Forum Member

Default Equipment mounting

We are in the process of equipping a 2007 sutphen shield pumper and looking for ideas on mounting tools and different equipment. and how your compartments are set up. pics or description would be appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

What we're looking at doing on our new truck is utilizing the Pac-Track system. We really didn't want to drill holes all over the truck to mount things and then decide in the future we want to rearrange and drill more holes. I think we figured it'd take around $1,000 or less to cover all of the compartment backs, so compared to a $200,000 truck it's not too costly of an investment in our eyes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firersq615 View Post
    We are in the process of equipping a 2007 sutphen shield pumper and looking for ideas on mounting tools and different equipment. and how your compartments are set up. pics or description would be appreciated.
    You can also use plywood its really cheap and in inexpensive. Add a little sanding and a medium to light colored stain and some gloss and it looks really sharp, it will also give some of your guys some pride if you let them do it they will really feel they had a hand in helping put the equipment on the new truck.
    I recommended a lighter color stain so its easier to see the equipment at night but I know some depts that have used the darker colors and are happy with it also, it would be what you would prefer.

Forum Member

Definately plywood. I used Rustoleum Fleckstone with a light mist of gloss gray to get it to match the Pierce spatter paint pattern. Set the truck up in 2001 and it still looks good.
    E.

Forum Member

Default Also

You can get pull out tool-boards as well. They are much more expensive, though. I have also seen slim pull out trays with the tools pointing into the body. Will try and find pictures.

Forum Member

What is your budget? A good mount job can cost upwards of $10,000 depending on how fancy it is. Im in the process of mounting all the tools on a quint, Im mounting irons, hooks, belts in the cab. All the fittings, hand tools, hyd. tools, basically all the equipment will be mounted due to organization, and saftey factors. I have about $2200 in mounts alone, not to mention labor. If you do it yourself, have the tools, and fabricating knowledge, you can save on labor. Most mounts don't come with the mounting hardware, the ones that due, the hardware is junk, I use all stainless fasteners. Do Not skimp on the mounts in the cab, very unsafe. I use PAC, Sensible Products, and Zico mounts.
    A good website to go and look at is www.summersbrothers.com they have done some good work, I use them for ideas, and supplies.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Slide out trays

Here is a picture of a vertical slide out tray from the City of Montgomery (OH). The trays were designed by Summit Fire Apparatus, and the boards themselves are PAC. Any manufacturer should be able to make the trays, and it was pretty easy to install the PAC mounts.

Iluv4201
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Default Heavy Duty Tool Organizers

Take a look at this website: www.ctvfire.com . Click the tab Respond Ready. It really helps maximize compartment space.

MembersZone Subscriber

We used the Pac-Trac mounting in our unit ,and it has worked out very well for us. I'll try to educate myself and see if I can put pictures on here for you,but I'm not going to promise anything.

MembersZone Subscriber

we have our tool's mounted on it's either stainless steel, or aluminum hangers that we made ourselves. then these was mounted on a light stained piece of plywood, it look's really sharp, works nice if you have shallow compartments, only problem we really have is the bigger adapters falling off at times. I will try to get some pics the next time I am at the station for you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Here's a few pics of our truck.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by dday05; 01-13-2007 at 08:12 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Equipment Mounting

Hey DDay, nice pics. They look great, not to mention the equipment mounting. Later V.

Thread Information