Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Can you help me get this started.

I already searched for this topic but did not see what I needed. I am asking for help to start a program to educate my district on the importance of numbering mailboxes and houses. I can start from scratch but I was hoping to get maybee some newspaper ads or other things that I can cheat off of and maybe any ideas where I can get free, cheap vinyl numbers for the elderly etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

There is a community group "Ruritans" not sure if you have something like that around you, that does the program for us, it cost's I believe $7.50 for a reflective address number sign. We hand out papers with info on them at any f.d. function we have, and they will also hand them out and also have a few on display at any dinner's or any functions they have, it's a good program. it is not just for there area either as there is a lot of people in our area that has taken advatage of this program, which has worked out really good for the area. if you have any more questions pm me.

I also found this website, I believe they might be the same company that they use. http://www.interstate911.com/911%20SIGNS.htm
    Last edited by fire0099881; 01-11-2007 at 01:49 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Numbering houses or lots

We sell marker signs as a way to promote marking house and lots. We are 98% rural area (cover just over 100 square miles) in southeast Indiana. We order the sign material 6" X 12" with a reflective green back ground and the white reflective numbers from the same company. Sell them for $20.00 and they cost us 18.50 to make. We did not start it to make money, makes it so much easier to find the location. Let me know if you want the vendor information and I will email it to you.

Forum Member

If you have the mailboxes on one side of the road to ease the Post Office job,make sure to add an arrow showing whether the address is on the same side as the box or across the road.
    Fires are pretty easy to find but having only lived in my volunteer district for 8 years,if I was told "It's right next to the old Harper place."unless I knew which Harper place they were talking about,responding would take a little while.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Fires are pretty easy to find but having only lived in my volunteer district for 8 years,if I was told "It's right next to the old Harper place."unless I knew which Harper place they were talking about,responding would take a little while.
    or the one that says goes past where this place used to be, then you will go a little farther there is a big rock there "jimmy hit it with his truck years ago" make a left right after that, you'll go past johnson's farm, there is a road right past it make a right, and it will be right next to bubba's place!!! hahahaha

MembersZone Subscriber SWLAFireDawg's Avatar

Reflective numbered signs are county mandated in our area......but nobody does it.....usually when we take an excessive amount of time to respond to a house without the sign.....and we tell them why it took so long....the entire street has them within a few weeks.

We are currently doing a fundraiser for our vollie dept where we go door to door selling them for 15$....the dept makes them up for $5 each........and we educate the public on the need for them at the same time.

Thread Information