MembersZone Subscriber

Default FDNY List # 2043

The current FDNY thread is getting a little crowded with chatter about the new test and the next list.

Here's one just for 2043:

Into the 4200s with Med/Psych dates

Who has new updates and news? Has anyone's employers recieved reference checks?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanoobs View Post
    The current FDNY thread is getting a little crowded with chatter about the new test and the next list.

Here's one just for 2043:

Into the 4200s with Med/Psych dates

Who has new updates and news? Has anyone's employers recieved reference checks?
    I was thinking the same thing. recieved my dates too. hopefully we will get into the class after march.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm done everything and just waiting for them to call my number. low 3200's

Forum Member

Thumbs up

33##'s here. looks like everything is a go for the march class. last i heard is March 5 and they're looking to put in 300 people. It's gonna be a big class hopefully. after this last class they put in, the ratios look like they'll be back to 1:2/3 so maybe they'll get up to the 3600 range give or take a few.

START RUNNING! RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN. make sure you can do your pull-ups/sit-ups/push-ups for the first day! don't be that guy that goes on remedial for something stupid. from what i've been told you DON'T wanna be on remedial...especially for an extra 5 weeks now! march is going to be 18 weeks...then the class after that will be 23...then the one after that a 26 week academy! Hope to get into the soonest one!

best of luck to ALL!

MembersZone Subscriber

Any idea what they are adding into the class to make it 18 weeks?

Forum Member

From what i hear there is a high-rise class being put in. I don't know how true that is though.

MembersZone Subscriber

No real idea what they're going to be adding, but there is a lot of speculation. Codes classes, enforcement and some people have said EMT, but that unlikely.

All in all it doesn't really matter to me. It's all a means to an end. They can make the academy a year for all I care, just get me there.

Forum Member

No real idea what they're going to be adding, but there is a lot of speculation. Codes classes, enforcement and some people have said EMT, but that unlikely.

All in all it doesn't really matter to me. It's all a means to an end. They can make the academy a year for all I care, just get me there.
    AMEN, BROTHA.

Forum Member

42xx Here. No med or psych yet. Does anyone have any idea as to when I MIGHT get called for the med/psych?

Good luck men.
    Keep the faith.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

This is off the official FDNY home page:

Future Probationary Firefighter Classes (subject to change)

March 2007
    Eligible will come from Firefighter Lists #2043, #0532, #4532.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefg View Post
    42xx Here. No med or psych yet. Does anyone have any idea as to when I MIGHT get called for the med/psych?

Good luck men.
    Keep the faith.

with the way they've been hammering people into their offices figure within a month or two after this march class goes in. good luck!

Forum Member

You guys aren't EMTs? Does the FDNY do First Responder runs?

- Fixer

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxer View Post
    You guys aren't EMTs? Does the FDNY do First Responder runs?

- Fixer
    Since about the mid 90s(it was gradual boro by boro and call type) the job has been doing CFR-D runs(certified first responder-Defib). We are trained only to the CFR-D level.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    Since about the mid 90s(it was gradual boro by boro and call type) the job has been doing CFR-D runs(certified first responder-Defib). We are trained only to the CFR-D level.

FTM-PTB
    CFR-D is enough for me, i would hope to think they plan on keeping FDNY a real fire department.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink

A "real" fire department, haha. What? You don't want to be a firefighter/paramedic?

Me niether!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingofdahill View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. recieved my dates too. hopefully we will get into the class after march.
    What list # are you. Just trying to figure out when I will get called for the psych/med.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefg View Post
    What list # are you. Just trying to figure out when I will get called for the psych/med.
    i'm in the 4,1xx's

MembersZone Subscriber

Had medical today, tough, but passed. All set pending blood and urine tests. Keeping my fingers crossed

4400's

Forum Member

Had medical today, tough, but passed. All set pending blood and urine tests. Keeping my fingers crossed

4400's
    kanoobs whats your deal? You said you had your medical today yet your 300 guys over me. On top of that some of your other posts don't match up either. For example you stated in your posts that you had your initial interview way back on august 7. Then I read where you just handed in everything in novemeber. Which one was it? Again I had my interview in late august I just cant see how your jumping ahead of everyone with everything.I have my medical scheduled for early feb. and guys in the 3,800 are just going next week. Even if they were just filling spots in the medical there are alot of guys that would have to refuse it before they got to the 4,400's especially when someone in the higher 4,200's was asking about dates so that he could estimate when he could be called. I hope your being truthful with us throughout this process with posting good info and not bullsh**.

MembersZone Subscriber

Okay, easy with the questioning. I had recieved a phone call from home saying that a packet had come. This was last summer and I immediatly posted here. When I got home I found out that this was NOT the information for packet turn in. I recieved that packet in October. I turned in all of my information on Nov. 28th or 29th, I can't remember. We were told 2 months for an investigator and 5 or so for med/psych. I don't know why I had my test today.

My best guess is this:

They have guys who are lower in the list already scheduled. They needed to go higher do to guys not showing up. The had an open day and just stuck the next group (mine) in whenever there was an opening. I'm sure it was out of conveniance for the folks at BHS and has nothing to do with hiring. I think it was pretty past minute. Everyone who was there recieved the letter for the medical yesterday!!! One day's notice.

Just so you know, 20 guys were scheduled to show up and only 12 did. Be there at 6:45 sharp or they will cut off entry.

Sorry if my one entry from August put you off. That was bad news becuase I thought I had something I didn't.

Everything else is up to date.

Anyone have anything new?

Forum Member

For those taking your medical, what time did you have to be there in the morning? Also, what time did you get done with the psych?

MembersZone Subscriber

Med: Had to be there by 0645. No exceptions. Done a little before noon.

Psych: Haven't done it, but they tell you to plan for 6 hours and I've heard that it's usually at least 5 if not the whole 6.

Forum Member

anyone hear anything about the dates for the swearing in for the march class?

MembersZone Subscriber

I just saw Feb. 26th posted as the swear in date. Who knows though. I'm just anxious to see how many people they push through to get 300 hundred. I'm PRAYING the ratio of 2:1 gets much higher, much......

Forum Member

4400's
    How did you do on the stepmill? How strict were they?

Thread Information