Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9

    Default In need of a pager.

    Hello, I was just wondering if anyone would have or know of someone that has a fire pager for sale. There is currently a waiting list for the fire pagers at our department. Obviously the juniors are at the bottom of the list. I'm not expecting a brand spanking new pager either. I was thinking of a used one, but have had no luck buying them.

    My fire frequency is 33.800 or 33.860


    Thanks

    Marc Jacklitch
    Marc Jacklitch
    Junior Firefighter
    Station: 286
    McKeesport, Pennsylvania


  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    124

    Default

    you could also look for a used scanner, or new one, from ebay, radio shack, wal mart etc.

    Just a suggestion

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I already have a scanner. But I had lugging the thing around. Another problem that I have is that I don't wake up if we get a call in the morning or something.
    Marc Jacklitch
    Junior Firefighter
    Station: 286
    McKeesport, Pennsylvania

  4. #4
    Forum Member Res343cue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Your 1st due.
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    Contact me at 802 793 5319.

    I can get you what you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

    I A C O J
    FTM-PTB


    Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9

    Default

    How much are we talking?
    Marc Jacklitch
    Junior Firefighter
    Station: 286
    McKeesport, Pennsylvania

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    32

    Default In need if a pager

    OK i have question why does a junior need a fire pager no disrespect but can you respond to calls in your POV, do you have any certifications that will allow to fight fire or help someone? and why do you really need a fire pager.

  7. #7
    Forum Member Res343cue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Your 1st due.
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLexplorer305 View Post
    OK i have question why does a junior need a fire pager no disrespect but can you respond to calls in your POV, do you have any certifications that will allow to fight fire or help someone? and why do you really need a fire pager.
    Chill out.

    If he wants to buy a pager, it's not up to you to decide if he needs it or not. Looking at your username, you're an Explorer...Back off.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

    I A C O J
    FTM-PTB


    Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLexplorer305 View Post
    OK i have question why does a junior need a fire pager no disrespect but can you respond to calls in your POV, do you have any certifications that will allow to fight fire or help someone? and why do you really need a fire pager.
    My post is supposed to have pagers. We just haven't bought new batteries for them yet. One of our guys does have a pager (RFRDxplorer), just not the rest of us... yet. Hope to soon though.
    Why? For listening. Exact same thing you do with a scanner but it's mobile just like Marc said. No, we can't respond in our POV and I don't have any certs other than CPR.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  9. #9
    Forum Member backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue View Post
    Chill out.

    If he wants to buy a pager, it's not up to you to decide if he needs it or not. Looking at your username, you're an Explorer...Back off.
    What he said...


    I am an explorer, but am the only one on the post that has one. I wear it around town. There are times to wear it and time to not.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  10. #10
    MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...
    Posts
    2,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    What he said...


    I am an explorer, but am the only one on the post that has one. I wear it around town. There are times to wear it and time to not.
    RFRD...geez, when are you gonna turn 18? Seems like you've been on the forums for several years....Did you start when you were 5 or something?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

    "I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    32

    Default i need of a pager

    i was just wondering

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Geez. I didn't mean to get flamed so much.. I was just asking a question. And what does a junior need a pager for? Well let's see. I would like to answer as many calls as I can. I need the experience. A perfect example was the other day about me not hearing it. It was about 6 o'clock in the morning and we got toned out for a possible structure fire. ( Kitchen Fire ) nothing big, but still. I could have went and learned something,.
    Marc Jacklitch
    Junior Firefighter
    Station: 286
    McKeesport, Pennsylvania

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc9118 View Post
    Geez. I didn't mean to get flamed so much.. I was just asking a question. And what does a junior need a pager for? Well let's see. I would like to answer as many calls as I can. I need the experience. A perfect example was the other day about me not hearing it. It was about 6 o'clock in the morning and we got toned out for a possible structure fire. ( Kitchen Fire ) nothing big, but still. I could have went and learned something,.

    I'm not protesting. It's deffinately a good idea. It would be cool if I had mine but I don't really need it because we can't respond like you can.
    Mckeesport... how far you from Millvale/North Hills area? (off the subject I know but just wondering)
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Look for a minitor two or something they arent too much money.

    Also, just out of curiousity how do juniors and explorers respond to a call if you cant drive... by the time you get there on like a bike i would hope your truck already left...

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Marguerite, Station 33
    Posts
    15

    Arrow my post

    at my stationwe are given pagers, but if you read my other post, youll see that beyond involved structures, anything is fair game. so as long as its not structure, we actually full firemen.

  16. #16
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Marguerite, Station 33
    Posts
    15

    Arrow my post

    at my stationwe are given pagers, but if you read my other post, youll see that beyond involved structures, anything is fair game. so as long as its not structure, we actually full firemen.

  17. #17
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Marguerite, Station 33
    Posts
    15

    Arrow my post

    at my stationwe are given pagers, but if you read my other post, youll see that beyond involved structures, anything is fair game. so as long as its not structure, we actually full firemen.

  18. #18
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Marguerite, Station 33
    Posts
    15

    Arrow my post

    at my stationwe are given pagers, but if you read my other post, youll see that beyond involved structures, anything is fair game. so as long as its not structure, we actually full firemen.

  19. #19
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I will be driving in exactly 78 days. April 12. And I can just run right up my hill. The firehall is not even 5000 feet from my house..
    Marc Jacklitch
    Junior Firefighter
    Station: 286
    McKeesport, Pennsylvania

  20. #20
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihlrad View Post
    Look for a minitor two or something they arent too much money.

    Also, just out of curiousity how do juniors and explorers respond to a call if you cant drive... by the time you get there on like a bike i would hope your truck already left...
    Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, Guy who lives across the street whos a firefighter... lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need help with pager tones
    By needlejockey in forum Emergency Services Dispatcher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 07:52 AM
  2. Help with Pager Tones
    By needlejockey in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 03:09 AM
  3. Radio or Pager for New Member of a Volunteer Dept.
    By bourgm in forum Volunteer Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 05:48 PM
  4. Anybody using a Pager, please help me!!
    By pylonchief in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-12-2001, 12:13 PM
  5. Where can i find a pager
    By 82engine in forum Meet and Greet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2000, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts