Thread: FDNY List 6017

MembersZone Subscriber

Default FDNY List 6017

Let's see if this thread takes, so we can keep the two lists separate:

Quote Originally Posted by fdnyrules71 View Post
    This wasn't an apitude test at all, it was more of a freaking psychological test...
    Didn't take this one, but sounds like you're right.
    Tests that incorporate a mini-psych in them have been around for several years at this point. Sadly it is just another way to weed some people out. Especially the ones that haven't taken one before. This whole "desirable/undesirable" or "strongly agree-strongly disagree" format has been the make or break for a lot of tests these recent years. I know of several people that can pass a general aptitude test with flying colors. Throw in this personality portion and they fall right off the list.

I know this is all after-the-fact, but hopefully some of you were able to gleen some of these questions out of the preparation books like Barron's and Arco. This format merely follows a template of a most desirable profile.

All I can say is hang in there guys. Hope for the best. But I wouldn't hope for a lot of contesting. Look at Chicago. No test for ten years due to legal hassles. You don't want that.

Turn your attention to the CPAT (snicker). Become familiar with the format and what is expected. It's too easy to pass. If you can take one or practice in your area, do so if you've never taken it.

Run. Medical will be more difficult to pass given the stepmill test/HR monitoring.

Keep your nose clean.

Hang tough.
    bam

FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

The test was kind of bogus. 195 questions. 45 aptitude questions. I guess we'll just have to see.

Forum Member

I was also dissapointed with this test and the way it was conducted. Im figuring your gonna need a perfect score to get hired. Its a shame that the testing standards have been lowered in an attempt to diversify the job.

Forum Member

Angry

is anyone else upset at the fact that the application period was extended for an extra three weeks and within that three weeks 18,000 applicants registered to take the test.

Forum Member

the fact that it was extended is something they have done in the past so i wasnt suprised at all.

Forum Member

Just a heads up, its 6019 not 6017.
    Last edited by Saoirse34; 01-23-2007 at 05:30 AM.

Forum Member

I thought the test was fairly easy . I just turned 18 on the 5th so the list wont probably get put up until im around 19 1/2 . so lets say i get hired before im 21 what happens then

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT17 View Post
    I thought the test was fairly easy . I just turned 18 on the 5th so the list wont probably get put up until im around 19 1/2 . so lets say i get hired before im 21 what happens then
    You don't get hired until you are 21.

If your number should come before you turn 21, you are thrown back on to the top of the list for the next class and this will continue until they appoint a class of probies and you are 21.

FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse34 View Post
    Just a heads up, its 6019 not 6017.
    My bad. Seeing if it can be changed.
    bam

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey guys, good luck to all on the exam. I agree the test wasn't hard at all, however, if the clientel in the rest of the testing sessions was anything like my session, I wouldn't be so sure those guys will score so perfectly. It may have seemed easy for us, but you be surprised, I know of an exam given a few years ago near my hometown where a study guide was given out several weeks prior to the exam AND you were allowed to use the study guide during the exam (open book test), and there were guys who FAILED! How do you fail an open book test, especially when you were given the book to study several weeks prior to the exam. Wish I would've taken that exam!

MembersZone Subscriber

does anybody here know when we should be recieving information telling us how we scored on the test?

Forum Member

Default yo

how did everyone do on the test.

Thread Information