Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default NYC Mayor SCUMBAG!!

If anyone had any doubts what a waste of human existance Mike Bloombag is...this should remove all doubt!

This is the same man who said 9-11 afflicted firemen and police officers were looking for a "Free Lunch" in regards to having them and their familes taken care of if they should fall ill with 1 or more of the umpteen diseases many are expected to endure in the following years.

There is a special place in hell for this animal.

FIRE WIDOW RIPS MIKE'S 'CRUEL' TIP
    By CATHY BURKE
    NEW YORK POST

January 14, 2007 -- At a ceremony marking the first anniversary of the Black Sunday tragedies, in which three firemen lost their lives in two separate blazes, Mayor Bloomberg callously admonished the widow of one of the fallen heroes to "move on," New York magazine reports.

Jeanette Meyran, who became an advocate for safety ropes for firefighters after the Jan. 23, 2005, Bronx blaze that killed two firemen, including her husband, Curt, bitterly recalls the mayor's brusque advice.

"Jeanette, you have to stop this crusade," the mayor is quoted saying in the magazine, due out tomorrow. "It's been a year. You have to move on. Curt would not want his widow to live this way."

"I appreciate your concern," Meyran replied. "But how does that help me and my children?"

Bloomberg looked away and said, "Take care of this woman," before leaving.

"There's a protocol for the FDNY widow," the mother of three said. "You're in shock, then you go away. I'm not following that protocol."

FTM-PTB
    Last edited by FFFRED; 01-15-2007 at 07:36 PM.

Forum Member

What a lowlife piece of dogs#it.
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

It's two weeks and a day into 2007 and Bloomturd already has a solid lock on the "mutt of the year" award!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post

"There's a protocol for the FDNY widow," the mother of three said. "You're in shock, then you go away. I'm not following that protocol."
    That says tons right there.

I can't imagine the guys in the three members' house have forgotten. Is your "Mayor" ready to tell all of them to move on?

MUTT.

We need a "Mutts Most Wanted" list. ****** like him would all deserve to be "#1"
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Perhaps it was taken out of context? It is the media after all. Let's not be judgemental until the full article comes out. Oh wait, it's the fire service. We believe everything we read/hear/see.
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Wow, i didn't think Bloomberg can stoop this low. He is a *****, and he needs to shut is big-fat millionaire mouth up. He doesn't know how it is to lose a love one, in that kind of situation.
    Bloomberg:
    -Closes Firehouses
    -FDNY paycuts
    -Bashes a widow, whose Husband passed away, doing a job to save lives

Quote Originally Posted by Moediaz View Post
    -Bashes a widow, whose Husband passed away, doing a job to save lives
    Even if he didn't do any of the other things........................ ....this just takes the cake. What a nutjob!

FTM-PTB
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Bloomberg's comments demonstrates indifference to the notion that there are people out there who want to advocate the safety of firefighters. It isn't costing Bloomberg any of HIS millions and to date, what has it cost the taxpayers of NYC? Pennies?
    How anyone could trivialize the efforts of this woman who honors her husband's memory and the memory of other fallen firefighters through her advocacy is disturbing.
    He isn't a mutt; he is the excrement that FLOWS from a mutt.
    We can say "mutt", can't we?
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Disillusioned Subscriber Steamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason View Post
    We can say "mutt", can't we?
    CR
    Only if it's not libelous or slanderous.

I'd say you're safe.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Savage / Hyneman 08'

He shall go to the special hell, the one reserved for child molesters and people who talk in the theater.

Quote Originally Posted by DianeC View Post
    Perhaps it was taken out of context? It is the media after all. Let's not be judgemental until the full article comes out. Oh wait, it's the fire service. We believe everything we read/hear/see.
    Diane...Bloomturd is no friend of firefighters...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thumbs down

And I thought our Mayor sucked b/c of hampering us building a new house. This guy makes our Mayor look like an angel. I can imagine someone having the gall to say that to a widow of a falled brother. As said before, there's a special place in hell for this looser!!!
    It's a jungle out there. You have to watch out for number 1, but be careful not to step in number 2! - Rodney Dangerfield

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

Forum Member

First off God bless the widows and the families. Stay strong and do not give up.

Can you impeach a mayor?

Why does he show up to promotions, graduations, medal days, tributes like for Captain T.H. (RIP), but his actions are non-supportive of the department?

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    Even if he didn't do any of the other things........................ ....this just takes the cake. What a nutjob!

FTM-PTB
    He closed a few Firehouses, and then had the nerve to tell opened Firehouses to increase there response time. He also did paycuts to the FDNY and NYPD, it sparked a protest a few years ago.
    He thinks he can get by, because he donates some of his money to the city, and doesn't recieve any kind of pay for his job, because he is already a millionaire, if not, billionaire.

He thinks he can get by, because he donates some of his money to the city, and doesn't recieve any kind of pay for his job, because he is already a millionaire, if not, billionaire.
    ...Yet, morally bankrupt!
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

He closed a few Firehouses, and then had the nerve to tell opened Firehouses to increase there response time. He also did paycuts to the FDNY and NYPD, it sparked a protest a few years ago.
    I think he asked the active firehouses to DECREASE their response times I'm not FDNY so I didn't see the order.

Bloomturd wants faster response times. All this while hanging any chaffeur who gets in an accident out to dry and reducing staffing on the initial assignment due to closed houses. Deputy Chief Vincent Dunn did a study years ago that showed you need two fully staffed engines to properly stretch a 2-1/2 inch line. Bloomturd doesn't give a s**t about our brothers in NYC. God Bless the FDNY (not Magoo).
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Why does he show up to promotions, graduations, medal days, tributes like for Captain T.H. (RIP), but his actions are non-supportive of the department?
    That's what I'm wondering. He shows up to FD services to have his face seen, then turns on those same people. That's total disrespect and a slap on the face to firefighters.

God bless Jeanette Meyran. She must be a strong woman.

Quote Originally Posted by mky915 View Post
    First off God bless the widows and the families. Stay strong and do not give up.

One word.......politics.
    Rumor has it he might run for president. Heard that on TV one day. I hope not.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    One word.......politics.
    Rumor has it he might run for president. Heard that on TV one day. I hope not.
    I heard that too..................... we can only hope that it wouldn't work out if he did.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

If that were so it would make two losing propositions from NY running for Prez.Bloomin' idiot and Billary.Loooosers! T.C.

Thread Information