MembersZone Subscriber

Default DEC 2006 - NREMT Results

Message Removed From User
    Last edited by martz847; 12-29-2008 at 03:35 PM.

Forum Member

i agree their test is nothing but bull but i guess it is reassuring that these new EMT's know what is the most correct way to treat something. I had to take the NREMT test and passed to first time so i know exactly what your going through. I took my test in December 05 and had my results online within the first two weeks of 06. it was about another 2 weeks to get them in the mail and at least another month to get my illinois license. stay with it and check their website daily and your results should be showing up shortly
    also it depends on how quickly your site sent off the tests. I am not sure where you took the test but if they didnt get the test off quickly then it could take longer.(i took mine at my school (college) because we were the regional testing site and they got them off quick)
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Forum Member

Took mine Dec 13th in Rockford, IL...had the results back Jan 3rd. As said above it depends on where you took it and if everything got sent away immediately after. I can only imagine the holidays threw a wrench into the deal. Good luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

Content Removed
    Last edited by martz847; 06-07-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Forum Member

Martz, I took my test at COD last year because that is where i go to school. I had my results the first or second week of january '06. That "old fart guy" is the coordinator of our fire science program. He has the right to be tired and hungry because he does a lot of stuff during the day. On top of trying to answer student, faculty, and administration questions he also teachers 2-3 classes a semester and he is a very good teacher (he taught my alarms class this past semster). Martz how long have you been in the fire service??? I have read some of your posts and you kind of seem like you have a major chip on your shoulder. Are you checking the NREMT's website for your grades??? College of DuPage is a very good school and a very good program with great teachers. Just sit back and chill because if you think its taking a long time to get your results from the NREMT just wait till you have to wait on your license from IDPH.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

Forum Member

Unhappy Still waiting, too.

We had 10 people in our Mountain Home, AR class ready to take the test. Six of us took the written in Little Rock, AR on 27 Dec. The rest were going to wait til after Jan 1 to take the CBT. As of yesterday, still no results for us who took the written, but one of the guys who took the CBT has his results already. I found that NREMT cashed our checks on Jan 2nd. Still no results. The instructor called and he said NREMT is overloaded with folks who took the test just before CBT started, that they are trying to catch up. Maybe 4-6 weeks before posting....

Forum Member

Default martz847, did you get your results?

What was the date of your EMT-B written? Did you get your results yet?? Thanks

Forum Member

I sure am glad I did not have to take the NREMT exam 10 years ago. The state of Florida had there on testing system. I paid like 10 dollars extra and they handed me my grades within 10 minutes of being finished.
    Marshall Griffiss EMT/FF
    Chaires Capitola Fire Rescue
    Tallahassee, Fl.
    www.stitchingbydesign.net
    Washington Lodge #2 F&AM
    Past Master
    Ham Radio: N4DOG General Class
    IACOJ

Forum Member

IL state license showed up yesterday. They moved pretty quick IMHO...

You guys ever get your results??

MembersZone Subscriber

Content Removed
    Last edited by martz847; 06-07-2010 at 09:30 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by martz847 View Post
    I took 1st NREMT exam 9/11/2006 and did not pass. I took my 2nd attempt on 12/18/2006 and got my results just before Feb hit and I passed. During the month of Feb. my IL State License came so I have the NREMT and IL EMT-B license. I just wasn't a big fan of the whole process. Now IL has elimiated the NREMT process altogether.
    So, this story had a happy ending afterall.
    Congratulations to you and congratulations to Illinois for coming to their senses.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason View Post
    So, this story had a happy ending afterall.
    Congratulations to you and congratulations to Illinois for coming to their senses.
    CR
    dont jump to that conclusion CR. i guess they hired a company to write the test and its just as bad as the NREMT.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterox View Post
    dont jump to that conclusion CR. i guess they hired a company to write the test and its just as bad as the NREMT.
    Hoo boy!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

and i guess if you started with the NREMT you have to keep going with the NREMT which means you have to find a sylvan learning center that will do it and pay them to take the test. if you wanna take the state test you have to write an essay about why you should get to take the state test instead of the NREMT.

Unhappy Nremt Cbt

I just took my NREMT CBT yesterday. The new test is for the birds! The content in the test was nothing I have ever seen. Gawd, it sucked!

Thread Information