Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Local-345

Default Forcible Door Training

Lookin to Build a training door for forcible entry training. What if any ideas do you guys have. What types of locks should i include in training?

MembersZone Subscriber

I would first look to your district to see the forcible entry problems that you may face.
    I forgot the name I think it is a power jamb? If it is the same device I was thinking of it is nice because it uses the same tools and techniques for conventional forcible entry that you use in real life.
    If you can I'd include a heavy duty hasp for padlock training as well as a deadbolt for through the lock work.

Forum Member

Josh, check out the Friction Force -forcible entry training door at allhandsfire.com. I have used one, and they are very durable and well designed, built to withstand tons of abuse, and pretty realistic. There are some good pictures on the site that show how it's put together, which should give you some good ideas. Click on the details and images links on the top left for the pics when you find it.

Forum Member

The training door by friction force is the best you can get - AWESOME. Many federal agencies and major cities are looking at them or have acquired them. They are incredible- I have used them at training sessions and really liked the reality - really fun too.

The guy I know that has alot of experience with them is a firefighter and sells the product - Tim. Great guy and experienced firefighter in CT - he is really awsome with forcible entry training. Why re-invent the wheel? They have something that is great....

check out the Friction Force -forcible entry training door at allhandsfire.com
    you mean this...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

That would be it Bones.. They can take a pretty good beating..

Forum Member

I'm the training officer for my department and I'm looking at spending some end of the fiscal year money on this unit. I've seen the videos on the website and it looks like a great piece of training equipment.

My goal in the next fiscal year is to build up our hands-on training equipment. I remember hearing a phrase something to the effect "Don't tell me how to do it, show me". I feel that hands-on is the best method for learning many of our tasks on the fireground.

Anybody got ideas for a roof simulator, peaked and flat?

Thanks
    Bob

MembersZone Subscriber

Default XLTbob

I sent you a PM

MembersZone Subscriber

Does anyone have any plans to built their OWN training door? I want on with a metal door that can be forced many times over. I took a class with a homeade one, and it was great. I forget the instructors email to see where he got it.

Any ideas?

Do a search and you'll see what our company made for training. It's strong, works well, and cost about $200. 3 hours to fabricate.

MembersZone Subscriber

Also check out www.theinforcerllc.com

Thread Information