 60 trucks a year they already have their hands full with new stuff coming in every week. There are almost 200 depts on Long Island and a large # of them use Pierce. I dont know what other dealers around the country or even the tri-state area deliver each year but 60 seems like a lot for such a small geographic area. They are one of the largest in terms of volume Pierce dealers in the country. Another issue probably would be that they would have to build another shop to accomodate the doubling in volume and possible in house work they would do, and their facility is quiet a ways out east from the city line. They are probably almost an hours drive from the city line
    Last edited by Taz288; 01-27-2007 at 07:48 PM.

Forum Member

From what I was told Firematic sells around 60 trucks a year they already have their hands full with new stuff coming in every week. There are almost 200 depts on Long Island and a large # of them use Pierce. I dont know what other dealers around the country or even the tri-state area deliver each year but 60 seems like a lot for such a small geographic area. They are one of the largest in terms of volume Pierce dealers in the country. Another issue probably would be that they would have to build another shop to accomodate the doubling in volume and possible in house work they would do, and their facility is quiet a ways out east from the city line. They are probably almost an hours drive from the city line
    When you give it some thought, it's probably a very smart business/management decision on Firematic's part. Harking back to my days in the gas station business (high school, despite what FWDbuff says), I recall a term we used called "worshiping the God of Gallonage." The oil companies would try to whipsaw you into increasing your monthly gallons of gasoline sold by getting you to lower your pump price. But they wouldn't lower the tankwagon price to you. But if you, the dealer, did lower your price and increased your gallonage enough, you had to hire more help to pump it. That, in turn, increased your cost per gallon of selling the stuff and decreased your margin. If you weren't very careful, selling more could wind up costing you money

I have to think that Firematic sees something similar. In order to win the contract, they'd have to drop the price per unit drastically. And what I hear of FDNY warranty requirements, the cost to service each unit would increase considerably. So Firematic's profit per unit would be very small, if any. Why get into that kind of a deal when they can sell all they can handle on the Island, with a very nice per unit profit margin. Truly smart business persons know when to walk, and this looks like the time. "...know when to hold 'em, know when to fold..."

Stay safe out there, everyone goes home!
    Last edited by chiefengineer11; 01-27-2007 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Clarity

Let's talk fire trucks!

I dont know what other dealers around the country or even the tri-state area deliver each year but 60 seems like a lot for such a small geographic area. They are one of the largest in terms of volume Pierce dealers in the country.
    For comparison's sake, Singer Associates, which is the Pierce dealer for VA, MD, DC, and part of WV currently has 79 Pierces being built for Virginia customers alone.

Forum Member

Found this picture on a local FD's page.....they were there to check out their new rescue
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

Maybe a new Rescue Me rig?
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Yea after reading the other thread about rescue 1 I figured that out...

MembersZone Subscriber

I stumbled on to right after I posted. Wasn't trying to be a Mr. Obvious, I just guessed...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Until FDNY changes their spec calling for a stationary cab Pierce won't bother bidding becasue they have nothing to offer. All of the Pierce cabs at this time are the tilt style.

Forum Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sven73 View Post
    Until FDNY changes their spec calling for a stationary cab Pierce won't bother bidding becasue they have nothing to offer. All of the Pierce cabs at this time are the tilt style.
    The new FDNY pumpers are to be built on a " SPILT TILT " cab & chassis .

Thread Information