Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Exclamation 2000 Seagrave Quint issues

Our department has a 2000 Seagrave Quint, 75' Mean Stick. We have been experiencing numerous issues, problems, breakdowns with this vehicle since it was delivered.

My question is, does anyone know about the strike at Seagrave during 1999-2000? And, does anyone else have this vehicle, or similar problems with another Seagrave quint/aerial that was built around the same time?

Our biggest problems are with the electrical and hydraulic systems.

Thanks in advance!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hotsauce102 View Post
    Our department has a 2000 Seagrave Quint, 75' Mean Stick. We have been experiencing numerous issues, problems, breakdowns with this vehicle since it was delivered.

My question is, does anyone know about the strike at Seagrave during 1999-2000? And, does anyone else have this vehicle, or similar problems with another Seagrave quint/aerial that was built around the same time?

Our biggest problems are with the electrical and hydraulic systems.

Thanks in advance!

There was no strike at seagrave during 99-00 the last strike was in 92-93. What are some of the specific problems that you are having with the truck.

Forum Member

Some of the problems include hydraulic systems failure for the aerial device, electrical problems with the truck (multiple). Some of the hydraulic issues include having to override the system to deploy the jacks and aerial, rust on the aerial.

Paint problems with peeling and bubbling paint.

Suspension problems.

Other issues to numerous to list.

Forum Member

Some of the problems include hydraulic systems failure for the aerial device, electrical problems with the truck (multiple). Some of the hydraulic issues include having to override the system to deploy the jacks and aerial, rust on the aerial.

Suspension problems.

Is there an extended warranty on this truck or were any of these problems looked at while it was still in warranty is there a sales rep in your area that could look at it for you

Forum Member

Been there, done that, back to the factory twice, looking at lemon laws now for it.

Forum Member

Default Seagrave Quint Issues

If I am not mistaken, the Meanstick was a brand new product at around the end of the 90's into 2000. I did hear of some issues, but for the most part, they have worked them out. My area has quite a few Meansticks and they are working well. There were some bugs, but for the most part they work well. What kind of material was the cab and body made of? Galvaneal or Stainless. Seagrave changed paint manufacturers from Dupont to PPG. There were many problems with Dupont. The PPG seems to work well. Galvaneal steel is gone also. Seagrave only has Stainless and aluminum.
    Who have you contacted at the factory about this? I know some people affiliated with Seagrave. Maybe I can steer you in the right direction. Sorry to hear about the issues. I hope it can be worked out.

Forum Member

THanks for the reply....as far as the specs on the body/cab, i don't know off the top of my head.

As far as the factory, it seems pretty much we are SOL, as the chief and city has sent letters, phone calls, etc, and nothing is happening....seems we are stuck with it.

Forum Member

Suspension problems.

Are these all issues that have existed since the truck was new or have they developed recently?

Good Luck hope everything works out

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation

My department has a 2000 Seagrave 100' aerial. Our delivery date was pushed back because of the strike no major problems to report and any minor ones were taken care of by the factory. Quality truck and they stand behind it
    Last edited by nrz2334; 01-26-2007 at 06:44 PM.
    nrz2334
    Just my view

I would rather push my Seagrave than drive your Pierce!!

TNT Rescue The Best!!!!!!!

Thread Information