Forum Member

Default HELP, in serious need of some used bunkers

anyone have or can get some used bunker gear? i am 6'1 and 180lbs. i volunteer for a small (very poor) volunteer fire department and am scared of wearing my bunkers, they are old, (pants made in 1978, coat made in 1984)
    frayed and torn. my coat is to large and my pants are too short. i think i need a size 44 chest, 35 length coat, and 34 waist by 34 length pants. my department does not have the money to buy used ones let alone new ones. i am hoping to buy my own so that i feel safe when i have to do an interior attack, as of now i am very scared and do not trust my gear!!!!! anyone that can help is greatly appriciated. thanx

It looks hot in there

how about Ebay..

MembersZone Subscriber

Where are you located?

MembersZone Subscriber

ChicagoFF has some for ya....

sorry........try searching the net. I know there is one site that does just that, get equipment from other departments and gives it to people that need them. I just can't remember the name of the site...
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

Default used bunkers

i am located in lawton, oklahoma

Forum Member

I have a pair of NEW globe bunker pants, your length too...Black with yellow stripes. $100 includes the shipping. I am sorry I don't have suspenders for them. contact me at cschnupp (@) globe.edu

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by hulen007 View Post
    i am located in lawton, oklahoma
    Well, my initial train of thought may not end up working. Anyway, it looks like I'm getting ready to get a grant to replace all my bunker gear. I'll have a number of sets that are in OK (not great, but not shot, either) gear I'd rather someone get some use out of rather than throw it in the dumpster. Give me a couple of months to make sure what's going to happen and what my council is going to allow me to do (liability and all that jazz) with the old stuff and drop me a PM or email or something and maybe I can help a little more than just one guy out.

I know where you're coming from, I've been there myself. I've had a number of department's/people who I can never thank enough for help that won't let me thank them how I'd like, so I try to pay it forward, so to speak. You also might keep an eye on the grant forum and do some searching on there for info on the "HDER" program. I've heard word the next quarter's list is going to be a nice improvement. There might be some info, and I'm sure some guys, that can probably help you get your department some ways to stretch your dollar.

Forum Member

Hulen007,

I'm a firefighter with Paradise Valley in your County. We might have an extra pair of used bunkers that we can give you. They were given to us awhile back but we got 20 sets of New gear..

I'll see what I can find.

MembersZone Subscriber

Have you guys looked at any grants available for gear? That may be an avenue.

Forum Member

pvfd10, that would be great, i always have my radio, if you have some you can reach me there or email me @ drhvacr@attwb.net and i will meet you or come to your station to get them. let me know. thanx chris

Forum Member

ameryfd, we have applied for grants through fema, and either did not get it or have not been awarded any yet. we were going to just buy some, however we blew up a motor in one of our trucks and we have spent the money to get it back on the road.....i just dont want to wait forever to get my NEW gear and take a chance on being burnt, hurt, or killed due to insufficient gear that is outdated and frayed/torn. i have been looking for other grants i can apply for, however, i have not been able to find any. do you know of any out there? or does anyone else know of any?

Forum Member

And this is why I'm in the fire service here a guy needs one set of bunkers and not only he gets one but possibly more for the rest of the dept in just a couple of days, its a great time when you can help out a brother

Forum Member

I have a pair of Janesville Turnouts, yellow with yellow reflec tape, in good condition, that i would consider donating as long as you pay shipping. I also have a pair of black turnout pants with yellow stripes, brand new. If you need to contact me shoot me a email at firemanlandon1@aol.com

BTW on the jacket the size is the following, 42-35-53.
    Ill get you more info on the pants ASAP.

Thread Information