+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... Last

Thread: 100 Hours?

Forum Member

Default 100 Hours?

Will someone please wake me up when the dems get around to starting their "first 100 hours"? I just assumed it would be the actual first 100 hours but apparently that was just a clever name for "whenever we get around to it" This should be fun to watch. You screw up the very first thing you promise????
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Forum Member

Wink

I was listening to NPR on the way home yesterday and they said that the "100 hours" had begun. They didn't say when but I guess it is a start.

Forum Member

First 100 hours they work...or total of 100 hours they work this year?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

You mean to tell me they have a pill now that keeps it up for 100 hours?

Ah, , I'm gonna burn for that one.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Forum Member

Um yeah. You expect things to change?

Don't waste your time. Nothing is going to change. You can go back to taking your nap.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Cool Uh, Yeah??.............

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    First 100 hours they work...or total of 100 hours they work this year?

You don't really think they'll actually work 100 hours this year, do you?......

Good News: Fewer hours worked = Fewer Screwups.....
    Last edited by hwoods; 01-10-2007 at 12:31 PM.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Didn't they take Monday off so a couple Representatives could watch their alma maters play in the BCS game for the chamopionship?Sounds similar to a 747 on the tarmac while the President gets his haircut to me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    You don't really think they'll actually work 100 hours this year, do you?......

Good News: Fewer hours worked = Fewer Screwups.....
    Yeah, but by working fewer hours and having fewer mistakes.......It just means that they will have to make BIGGER mistakes in less time.

As we used to say in the Corps........B O H I C A. And not even any lube. My wallet aches at the prospects of government screwups.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Its not the QUANTITY of the mistakes that matters, it is the QUALITY.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    Its not the QUANTITY of the mistakes that matters, it is the QUALITY.
    Well,with this many newbies involved thinking that with a majority they are God's own mandate to the country,I'm thinking we're in for some gawdawful screwups in the years to come.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah; it's going to be fun watching the country pay for putting Pelosi in as Speaker of the House.
    Remember; she is THIRD in the line of succession. And she isn't about to settle for third.
    Don't worry; it will be a Republican house in two more years. You'll see.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason View Post
    Yeah; it's going to be fun watching the country pay for putting Pelosi in as Speaker of the House.
    Remember; she is THIRD in the line of succession. And she isn't about to settle for third.
    Don't worry; it will be a Republican house in two more years. You'll see.
    CR

I hear that if anything happens to Dubya and Cheney,the Secret Service have orders to shoot Pelosi.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    I hear that if anything happens to Dubya and Cheney,the Secret Service have orders to shoot Pelosi.

We could only be so fortunate, not about "W" that is. But the Dims in my great state voted Byrd in for a record 9 times so I'm not holding my breath that we get control again in two years. One can only hope though.

Forum Member

I hate Politics. End of Story.
    FireFighter/EMT
    Rescue 1

IACOJ
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post

We couldn't be so lucky as to get rid of her. I'd love to have some words with her and let her know how things really are and how they are not like she sees them.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Forum Member

Oh, and we haven't paid enough in blood and billions under the idiots you supported??
    Yawn.

Forum Member

I knew it would not take long for the other side to get ahold of this one and start yet another tirade of dribble. Lets face it; politics and the military are not a good mix. One is supposed to be a control on the other and the military is supposed to march to the tune of their orders but the plans are never complete. Go to war and win, okay now what, oh, now we are the police okay now what? I support the military 100% but the politicians just don't get it and never will. If you stay the course the liberals aren't happy and neither are some of the conservatives. If you leave and the country falls apart and say Iran charges in and takes over now there is a real mess. Catch22. The plan needs to be complete and incompass a whole thought and strategy from start to finish. If the military is given charge of doing this they should be able to have the plan in place but if they only have half the plan then only half the job gets done until someone figures out to give them the next step. Its' not about Democrats versus Republicans; it is about elected officials actually representing the will of the people and in the abscence of the people being able to come to grips then representing by the Constitution guidelines, some common sense and logic(like that will ever happen) and doing ehtically, morally and frugally what is right.

Thomas Jefferson and a few philosphical thinkers of the past have come to the conclusion that if the government gets out of control there should be a revolution by the people(governed) to cast off such government and that revolution is from time to time necessary to purge the idiots.

To make a couple of quotes taken from the walls of the capital:"The only Legitimate right to govern is an express grant of power from the governed" William Harrison.

" The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal well-meaning but without understanding" Louis Brandeis

Now then, who wants to be first to start the revolution?

Throw out the bums and start over with some real leaders.

Forum Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Obama run in the next election and do well. The only trouble is, I heard on the news today that he might be a closet smoker. That isn't the trouble though. Pelosi just banned smoking in the Speaker's lobby as part of this "first 100 hours" and I'm concerned it might take its toll on him.

As far as hoping the Secret Service has orders to kill anyone, that's a little drastic. All they have to do is keep making it harder for congress members to light up after a stressful debate and the folks on Capitol hill are gonna be physically strangling each other anyway. Anyone ever see the movie Cold Turkey?
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Oh, and we haven't paid enough in blood and billions under the idiots you supported??
    Yawn.
    It should be fun to see your reaction when the Dems carry on as it is now.

Oh wait...they might actually lose this war to make a point - never mind.
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

IACOJ BOD

So when do you discuss something serious?

LIKE.... Hmmmm.

A thread about what would happen if you all got over your regional, city, hicksville poo, and started to seriously push for a true national standard that was FREE for any station and a combined integrated national structure?

A situation where it didn't matter from South/North/East/West you were predominantly operating from the same song book?

Connectivity of equipment and its use worked from coast to coast, in the main?

Commonality of main equipment and centralised purchasing means lower cost per unit of whatever, and greatly reduced cross training etc?

Bite my butt if you want, RANT and HONK about 'We got da best".

Try disgusting those questions around the table and lets see how long you can do it withous playing political BS.

Untill YOU get an idea or strategy to work with, all the talk is DUST.

PS. The all-blinking-eye will be lurking to derail you (scon me if I am wrong).
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

Oh wait...they might actually lose this war to make a point - never mind.
    The Iraq policy was a failure from day one...and nothing that happens now could ever make it anyone else's fault, except Bush and his minions. I see where Chimpy McFlightsuit is willing to send even more of our people to die for his pipe dream. And I just love how the righties are now shifting the blame for failure onto the Iraqi people themselves. Nice.
    Hey, did they ever find them ol' WMD? You know...the ones that Bush and Co. said they knew EXACTLY where they were?

Forum Member

The majority of Americans voted for the Dems. The majority of Americans think Bush's Iraq policy is a hugh mistake. The majority of Americans wants us out of the war. So Pres. Numbn*ts and some other id**ts wants to send more soldiers to Iraq.

In my book of mental disorders, that man is delutional. He wants to be a great leader but instead is the greatest of the worst.

MembersZone Subscriber

As was said earlier, its a Catch-22.
    The policy as it stands now is clearly not working, and now that the Dems are in the majority they're threatening to pull funding. They want to see a withdrawl of troops and have been driving public opinion to that end for quite some time.
    On the other hand, it is clear that if US troops pull out, the current Iraqi government will crumble and filling its place will be something more like Somalia, but funded directly by Iran and Syria.
    It sounds like the current plan by the Prez is to increase troop commitments in the area but also give the Iraqi government notice that they need to step up by November. This is certainly a better plan then simply pulling out and letting the area fall apart.
    I don't agree that all of the blame lies on the local Iraqi government, which seems to be the latest Republican scapegoat. I do think that some of the blame lies there since they seem to be content to take advantage of US troops, but also restrict them severely, maybe to the point where they can't get the job done. I think there is a certain amount of playing both sides (US troops, local militias) against eachother by the Iraqi government.
    Since we can't completely withdraw with some very bad things happening, we can't stay the course since it obviously isn't working, what we're doing is telling the Iraqi's that they have until November to step up and until then we'll increase our involvement enough to get the job done. Hopefully in November we either see significant reduction in violence or a reduction in our own involvement.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Not got a whole lot to add to this conversation except to somewhat echo voyager9 in a bit of a short few words. What is about to follow is something that came up during a conference that was held here in the Embassy a few months ago. General Hillier, Chief of Defence Staff (Sr Canadian Military leader) and LT General Petraeus, (CG Combined Arms Center) both said something very similar.

They each made reference to the war in Iraq and in Afghanistan and in each, they commented that our presence there was to aid in preventing either country from becoming a "Failed State". Failed State was defined as a nation which, due to internal political and societal upheavals was not capable sustaining its own infrastructure and that the government was not capable of supporting its economy. There was more to it than that, but this is what 3 months of memory loss does for a person.

I dont necessarily agree, but then neither do I disagree with any of whats been said above, (I can find argument to support each side more or less equally) but I will always wonder if there is/was a better way to do business.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    I dont necessarily agree, but then neither do I disagree with any of whats been said above, (I can find argument to support each side more or less equally) but I will always wonder if there is/was a better way to do business.
    Hind-sight is always 20-20. I'm sure there was a better way the US could have gone about Iraq. You could easily argue, and most would agree, that we should have known better, had a better plan, or simply should not have been there in the first place. You could also argue that all of this is a result of the political agenda of .

All of that is moot in my opinion. We are there, we have made a mess of it, and the worse thing we could probably do is leave it in the state it's in now. I feel like a lot of people are trying to take advantage of the mistakes of the past to influence future political power without looking at how their actions will affect the current, and future reality.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... Last

Thread Information