Forum Member

Default In need of a pager.

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone would have or know of someone that has a fire pager for sale. There is currently a waiting list for the fire pagers at our department. Obviously the juniors are at the bottom of the list. I'm not expecting a brand spanking new pager either. I was thinking of a used one, but have had no luck buying them.

My fire frequency is 33.800 or 33.860

Thanks

Marc Jacklitch
    Marc Jacklitch
    Junior Firefighter
    Station: 286
    McKeesport, Pennsylvania

MembersZone Subscriber

you could also look for a used scanner, or new one, from ebay, radio shack, wal mart etc.

Just a suggestion

Forum Member

I already have a scanner. But I had lugging the thing around. Another problem that I have is that I don't wake up if we get a call in the morning or something.
    Marc Jacklitch
    Junior Firefighter
    McKeesport, Pennsylvania

Forum Member

Contact me at 802 793 5319.

I can get you what you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

How much are we talking?
    Marc Jacklitch
    Junior Firefighter
    McKeesport, Pennsylvania

Forum Member

Default In need if a pager

OK i have question why does a junior need a fire pager no disrespect but can you respond to calls in your POV, do you have any certifications that will allow to fight fire or help someone? and why do you really need a fire pager.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLexplorer305 View Post
    OK i have question why does a junior need a fire pager no disrespect but can you respond to calls in your POV, do you have any certifications that will allow to fight fire or help someone? and why do you really need a fire pager.
    Chill out.

If he wants to buy a pager, it's not up to you to decide if he needs it or not. Looking at your username, you're an Explorer...Back off.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

My post is supposed to have pagers. We just haven't bought new batteries for them yet. One of our guys does have a pager (RFRDxplorer), just not the rest of us... yet. Hope to soon though.
    Why? For listening. Exact same thing you do with a scanner but it's mobile just like Marc said. No, we can't respond in our POV and I don't have any certs other than CPR.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue View Post
    Chill out.

If he wants to buy a pager, it's not up to you to decide if he needs it or not. Looking at your username, you're an Explorer...Back off.
    What he said...

I am an explorer, but am the only one on the post that has one. I wear it around town. There are times to wear it and time to not.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    What he said...

I am an explorer, but am the only one on the post that has one. I wear it around town. There are times to wear it and time to not.
    RFRD...geez, when are you gonna turn 18? Seems like you've been on the forums for several years....Did you start when you were 5 or something?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

Default i need of a pager

i was just wondering

Forum Member

Geez. I didn't mean to get flamed so much.. I was just asking a question. And what does a junior need a pager for? Well let's see. I would like to answer as many calls as I can. I need the experience. A perfect example was the other day about me not hearing it. It was about 6 o'clock in the morning and we got toned out for a possible structure fire. ( Kitchen Fire ) nothing big, but still. I could have went and learned something,.
    Marc Jacklitch
    Junior Firefighter
    McKeesport, Pennsylvania

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marc9118 View Post
    Geez. I didn't mean to get flamed so much.. I was just asking a question. And what does a junior need a pager for? Well let's see. I would like to answer as many calls as I can. I need the experience. A perfect example was the other day about me not hearing it. It was about 6 o'clock in the morning and we got toned out for a possible structure fire. ( Kitchen Fire ) nothing big, but still. I could have went and learned something,.

I'm not protesting. It's deffinately a good idea. It would be cool if I had mine but I don't really need it because we can't respond like you can.
    Mckeesport... how far you from Millvale/North Hills area? (off the subject I know but just wondering)
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Look for a minitor two or something they arent too much money.

Also, just out of curiousity how do juniors and explorers respond to a call if you cant drive... by the time you get there on like a bike i would hope your truck already left...

Forum Member

Arrow my post

at my stationwe are given pagers, but if you read my other post, youll see that beyond involved structures, anything is fair game. so as long as its not structure, we actually full firemen.

Forum Member

Arrow my post

at my stationwe are given pagers, but if you read my other post, youll see that beyond involved structures, anything is fair game. so as long as its not structure, we actually full firemen.

Forum Member

Arrow my post

Forum Member

Arrow my post

Forum Member

I will be driving in exactly 78 days. April 12. And I can just run right up my hill. The firehall is not even 5000 feet from my house..
    Marc Jacklitch
    Junior Firefighter
    McKeesport, Pennsylvania

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mihlrad View Post
    Look for a minitor two or something they arent too much money.

Also, just out of curiousity how do juniors and explorers respond to a call if you cant drive... by the time you get there on like a bike i would hope your truck already left...
    Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, Guy who lives across the street whos a firefighter... lol

MembersZone Subscriber

yea chill out and YES depening on the department most juniors are allowed to respond with there department, I know all the juniors on our department, train and run calls with the firefighters on the department, the only things we cant do are vote, or do anything that would put us in any kind of danger i.e make an interior attack, and yes as a junior I do have certifcations, I have tested and passed the firefighter 1, waiting for the oppritunity to go to the burn building know that im 18, I have CPR/AED(part of FF 1), I have my Flagger certification (need it to be able to do ANY kind of traffic control at an emergency scene), NIMS ICS 700,and HazMat Awareness(part of FF 1). o and yea I also have my license so don't think juniors cant drive to the station.
    Last edited by jrfirefighter23; 01-25-2007 at 03:07 PM.

Forum Member

Haha, same thing here, im in FFI right now, and im taking a few classes also and were allowed to run calls with our station and do the training. We just can't do anything that puts us in danger.

Forum Member

Quote: OK i have question why does a junior need a fire pager

I know on our fire department the department does not provide pagers for us. So the 4 exploprers on our department either have portable scanners or scaners at home and in their pickups. We are allowed to respond to all calls no matter the time of day or night. Granted we actually respond to the scene very few times, but when we get the chance we learn a bunch and get alot of hands on experience.

I suggest every explorer get a pager or scanner and respond to the station for calls because even there you learn things!

Forum Member

Arrow i agree

Quote Originally Posted by hfdexplorer View Post
    Quote: OK i have question why does a junior need a fire pager

I know on our fire department the department does not provide pagers for us. So the 4 exploprers on our department either have portable scanners or scaners at home and in their pickups. We are allowed to respond to all calls no matter the time of day or night. Granted we actually respond to the scene very few times, but when we get the chance we learn a bunch and get alot of hands on experience.

I suggest every explorer get a pager or scanner and respond to the station for calls because even there you learn things!
    well said!!!!! :*

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dmleblanc View Post
    RFRD...geez, when are you gonna turn 18? Seems like you've been on the forums for several years....Did you start when you were 5 or something?
    If I had known about the forums when I was five I probably would have tried to get on? (Was the internet around when I was five???? lol)

I've got my liscence but have not yet turned 18......

If my post high school life goes as planned, I will not be able to get on a FD until after college (the only downfall to my plans), but I can live with that......I'll be a regular visitor to the forums to prevent myself from getting rusty.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Thread Information