Thread: need opinions

MembersZone Subscriber

Default need opinions

Need opinions on the website that I have up now. This is probally in the wrong place but oh well.

addy is www.springfieldlocal4510.com/forums

let me know what you all think

Sincerely
    Tann
    IACOJ
    FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

Looks pretty good. I did notice someone misspelled "association" though.

MembersZone Subscriber

Developing the web site is the easy part. Keeping it maintained is work.

Just my opinions, take them or ignore them, it does not make any difference to me:

Springfield where? Springfield is one of the most common town names in the U.S. Maybe add a sentence or two describing your association.

The black background with the flame boarders is a little hard on the eyes and distracts from the content. The white text on red is also hard to read and cannot be read when you put the mouse pointer over the text.

You have a lot of discussion categories. Have you considered starting with a few and expanding as membership and activity increases?
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Forum Member

Looks good to me, if you think we need another fire based discussion board.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but is anyone having difficulty trying to post new threads?? I can obviously post comments, but I have been trying to start a new thread for 3 days from many differn't computers and networks.

No worky!!
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KenNFD1219 View Post
    Developing the web site is the easy part. Keeping it maintained is work.

Just my opinions, take them or ignore them, it does not make any difference to me:

Springfield where? Springfield is one of the most common town names in the U.S. Maybe add a sentence or two describing your association.

The black background with the flame boarders is a little hard on the eyes and distracts from the content. The white text on red is also hard to read and cannot be read when you put the mouse pointer over the text.

You have a lot of discussion categories. Have you considered starting with a few and expanding as membership and activity increases?

You might be asked for a link to Moe's and the nuke plant...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 01-21-2007 at 01:48 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisE34a View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but is anyone having difficulty trying to post new threads?? I can obviously post comments, but I have been trying to start a new thread for 3 days from many differn't computers and networks.

No worky!!

Exactly the reason amongst other things but anyway.

Will take care of the mispellings
    IACOJ
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Damn you Gonzo!!....I was gonna be all over that.....DOH!
    A vomiting Firefighter is an ugly Firefighter.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ken took care of the links not showing up. Also you can choose the default style for viewing the forums and working on a few other styles if its hard on your eyes. You can choose under edit options
    Last edited by Tann3100; 01-21-2007 at 06:22 PM.
    IACOJ
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Sorry KenNFD but I like the black background with the flames. Maybe it's just my computer screen, but it looks good to me. I did not see a search function on your website though.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mtrjt1 View Post
    Sorry KenNFD but I like the black background with the flames. Maybe it's just my computer screen, but it looks good to me. I did not see a search function on your website though.
    Im working on the parent website search function. But in order to search forums you have to be a registered member but its there. ALthough not to much to search right now lol.
    IACOJ
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Very nice layout. I think the flames and stuff add a nice touch to it. Also the home page to it is awesome to. I posted a thread to get some interest sparked for you.

Anyway you all keep up the good work. I think if you stay on top of things over there you might actually be on to something.

Stay Safe
    KJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Kjohnson24 View Post
    Very nice layout. I think the flames and stuff add a nice touch to it. Also the home page to it is awesome to. I posted a thread to get some interest sparked for you.

Anyway you all keep up the good work. I think if you stay on top of things over there you might actually be on to something.

Stay Safe
    KJ
    THanks for the feedback
    IACOJ
    FTM-PTB

Thread Information