Thread: Amazing Video

Forum Member

Default Amazing Video

I'm goign to attempt to embed a video but if it doesn't work, I have included the link.

This is a video from LA. Extremely amazing.
    May be a repost. If it is, sorry. I just found it. First time I've ever seen it.

http://ebaumsworld.com/2007/01/insane-accident.html

Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

WHAT THE!?!?!?!?!

I've heard stories like this, but DAMN!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

HOLY CRAP!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

kinda like a story i heard about a few years ago. three people were trapped under a car crushed by an overturned tractor-trailer. The first arriving engine officer was approached by civilians saying that there were people alive in the car. after a hell of a job by the crews on-scene, all three people were rescued, alive. afterwards, it was found out that they had no more than 2 feet of room from the floor to the top of the car.....
    First in, Last out, nobody left behind.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by res54cuecaptain View Post
    kinda like a story i heard about a few years ago. three people were trapped under a car crushed by an overturned tractor-trailer. The first arriving engine officer was approached by civilians saying that there were people alive in the car. after a hell of a job by the crews on-scene, all three people were rescued, alive. afterwards, it was found out that they had no more than 2 feet of room from the floor to the top of the car.....
    Sounds kinda like a story my Dad told me...he was the officer on the rescue and they got dispatched for a MVA. Well, there was a stop sign at the bottom of a large hill, and stopped there was an old couple in their car. They didn't see the dump truck fully loaded with gravel speeding down the hill at them. The truck had no brakes so he tried to swerve the truck away from the intersection, but ended up rolling the dump bed right onto the car. Same thing, after a long rescue, the people were pulled alive from underneath.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Ask that man what next weeks lottery numbers are!! (A similar job occurred near London a few years ago where an articulated lorry overturned onto a car. It was only after removing some of the load the crews confirmed there was a vehicle under the truck, which had completely covered the car and the trailer was level with the road!)
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Forum Member

If it was my beater car ('92 Volvo 240) I could've driven away afterwards

It's actually not that surprising -- the sides of most trailers I've been in are awful crappy construction. Just good enough to keep the weather out.

Now...when I saw the canvas sides, I was expecting wood or steel or something that gets loaded by forklifts from the side and they want to keep water and road grime off...I wonder if the boxes were from a backhaul after dropping off a load of something else???

Permanently Removed

Thats because LA CITY kicks ***!

FIGJAM

I remember reading about one in a mage a few years back where they did what this crew started to- removing the load. They then went through the wall of the trailer to access the car...

Pretty amazing!
    Luke

MembersZone Subscriber

Yea, those soft sided trailers usually haul lumber around here, so its not a breathtaking of video as one might expect. Still give credit to the rescuers for doing a fine job, but just nos as dramatic had it been something else.

Forum Member

I'd have to imagine that he had to be somewhat short because when they lifted the truck off it looked like he was slouched down in the seat. What kind of car was he driving? It must have had a 5 star crash test rating!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCN5 View Post
    I'd have to imagine that he had to be somewhat short because when they lifted the truck off it looked like he was slouched down in the seat. What kind of car was he driving? It must have had a 5 star crash test rating!
    I couldn't find what kind of car it was. I tried looking for it after I posted it. I'd like to know though. That might be my next car
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

I guess I'll have to check this one out at home...it's blocked by a firewall at work, with an expanation that it is 'tasteless and offensive'!

I'll just have to judge for myself tomorrow morning.

Pat
    Communications Diva of the IACOJ, and proud member of the WOT!

Bagpipes: They put the fun back in funerals!!

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

SON OF A.....B!

Awesome rescue though. I note that the crews were off loading boxes of some kind, might have been a "soft" load in the trailer - dixie cups maybe? LOL

Funny thing about the trailer though. I have spent the majority of my growing up on rigs like that - my family had a semi-truck - and I have not ever seen a soft-sided trailer like that with doors on the back. Usually that set up is strictly tarped on sides and rear. Of course, as noted by Lutan, the soft sides would have had a lot to do with the minimal injury to the driver.
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 01-26-2007 at 01:04 AM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Thread Information