Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Firefighter/Instructor

Default Sex with co-workers

Its a sad time when the fire dept. has to have a policy on relationships with co-workers. Were not in high school any more. If two peolpe whant to have a relationship that work together, while not keep it to yourselves or while not transfer off the same platoone/shift or work day. Let alone the same house!! Were not in high school any more we are profesionals that are held to a higher standard. If we cant controle are emotions than we have failed. I have been in love, we all have, but there is a right place and right time for everything. If firefighters and officers continue to make poor decisions, we are going to get treated like a bunch little horny teenyboppers in a strict catholic high school dance. I hope my dept. does not add a policy to the every rising stack becuase of somthing stupid like this. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by jsteinke17 View Post
    Its a sad time when the fire dept. has to have a policy on relationships with co-workers. Were not in high school any more. If two peolpe whant to have a relationship that work together, while not keep it to yourselves or while not transfer off the same platoone/shift or work day. Let alone the same house!! Were not in high school any more we are profesionals that are held to a higher standard. If we cant controle are emotions than we have failed. I have been in love, we all have, but there is a right place and right time for everything. If firefighters and officers continue to make poor decisions, we are going to get treated like a bunch little horny teenyboppers in a strict catholic high school dance. I hope my dept. does not add a policy to the every rising stack becuase of somthing stupid like this. Enough said.
    Maybe you need to stay in school a little longer to learn to spell.

The work place it not the place to have a sexual relationship blooming.

If you want to dip you wick, then there is plenty time to do this off the work site.

Donít bring this problem to the fire house or work place. This isnít the place for it!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsteinke17 View Post

Well, like they always say....dont crap where you eat.
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Well, like they always say....dont crap where you eat.
    I agree......

I can honestly say that I have never "dipped my pen, in the company ink." LOL
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Forum Member

Don't F*ck where you make a buck!!!

Forum Member

Hi there,

As the other's have said previously, alway's check your spelling prior to posting. A post with poor grammer and spelling will recieve less attention and be taken less seriously. I've been guilty of it myself, just a friendly tip.

As for your work situation, I agree with the rest of them. Sexual relationship being cultivated while at work between you and another employee is not appropriate. It can affect your ability to work proffessionaly with that person while on a scene. Now, if you're talking about the rule's applying to no outside of work relationships between two employee's, that is something employor has no right to have any say or control over. I can understand
    the employor strongly recommending to not date fellow employee's to keep things of a proffessional spirit, however in the end the choice is up to the two adults.

Godbless, take care

Jeremy
    Firefighter/CFR-D
    Assistant Director
    Emerald Hose Co. # 4 of the
    City of Cortland Fire Dept.
    Cortland, New York, USA
    FASNY member

Remember when this exact same topic, with the exact same post was already made? I do.

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=86765

Thread Information