Thread: Fdny Test !!

Forum Member

Default Fdny Test !!

Wow, the tutorial tests were harder.....
    I hope everybody did great, and that your satisfied with your hardwork paying off.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moediaz View Post
    Wow, the tutorial tests were harder.....
    I hope everybody did great, and that your satisfied with your hardwork paying off.
    +1. Way easier than I expected, it's going to be hard to get on this list because everyone probably did well.

Forum Member

Hey all. I just got back from the PM test when I realized that I might have made a huge mistake. The axctual test questions were easy as you've both stated but my question is, did they at any point switch up the answers for 6-110? As in it started A) for Strongly agree to E) for strongly disagree, did the answers get switched at any time to A) for strongly disagree and E) for strongly agree? I hope to God not or I'm out. Thanks in advance for any aswers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PolyPoli View Post
    Hey all. I just got back from the PM test when I realized that I might have made a huge mistake. The axctual test questions were easy as you've both stated but my question is, did they at any point switch up the answers for 6-110? As in it started A) for Strongly agree to E) for strongly disagree, did the answers get switched at any time to A) for strongly disagree and E) for strongly agree? I hope to God not or I'm out. Thanks in advance for any aswers.
    I kept checking but didn't notice them changing so I stopped checking after a while.

I did see people filling out the answer keys the wrong way though. On answer sheet 1 they were filling them out vertically not horizontally like they are numbered, sucks for them.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jemixxnyc View Post
    I kept checking but didn't notice them changing so I stopped checking after a while.

I did see people filling out the answer keys the wrong way though. On answer sheet 1 they were filling them out vertically not horizontally like they are numbered, sucks for them.
    Thank you God. I was nervous because I did the same thing. After page 4 of those questions I just assumed that the rest of them would be lettered the same. Funny you mention that, the first thing I did was pay attention to which way the answers were going. 2 guys got kicked out of my testing class because their cellphones went off.

Forum Member

are you talking about the answer sheet question numbers? cause both of my answer sheets were numbered vertically not horizontally, as in:

not

1. 2. 3. 4.

and I was checking my answer sheet numbers with the question packet numbers the whole time since I do have a habit of messing those answer sheets up
    NJ FFII/EMT-B

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytallica45 View Post
    are you talking about the answer sheet question numbers? cause both of my answer sheets were numbered vertically not horizontally, as in:

not

1. 2. 3. 4.

and I was checking my answer sheet numbers with the question packet numbers the whole time since I do have a habit of messing those answer sheets up
    Yeah, I had the same setup. Some people had vertical ike us and others went horizontal. They do this so that you can't copy off of anyone and vice versa.

Forum Member

Yeah, I had the same setup. Some people had vertical ike us and others went horizontal. They do this so that you can't copy off of anyone and vice versa.
    oh ok, I figured thats probably what happened
    NJ FFII/EMT-B

Forum Member

The made the biggest mistake on the freakin TEST..Book#1 Q#31
    You probably know what i'm talking about...

This was really easy, i expected the test to be hard. The Memorization part was a piece of cake, i was really in "Aw" when i saw the questions.

Note:
    Those questions 6-45 or whatever number. Those are the one's , that can make you or break you !!

Forum Member

Moe, I know what you mean.Questions 7 through 45 were worth 1/8 of a point and 1 -6 on the first booklet was worth a whole point, so even if you didn't get through 7-45 and to be honest, I didn't. I estimate that I lost 1 1/2 points but I know I got the ones that were worth a full point correct so I'm not worried.

Forum Member

Oh and as for #31, don't even bother to dispute it because the answer was extremely obvious even though it wasn't written out completely.

Forum Member

Oh and as for #31, don't even bother to dispute it because the answer was extremely obvious even though it wasn't written out completely.
    WHOA DUDE...i thought it was a trick question LMAO...i didn't even answer. You know how the DCAS loves to trick you, i didn't honestly answer it, LMAO

All the questions i got wrong on that part, my NYC credit makes up for it.

Forum Member

This test is going to be a sham. They did not let you take your answers with you, that is the biggest red flag ever. I wont be surprised if the list is not established for years due to lawsuits. How in the world do you grade a question that is one's personal opinion? Its a shame that they did this. Hopefully the games they didnt want to play on this exam worked against them and will keep the moron skells off this job and send them back to the street corner's they are on now!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyirons2 View Post
    This test is going to be a sham. They did not let you take your answers with you, that is the biggest red flag ever. I wont be surprised if the list is not established for years due to lawsuits. How in the world do you grade a question that is one's personal opinion? Its a shame that they did this. Hopefully the games they didnt want to play on this exam worked against them and will keep the moron skells off this job and send them back to the street corner's they are on now!

Jonny-

You are probably more correct than you know. Although I only got accounts from a dozen guys who took it there is almost definately going to be some litigation. Every guy had the same reaction and confusion, especially the ones who have taken past firemens exams. This exam I have no doubt will be ranked historically as one of the most confounding and controversial. This was an attempt to weaken the Civil Service system....lets pray this is such a disaster they return to the exams of years past. God only knows the garbage that will sneek through on this entire list....written is a sham, physical is a joke....better get our Class A's cleaned now.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Fred, I am the first in my family to be involved in civil service. But in my short period of time, I have come to the conclusion that it is devoid of just practices. The powers that be can alter the interpretation to how they feel fit at any time. My only hope now is that the next Lt's test, which i will really study for will get me out of the position of being equal to this new garbage. I love where I am, its just getting more and more like a street corner every time we get a new probie, and thats not for me. I hope that the Brothers advise these guys who took the exam to get a lawyer. I hope Pudgy Walsh finds out about this and all the guys who train with him sign on board.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyirons2 View Post
    Fred, I am the first in my family to be involved in civil service. But in my short period of time, I have come to the conclusion that it is devoid of just practices. The powers that be can alter the interpretation to how they feel fit at any time. My only hope now is that the next Lt's test, which i will really study for will get me out of the position of being equal to this new garbage. I love where I am, its just getting more and more like a street corner every time we get a new probie, and thats not for me. I hope that the Brothers advise these guys who took the exam to get a lawyer. I hope Pudgy Walsh finds out about this and all the guys who train with him sign on board.

Although merit and fitness through the Civil service system has been under attack for many decades now...this is one of the longest jumps they've ever taken in entrance exams in attempts to weaken the competitive nature of the exam.

They've allowed subjective questions which will be strictly scored as to someones opinion in City Hall or DCAS and they have made a conscious descision to not reward those who have worked hard in life to achive a meaningful job. Having to offer contsant reminders, wake up calls and bussing options so that these lazy bags of SH*t will actually show up is a disgrace and a joke.

It is up to us who know better to keep the pressure on our elected representatives and union bosses so that they will work to maintain and strengthen the Competive nature of the Civil Service exam

My hopes are with a new Mayor and a Commissioner who at least has a minimum of respect and understanding of the fire department we will have better support and the integrity of Civil Service and the FDNY will again be strengthened if not just maintained.

The job has weathered hiring nonsense before such as the 1 in 3 rule...If History is any guide we will overcome this liberal social engineering experiment with all that much more resolve to fight any future attempts at reducing the quality of persons selected for appointment to the FDNY.

Stay safe.

FTM-PTB
    Last edited by FFFRED; 01-21-2007 at 12:49 PM.

Forum Member

I for one am actually upset that I studied so hard for this test. I was expecting to go into a real test, a hard one. Instead I get this.

Nothing we can do at this point but wait and see how they grade these things.

Forum Member

I for one am actually upset that I studied so hard for this test. I was expecting to go into a real test, a hard one. Instead I get this.

Nothing we can do at this point but wait and see how they grade these things.
    Upset that you had to put in the extra bit of effort to have the opportunity to get the job that many only dream of? I'd gladly take your spot on the list (if you make it..) if it such an "upset".

What the frack!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

MembersZone Subscriber

Although I am not going to do it, I can see a lawsuit just from the speed portion of the exam. Some people had verticle colums and some had horizontle. I was 5 questions short on this portion of finishing it. Those of us with horizontle colums were at a disadvantage from the beginning. I beleive that if I have the verticle colums instead of the horizontle I wouldhave finished with all questions answered. Time was wasted continuously going across the page for each question and looking for the correct bubble to go in. With colums it is possible to leave your hand in one spot to answer 5 questions and you know exactly where the bubble will be.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DTLarson View Post
    Although I am not going to do it, I can see a lawsuit just from the speed portion of the exam. Some people had verticle colums and some had horizontle. I was 5 questions short on this portion of finishing it. Those of us with horizontle colums were at a disadvantage from the beginning. I beleive that if I have the verticle colums instead of the horizontle I wouldhave finished with all questions answered. Time was wasted continuously going across the page for each question and looking for the correct bubble to go in. With colums it is possible to leave your hand in one spot to answer 5 questions and you know exactly where the bubble will be.
    That's why it's called a TEST.

You're under the clock ALL the time when you're on a run. What are you gonna do when the clock runs out to save that little kid on the third floor? You knew the time limit, you needed to push yourself.

Quitcher' bitchin. Like I said above.. I'd gladly take your spot on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue View Post
    That's why it's called a TEST.

You're under the clock ALL the time when you're on a run. What are you gonna do when the clock runs out to save that little kid on the third floor? You knew the time limit, you needed to push yourself.

Quitcher' bitchin. Like I said above.. I'd gladly take your spot on the list.

For civil service exams to work R343, everyone needs to have the same opportunity and the same format on the exam for it to be an equal assement for all.

That part is timed, if it takes a typical person more time when working with columns left to right than one working within a column top to bottom, then there is a problem with the exam format and the ability of one man to answer the same amount of questions as the next man.

This is only one small issue that I can imagine is going to end up in a NYS court before long.

Social Engineering should be left to theory in college classrooms, not in an exam for NYC firefighters.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Moediaz View Post
    WHOA DUDE...i thought it was a trick question LMAO...i didn't even answer. You know how the DCAS loves to trick you, i didn't honestly answer it, LMAO

All the questions i got wrong on that part, my NYC credit makes up for it.
    If you are serious about not answering that question, you realize that could be the question that cost you a job. There will be THOUSANDS of others who DID answer it and are also getting NCY and MILITARY credit.

NOT A GOOD MOVE.

Forum Member

To the brothers on the job in New York, it is a shame with what they are doing to your department, it will have an effect for decades to come.
    Last edited by CTJAKE; 01-21-2007 at 03:55 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTJAKE View Post
    If you are serious about not answering that question, you realize that could be the question that cost you a job. There will be THOUSANDS of others who DID answer it and are also getting NCY and MILITARY credit.

NOT A GOOD MOVE.
    No Disrespect intended; If you would've seen the question and answers, my judgement was considerable.
    The Question, for example had 9th street. You had to match the same, exact Street number and given information to the answers provided below. All the Answers had 39, 39, and other 30 number streets. There was no 9th street, so if i get that question wrong, i will protest.

This test, was fairly easy, and didn't test my thinking.
    The opinions, well, i guess they put those there to see what Kind of FF you would become, and how you would fit in as a FireFighter.
    75% of what you studied in the tutorial classes, or even in the book wasn't on this test.

Forum Member

You Got It Wrong

Thread Information